corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmo, Marc, cavmad/Wayne, Tom, Jizinho Da Nutjub..... Liverpool to lose points

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cosmo, Marc, cavmad/Wayne, Tom, Jizinho Da Nutjub..... Liverpool to lose points
mwg

User status: Offline
14th Oct 10 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lolz this is funny
Ben G

14th Oct 10 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats happened now? heard it on the radio a texan court has blocked the sale of the club?

Whittie

14th Oct 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a fucking mess. Stupid American Cunts
Cavey

14th Oct 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
What a fucking mess. Stupid American Cunts

I couldn't give a crap about Liverpool personally, but Hicks and Gillett are fucking wankers

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Liverpool-FC-Sale-Tom-Hicks-And-George-Gillett-Claim-Temporary-Restraining-Order-From-Texan-Court/Article/201010215757883?lpos=Business_Second_UK_News_Article_Teaser_Region_9&lid=ARTICLE_15757883_Liverpool_FC_Sale%3A_Tom_Hicks_And_George_Gillett_Claim_Temporary_Restraining_Order_From_Texan_Court

Seeking $1.6 billion in damages
Tom

14th Oct 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Once that happen the top 4 becomes a virtual lock out, with Man C, Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal, all getting stronger each year whilst Liverpool end up in the Europa League, and without Torres (deffo) Gerrard, Reina, Kuyt (maybe), not to mention that the quality players you need to overtake the top 4 just wont come, history doesn't seem to count for anything these days, players are mercenaries and will just play for the team playing the top football.

So IMO it looks like a massive challenge, which is why i said this season is your most important, as you needed to get 4th to keep Man City out of it, but thats all gone to shit already.

I don't buy into that at all, if I swallowed everything the sky generation subscribe to then maybe I would. If we have money to spend, the type of players we will be after will come on the basis of us having history and relatively recent european success. If we are going to operate as a business then we're not going to adopt city's or madrid's transfer policies, we will need to balance our spending out with good experienced players (up to £15m/£20m) and bringing youth through.

As far as all of those players you have stated leaving, maybe they will, maybe they won't. Yes they will help us to attract decent players but they aren't the be all and end all. If we sell Torres for £40m/£50m the difference now is that we will be able to spend that and our existing budget on more players. The only issue i've got is that I don't want Hodgson to be in charge of the spending!

Back on main topic, this temp halt is just that, but we have to go by the book and have appointed american lawyers to blow this corrupt texan judge out of the water. The jurasdiction they think they have is due to one of the parts of the company being registered in america but the case we won holds water in america and apparently these temporary injunctions aren't very hard to come by. They've also dropped the ball by trying to sue for damages at the same time as going for the temporary blocking of the sale as that's not allowed (even in texas apparently). It might take a bit of time but they aren't going to block the NESV sale, we still hold all the cards, despite their final last ditched attempts to postpone it.
Eck
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it just me that giggled a wee bit at "Epic Swindle" on SSN? It seems the world epic is only used before FAIL these days
John G

14th Oct 10 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6444801,00.html

injunction granted, so the saga continues
Whittie

14th Oct 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need somebody to cough up £200M asap now though. Pretty fucked otherwise, the £320M buyer has pulled out due to the board not listening to them.

Marc

14th Oct 10 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I could afford it I'd buy you. Then I'd flatten the place and build flats.
Whittie

14th Oct 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just hoping Cosmo comes back soon, £200M problem will be sorted then.
Marc

14th Oct 10 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats probably why he hasn't been around, finalising the deal.
Eck
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope the deal goes through, just so those fucking yanky bastards get screwed out of millions.
Whittie

14th Oct 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I hope the deal goes through, just so those fucking yanky bastards get screwed out of millions.

So do I mate, I hope he gets rinsed dry, but obviously want us to be sorted out asap!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Oct 10 at 23:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie

15th Oct 10 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

D-Day
Tom

15th Oct 10 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is so tiring, honestly. I'm gonna have celebratory beers if we get sold today (to NESV rather than Mills taking over). Apparently Hicks has told the judge to lift the injunction (as he would have been held in contempt of UK high courts if he didn't), this whole thing with Mills doesn't stack up, they will end up having to spend £350m+ to take Hicks loans on (including what Gillett originally loaned and defaulted on) to buy a business that's true market value is £300m. They are a hedge fund who look to buy businesses at well under market value to spin a quick buck. I'm just hoping HJicks has got nothing left and that this deal with NESV goes through, i'm starting to warm this John Henry.
Rick Draper

15th Oct 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6445539,00.html
MJFF88

15th Oct 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.skysports.com/live-chat

Probably the best place to follow it
Rick Draper

15th Oct 10 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ownership test refused.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6445941,00.html
John G

15th Oct 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Ownership test refused.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6445941,00.html

Prob the best bit of news yet
Cavey

15th Oct 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No real suprise there, Hicks and Gillett were just after more money, they don't give a shit about the welfare of the club.

If they had any dignity, they'd take the hit (£50m-ish each?) admit that they were fools for thinking that football club ownership would ever be a profitable business, sell up to NESV and bugger off.

But as they've proved, they don't have any respect of dignity left anyway

[Edited on 15-10-2010 by Cavey]
Whittie

15th Oct 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They never have given a shit about the welfare of the club. They are a pair of bummers who are far too money orientated. I don't think they've ever had, or ever will have passion for any sports teams they purchase.

John Henry has got the money ready to hand over now according to SSN on my phone.
Ben D

15th Oct 10 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@ just taking a £50m hit for dignity...... k
Rick Draper

15th Oct 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
@ just taking a £50m hit for dignity...... k

Ye sure, i will take a £50m hit just to walk away with my dignity. FLOL, possibly the most worrying thing i have ever seen posted on here!
Cavey

15th Oct 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You haven't read most of Cavmad or Lets posts then? Or most of your own?

Fair point though

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cosmo, Marc, cavmad/Wayne, Tom, Jizinho Da Nutjub..... Liverpool to lose points 23 database queries in 0.0157871 seconds