corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Performance Diesels

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Performance Diesels
Graham88

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
I still enjoy petrol cars, but if I was buying new again for daily use, i'd probably lean towards a higher performing diesel over a petrol car - and not for economy reasons - they are just much more driveable as they seem to pull better in gear making overtaking and DC/motorway driving so much easier

Have you driven the MPS version? On a motorway they are such easy cars to drive, and are exactly like you say except with a decent sound ;-) lol. Through the gears it's effortless to drive, as soon as you hit 3k it just keeps pulling, great for getting up to speed/overtaking
AndyKent

3rd Oct 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
I still enjoy petrol cars, but if I was buying new again for daily use, i'd probably lean towards a higher performing diesel over a petrol car - and not for economy reasons - they are just much more driveable as they seem to pull better in gear making overtaking and DC/motorway driving so much easier

Have you driven the MPS version? On a motorway they are such easy cars to drive, and are exactly like you say except with a decent sound ;-) lol. Through the gears it's effortless to drive, as soon as you hit 3k it just keeps pulling, great for getting up to speed/overtaking

Fair enough, but drinking fuel at the same time.

Horses for courses isn't it. In an ideal world we'd all run around in huge power petrol cars at 100mph everywhere but a lot of people just can't (or won't) pay for the fuel
mwg

3rd Oct 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've seen the figures Graham posts on here to do with his fuel consumption.... fuck that
Ben G

3rd Oct 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i agree, my focus st was the same. it in 6th gear about 1500rpm and cruise all the way, overtaking anyone easily.

BUT, fuel consumption wasn't good and on motorways diesels perform just as well as petrols, so i can see an argument for getting one.
Graham88

3rd Oct 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
quote:

i agree, my focus st was the same. it in 6th gear about 1500rpm and cruise all the way, overtaking anyone easily.

BUT, fuel consumption wasn't good and on motorways diesels perform just as well as petrols, so i can see an argument for getting one.

Oh no doubt about that, as I've said I'm not denying that Diesels aren't fast at times and on motorways they're probably great, but I just don't class them as performance

I can see why people want them if they don't want to front the fuel bill, I'm just addicted to the sound of petrol cars so I could never own a diesel car as my main car
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Oct 10 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

They don't do an MPS version of the current model (which mine is)

My 2.2d is the most powerful engine they do for the 6 now!
Graham88

3rd Oct 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Yeah I've seen the figures Graham posts on here to do with his fuel consumption.... fuck that

Graham88

3rd Oct 10 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

They don't do an MPS version of the current model (which mine is)

My 2.2d is the most powerful engine they do for the 6 now!

Really? Is yours a brand new one then? Cause I'm sure they do MPS's within the last year or so
mwg

3rd Oct 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/GrahamVFR/Mazda%203%20MPS/Random/IMG_0874.jpg

eeek even hammering mine I've never averaged less than 36MPG
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Oct 10 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MPS production stopped in '07

Mine was delivered to me from the factory in Feb - it's the new shape, but pre-facelift (which they've done in the last 3 months - very slight changes like grille, foglights and wheels, nothing major)

Mine;
Graham88

3rd Oct 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I see now, yeah you're right

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

[IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/GrahamVFR/Mazda%203%20MPS/Random/IMG_0874.jpg

eeek even hammering mine I've never averaged less than 36MPG

Admittedly that was after some proper hammering but still
sc0ott

3rd Oct 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by connollygt30
No you have just really got on my nerves lately...

Theres plenty like you on here full to the brim with shit and opinions about other peoples cars but when i seen that astra of yours i nearly pissed myself...

9 times out of 10 the wideos on here are miles away but you are'nt so if you have anything cheeky to say come and see me tommorow and we will do a bit

Ironic that considering in his sold the astra thread you were happily to call him a wanker yet now youre acting like a hard cunt because you cant take a bit cheek back. Grow the fuck up and if you dont like his posts keep it shut because you and the rest of the 'haters' ruin normal threads for no reason.
His posts are fine with having personal opinions etc but isnt that what members ask for these days and correct me and please prove me wrong but has he ever compared any of his cars to what he has / had to any other members of this sites cars?

Him comparing the mk3 to the mk4 is a perfectly fine post. Obviously theres a bit of a debate between it all but what gives you the right to say he is slavering shite. Isnt that cheek? Imo i would classify it as cheek so if you cant take shit then dont dish it out
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Oct 10 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Been there I went to see my mate the other week, put a tenner of fuel in at his house, drove for a takeaway, back to his and home, and I had to fill up on the way It said it was empty after 19 miles
sc0ott

3rd Oct 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Astra 888.

Would love one of these in black.

Golf gti tdi anni?

Mk3 Golf 1.9d n/a are alot quicker than the Gttdi 150.

Im refering to the gti tdi anni. Looks 10x better on the anni kit with the bbs rims.
Graham88

3rd Oct 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Been there I went to see my mate the other week, put a tenner of fuel in at his house, drove for a takeaway, back to his and home, and I had to fill up on the way It said it was empty after 19 miles

See there's something wrong there

If you want it to be good on fuel it's not that bad for the aspiration and engine size but that's where a Diesel is better, but that's about it
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Oct 10 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was hard driving with the inst. consumption reading 8 or less at all times
Graham88

3rd Oct 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Caining it?
mwg

3rd Oct 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the instant MPG one isn't accurate if its anything like mine, says 20 one second then back off and it says 140 the next. You need to look at the average for the journey for the true figure
Graham88

3rd Oct 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My best is about 33mpg on a motorway trip to Santa Pod with a small amount of playing
antnee

3rd Oct 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got around 30mpg on track at mallory
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

3rd Oct 10 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Was still a diesel though.They couldve chose the equivilent petrol and done the same mods.

They planned to use petrol and planted the wrong seeds!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot of peopel have mentioend the VAG PD engiens but they really cannot deliver usebale power

Its all or nothing. the new CR ones are much better but IMo the BMW Dervs are some of the best
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines fine
whitter45

4th Oct 10 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Mines fine

your is mapped isnt it

Not going over this again - like when BEn posted his car and even his dealer told him the 170 were nosier

If yours is fine then good for you - dont take it so personally
mwg

4th Oct 10 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine was fine before mapping also I don't take it personally, it just baffles me as to how you come to that conclusion. I can see with the 1.9 PD TDI's cos they literally are on off with the power but not with the 2.0s

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Performance Diesels 23 database queries in 0.0164540 seconds