corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa haters

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa haters
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
6th Jul 10 at 23:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
leave it and you are left with very little of anything that resembles a corsa forum aswell.
Don't entirely agree with that. We have some examples of things going well when you cut through the snobbery.
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

correct. although leave it and you are left with very little of anything that resembles a corsa forum aswell. its difficult either way.

in terms of shows and events. where do these people that you enjoy their company come in to it? are they going to attend on the stand, show their car etc and represent this site? thats the problem i see anyway. its not the content of other cars and other interests as you are right, it makes it with the people a good forum. just think how you can represent the forum?

I dont do shows & events so I dont & never have represented the forum.

I just like it here. The forum probably needs to go in 2 different ways. Those who are activly involved & those who are not. I dont see any of the former corsa owners post corsa related things, maybe the occasional reply to something where they feel they can help. However if its causing problems then its maybe best to just have a clear out & move those not interested off elsewhere!!?

tbh I wouldnt really care so long as I know the usual suspects are going to be around wherever that may be.
DannyB
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Corsas a lot, never owned a B though if someone posts then I will give my opinion, I wont sugar coat it at all, but I dont think I'm offensive.
sand-eel

6th Jul 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my corsa after 4 years of ownership today, wasn't as sad as when I sold my NOva though
Pretty reliable as well TBH over 4 years and 40K miles
- front pads disks
-handbrake cable
-AFM
-crank sensor
-a couple of brake pipes
-2 track rod ends
-1 outer CV
Not bad really.
Limecat
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I'd happilly go to another site no problem if I could take all the people of whom's company I enjoy with me.

Its not the subject of this forum that makes it great...its the people that post on it, take that away & your left with very little!!

correct. although leave it and you are left with very little of anything that resembles a corsa forum aswell. its difficult either way.

in terms of shows and events. where do these people that you enjoy their company come in to it? are they going to attend on the stand, show their car etc and represent this site? thats the problem i see anyway. its not the content of other cars and other interests as you are right, it makes it with the people a good forum. just think how you can represent the forum?

Were you at PV Nic?

/trolling.

(I wasn't!)
Nic Barnes

7th Jul 10 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i wasnt. this is the only place i post any stuff on. and tbh quite a few people read my project thread so in that respect i do my bit id say. if people know anything about what ive done car related its because they have read it here. id like to think that counts.
Corsa_Scotty

7th Jul 10 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The site is generally dedicated to Enthusiasts and owners. People once upon a time may have liked the corsa when they were younger and grown out of them and went onwards and upwards. But it doesnt mean they dont like corsa's just because they dont own one anymore.

Although at times the site does remind me of a normal unbranded car forum as theirs more talk about other brands of car's i.e honda, Seat, VW,BMW etc etc.. It does kind of kill the motive of the forum a bit but most members seem to come on for the banter rather than the fact of supporting being a corsa owner/enthusiast. Other people may not agree with that but thats how i see it
Limecat
Banned

7th Jul 10 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was only trolling you. Calm down, no need to get your arse out of that kilt!
johnny86
Premium Member

7th Jul 10 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a corsa and I fucking love it..... Just ignore the people slating corsa so what ain't like their standing in front of your corsa slagging it off. Chill out nic don't worry
j10E W

7th Jul 10 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only owned a corsa for 6 months of my life, and im still here 6 years later i like the banter and the varied range of cars on here

i have a soft spot for the corsa b

[Edited on 07-07-2010 by j10E W]
Eck
Premium Member

7th Jul 10 at 01:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaadzy
clues also in the website title .. CORSAsport.co.uk

I hope you realise that you'd be left with a significant amount less traffic coming through the sites and funnily enough, a lot less help on the queries you may have about your car. I've had five of the things. Just sold my last one so I guess I'll pack my bags and stop contributing money through my preem and donations to the funds then?
sc0ott

7th Jul 10 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
whats the deal on here lately? everyone just slates everything and anything corsa related?

if someone joins up and wants to do some alterations to their car, people say dont both save up and buy something else. why not let them do what they want?

some people need to remember where they started out in cars. this is a site about corsas. the stand won best stand at pvs featuring only, some might find this hard to grasp, corsas.

a lot of people do like the little gm shopping trolley and people do make some amazing cars.

why do all the people that dont like them feel its their duty to slag them off all the time?

thanks.

i find your post a bit 'ironic'.

one more than one occasion, and im sure others have noticed but you have commented with 'should have bought a bus pass' in threads where others have modded their cars. isnt that implying their choice of mod is crap.
Nic Barnes

7th Jul 10 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have replied with the bus pass response for the last few months to anything i have posted. How does that work for irony then? You really do hold a grudge against me dont you? I dont even know who you are or why?
3CorsaMeal

7th Jul 10 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People aren't "into" corsas imo, they just happen to own one for whatever reason, cheap insurance, its your mums/nans/grandads old car. I think the car comes into your ownership first then you want to become a fan of it.

rather than, your a fan of a car and you go out with the intention of buying one, that doesn't happen with corsas.

Most people on here in their mid-20's have moved on, tom and jambo and colin to M3's, ojc, andy etc to astra vxr, AK has skyline, scooby, paul j has s2000, i have corrado, others have CTR's, Evo's.

Eventually the people with a corsa now will end up with something else and never be a fan of corsa again
SAL
Premium Member

7th Jul 10 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

General Car Chat

Corsa B,C and D Chat

Easy

Colin

7th Jul 10 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should we all move into Off day then & just post everything in there??
Nath

7th Jul 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually want another Corsa one day. A nice GSI with a 2.0 under the bonnet.
Limecat
Banned

7th Jul 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

EDIT: Wrong smilie at first.

[Edited on 07-07-2010 by LETGSI16V]
AK

7th Jul 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i am not saying its the best car. i am just saying for this being a corsa site, all that ever happens in general chat is corsas get slagged off every thread. i smashed a 911 turbo in a driveway built car a 10th of the cost. everyone just ripped the piss and slated corsas again.

and i'd still much rather have the 911
CORSA NUT

7th Jul 10 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Times have changed...what are we meant to do when we don't have Corsa's anymore? Leave?

Some of us are have been on a long time and TBH i come on here for banter and to look at cars.

Change the name of the forum? Won't exactly hurt will it?
AK

7th Jul 10 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think there is much wrong with the site.... its still busy, and I still keep coming back even when I last had a corsa about 4years ago.

I think the diversity of the site is what attracts a lot of memebers, or rather ensures older members stay.

I rarley post in offday so I'm not here just for the banter.

I do sometimes post negative comments towards Corsas but only when the person is planning on doing something daft. I may sound like their father but I have the experience of 'been there, done that'. I posted the same comments when I had a corsa (had 3).

Nic - you may take this the wrong way, but there is no malice in it. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder with regard to owning a corsa. If you're happy with it, be happy. All the comments about corners/straight line are just jibes (tounge in cheek) about your car only doing 1/4mile events. Your car may go round corners on the way to your work.... but a trackday is slightly different.

Our cars get slagged on other forums... jap crap etc. Its all just 'talk' and I'm happy enough in ownership. I know there downside, all cars have them.

[Edited on 07-07-2010 by AK]
CORSA NUT

7th Jul 10 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said Adam
Nath

7th Jul 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

EDIT: Wrong smilie at first.

[Edited on 07-07-2010 by LETGSI16V]

Dont be so shocked, I had a Corsa when I registered. Only natural to eventually upgrade.
Limecat
Banned

7th Jul 10 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why, what have you got now Nath, a 2cv? I could imagine you in a 2cv driving through fields with a basket of eggs, chewing grass and collecting nettles to make a soup.
Dr Pepper

7th Jul 10 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think theres an argument that the quality of modified corsas on here has improved due to many of the regular users moving on to more expensive cars as they get older.

I had my corsa after my 2nd car was stolen and a write off ... my corsa was the only thing I could get insured on.

Back then there was some horrific modified corsas about ..... big kits, massive wheels - all show no go .... and plenty of dicks driving them about in mcd car parks ect.

Now I genuinely like what most people are doing with their corsas on here ..... love the euro and motorsport themes most people are going with..... the corsa is a nice shape and suits subtle om style mods very well - it was never suibtable for a kit imo.

Im pretty sure the slating some corsas get on here is over the top but then I think its help to put a stop to the stupid over the top mods that were going on ..... to make a corsa that pleases all the ex owners on here it has to be done to a pretty high, factory look standard which can only be a good thing.

If you only had corsa owners on here you would lose a hell of a lot of expertise from some mebers who know the car inside out

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa haters 22 database queries in 0.0461249 seconds