corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any Carp fishermen?

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any Carp fishermen?
scunnylad

User status: Offline
11th May 12 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle what is said lake, with me working at a localish tackleshop may be able to help u out, a lad i work with fished selby many years ago ans had the lake record at 38 sumert called lucy but since it has gone day ticket the record.is only.mid twentys.

If you need any tackle owt give me a pm and i will try sort out a good price. If your after carp rods tho, look at the sonik sks range there £54.99 a piece but have lifetime guarentee.
Kippers

11th May 12 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
can someone please give me a reason why fishermen wear camo gear?

The camo element of it can be handy when stalking fish in the margins but generally I think it's just the fashionable pattern for fishing clobber

Camo clothes are fine, but camo scissors, hook wallets and bait boxes are just a pain in the arse and keep going missing

yeah great for stalking and my camo kit im wearing in my pics are actually NBC army issue suits from the late 80's early 90's.

They are very finely lined charcoal suits and are very warm.... got them off ebay about 5 years ago and were still in vacuum packed sealed bags with army stamps on. Cost next to nothing and last like no other fishing clothes.
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
Kyle what is said lake, with me working at a localish tackleshop may be able to help u out, a lad i work with fished selby many years ago ans had the lake record at 38 sumert called lucy but since it has gone day ticket the record.is only.mid twentys.

If you need any tackle owt give me a pm and i will try sort out a good price. If your after carp rods tho, look at the sonik sks range there £54.99 a piece but have lifetime guarentee.

Yo, it's not exactly local to Selby as I go fishing with a friend over in the Hull direction and the pond is Motorway Pond on the Hull District Anglers Association membership near Newport.

You work for chapmans iirc? I've been to the Hull/Hessle one a few times...awesome shop like a kid in a toy shop

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ended up getting a pair of Daiwa black widow 2.75tc rods for under £50, based on a few reviews online they should see me good for this year at least, and if the bug properly bites I can scale up next year

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Tiger

12th May 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All packed up ready for tomorrows session now, bring on them carp!
scunnylad

12th May 12 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ant at the hull store knows about the.moterway pond. Steve is very very knowledgeable he has taught me a good trick or two. I work at the scunny store, not as big but alot better =] black widows are a good rod, sold loads,

Im getting gear ready for a weeks time, just got the new wychwood epic alarms for my carping and a middy 4g micro muscle for my float fishing, can't wait to use them
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scunnylad
Ant at the hull store knows about the.moterway pond. Steve is very very knowledgeable he has taught me a good trick or two. I work at the scunny store, not as big but alot better =] black widows are a good rod, sold loads,

Im getting gear ready for a weeks time, just got the new wychwood epic alarms for my carping and a middy 4g micro muscle for my float fishing, can't wait to use them

There is a gent who works at Hull who's name escapes me, but seen his photo loads in magazines and books n stuff. He talked to me for absolutely ages when recommending me the warrior xt with quiver tip for barbel fishing.

I'll have to make the scunny journey at some point

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
scunnylad

12th May 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure.on that one, ant looks like a drug user =] steve has one of them ear stretching things.and is mid 20s the rest are 40 + n yeah i skid do.mate, we stock some stud they dnt and vice versa, we have some goo waters our way too like silberlake and old mill fisheries that chucks up at least 3 20lb + fish a week
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tim ridge I think he's called

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
scunnylad

12th May 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah tim is an amazing angler who isn't given enough credit. He has had carp over 30lb 200 10lb+ bream multiple 10lb tench and barbel, he is one of the beat i know but for info and stuff like that i would say steve metcalfe is the best over there
Stu

13th May 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not been out in ages, seeing the pics of those two 50's well gives me the bug!!!
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th May 12 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just rewatched the first Korda underwater DVD. Gotta say it's hurt my confidence in popups a bit when fishing a clear bottom. lots of fish avoiding the hookbait and taking loose feed from around it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kippers

13th May 12 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to remember how clear Horseshoe lakes are!

Water is like glass!
scunnylad

13th May 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

up morth pop ups are deadly as all we hav is sand and clay pits, thats why gaz farehams northen specials are one of the best selling popups
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th May 12 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kippers

Water is like glass!

Yeah I guess so.

From my (limited) marker float skillz it seems like "my swim" seems to be uniform silty or maybe slightly clayish so not sure if I should be using popups or not. Occasionally when I reel back in I've got the odd bit of dead weed on... but I think it's just stray bits.

I had both my fish on a snowman type setup with a 15mm sinker and 10mm popup. I may try a bigger single sinker next weekend.

Also, I'm fishing two rods - one in the margin off to my left as there's a nice reedbed there, only had one bite on there and it felt like a reasonably fish but it pulled the hook. Should I be fishing both rods to my "ranged" spot or am I best of splitting my options?

I like the margin swim because it's easy to bait up, and I can bait it up quietely rather than dropping great big spods or cattied groundbait balls in.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kippers

13th May 12 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont use a marker float unless im there for either a weekend/week.

I have equal luck on pop up and normal freezer baits.

Ill always split my options unless one is catching constant and ill move another rod to the catching area but maybe 5/10 yards off it.

Ive had 3 rods within 10 yards of the same spot before and caught constant.

Sometimes its worth dropping to 2 x 10mm boilies as noone seems to fish amll baits anymore. Ive caught on lakes where noone has caught for days using this method.
Stu

13th May 12 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Kippers

Water is like glass!

Yeah I guess so.

From my (limited) marker float skillz it seems like "my swim" seems to be uniform silty or maybe slightly clayish so not sure if I should be using popups or not. Occasionally when I reel back in I've got the odd bit of dead weed on... but I think it's just stray bits.

I had both my fish on a snowman type setup with a 15mm sinker and 10mm popup. I may try a bigger single sinker next weekend.

Also, I'm fishing two rods - one in the margin off to my left as there's a nice reedbed there, only had one bite on there and it felt like a reasonably fish but it pulled the hook. Should I be fishing both rods to my "ranged" spot or am I best of splitting my options?

I like the margin swim because it's easy to bait up, and I can bait it up quietely rather than dropping great big spods or cattied groundbait balls in.

Any idea if the silt is deep? Always hard fishing on silt because the depth of it is hard to determine (unless you are in a boat so can feel it from above!) there are a few "methods" like using wool to see how far it marks it or cutting the swivel off a distance lead and trying to feel the silt but they are both hit and miss really. Anyway if you think it is definitely silty then keep your hook-lengths longer so your bait doesn't get pulled in but to be honest Id go with a chod rig if there was any hint of the soft stuff, I always use it in conjunction with a back lead tho so you nail as much of the line to the deck as possible.

Stick with both lines if I were you! I only fish the same spot with more than one line if a) your bagging loads or b) the swim is featureless and the only feature is the bait you have put down!

Kyle T
Premium Member

13th May 12 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only been using marker as I'm learning how to read the bottom and I'm also hoping to learn a single swim throughout the year so I'd like to know about where I'm fishing!

I'll definitely give 2x10mm a try, also got some 10mm halibut pellets which got me the margin bite last week.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kippers

13th May 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are fishing over silt then what i always do is use long hooklinks and balance the hookbait and use rig foam over the hook so the hook bait sits just on to of the silt one the rig foam melts.

Tiger

14th May 12 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went through every bait I had yesterday with varying success at different times of day. Started with good fish (10lb for the pool isn't bad) on 10mm popups on a blowback rig, nothing on tutti fruit to 15mm boilies. Ended up fishing either sweetcorn on hair rig or 8mm halibut pellets tipped with fake corn.
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 10:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got monday booked off next week so we're going to go for a walk down to the lake on sunday and bait up a few margin swims, then turn up bright n' early on monday.

We can stealthily drop a margin rod in upon arrival hoping the prebaiting has brought some fish in, and we can work on spodding at range... well that's the plan

No doubt weather or a great big bivvie in "our peg" will ruin it when we get there.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

18th May 12 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

off down to devon for a fortnights fishing in 3 weeks, got 25kg of pigeon food delivered couple days ago better work kipper
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 11:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
off down to devon for a fortnights fishing in 3 weeks, got 25kg of pigeon food delivered couple days ago better work kipper

We took a sack of pigeon food and another sack of wheat down to Holland last year - worked at treat. You have to boil it all up first though.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BarnshaW

18th May 12 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wont be boiling it, will stick it in a big bucket, stick boiling water over it and leave it a few days to ferment. jobs a good un
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th May 12 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
wont be boiling it, will stick it in a big bucket, stick boiling water over it and leave it a few days to ferment. jobs a good un

Yeah that'll do

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Any Carp fishermen? 23 database queries in 0.0174601 seconds