corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside...

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside...
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
3rd Aug 11 at 02:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please quote where I have encouraged people to disregard rules at a track day or endorsed driving without insurance, MOT or tax.
Graham88

3rd Aug 11 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never said you had? I am saying you are mentioning things that plenty of people on here have done, but using them as ammo against Luke because you don't like him. Whatever disagreement you both have is between you I'm just saying how it looks from an outer perspective.
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 02:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The difference being that if someone else posted a video about being black flagged for overtaking in to a corner, they would probably already realise, or quickly become to realise, that they were talked to for a reason. Luke appears to place himself above this.

Same for everything else he does "wrong". I always get the feeling that he thinks he is beyond recourse and somehow a bit of a special case. I've met 14 year olds with paperwork who have more ownership.

Just gets up my nose. I don't dislike the guy, I just find his attitude a bit cuntish. If it comes across like I don't like him, it's generally because I've given up hope of ever making sense to him.
Graham88

3rd Aug 11 at 02:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See to me, he posted up the video, with a genuine question as there are a few budding trackday enthusiasts to see if he had done anything wrong, any comments that come after that were probably egged on by the fact that you went straight in by jumping down his throat in the 1st reply.

As I say, I can see why people feel the way they do, I'm just letting you know that you aren't exactly helping yourselves in the way you react/reply
Ian
Site Administrator

3rd Aug 11 at 02:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's a clever lad, I'm sure he knows fine well what was wrong. He's also well capable of asking the marshals.

He may even in an parallel universe have made a post about what he learnt from his mistakes.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 03:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With all due respect graham because I wouldn't wish it on anyone but you crashed at the ring because you ignored the advice on here and went over with a gun Ho attitude. You may not think you did, but me and ojc picked up on it and hence our replies to take it easy. There's very few rules over there but here marshalls are there to prevent stuff like that happening. The fact you wave your fist at them and the fact you ignored peoples advice on here go hand in hand really. Wether you've learnt from mistakes or whatever its a similar attitude to what's Luke is showing and it eventually trips you up. And indeed it did you and unfortunately for you ended up costing you thousands. I'm not to worried about a campaign to right lukes wrongs. It will eventually catch up with him. I'm talking about the attitude here more then the driving.

A good driver is someone that can gracefully accept decisions. A track isn't a public road with giveway signs and lane markings. Incidents aren't always clear cut and a good track attitude is about accepting decisions, learning from mistakes and generally seeing past the end of your nose. It will show in your driving aswell.

[Edited on 03-08-2011 by Steve]
BarnshaW

3rd Aug 11 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve the trackmaster
Ojc

3rd Aug 11 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done one 20 minute session in this country. But the difference with Steve is his driving is safe and within the limits, this moron is going to come unstuck real soon and I bet it won't be his fault.
mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
steve the trackmaster

And why is he up posting that at 4:54am
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up wanking over ur pics m8
mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

knew it was a mistake accepting that friend request from you
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do u want a fight is that what you are angling at lately
Paul_J

3rd Aug 11 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
steve the trackmaster

So much internet in here.

- I hadn't actually commented on Xaos' vid, but it honestly didn't seem like much of a move at all. They're all braking / lifting way before the corner. Then again, I've never been to Bedford so can't comment on what their rules are.

Steve, it makes me laugh you criticize him for going up the inside in a braking zone, when you dived up the inside at Quarry at combe, nearly hitting Captain Rosco's red mx5

I know I've done my fair share of risky manoeuvres on track, but then I don't go around telling other people that 'they drive reckless and I'm a saint', like you're trying to portray of yourself Steve to Graham. Accidents happen, whether you're going fast or slow, I don't think you can say Graham got what he deserved.

Either way, in the past I've seen some horrendous driving from people going slowly round a track (lack of observation / control) and can often feel that the 'traffic / queue of cars' behind a slower car can make the track a far riskier place ... as such I promote quicker cars trying to get past slower cars as soon as possible (to try to relieve this pressure) in a safe manner.

As a contrast, in our race briefings - they highlight and say 'Slower cars should not come off their racing lines to let a faster car through, the faster car will have to make its way past, whether it's up the inside or around the outside or on the next straight... ' - This works fine, because it's a predictable system... the guy overtaking knows where the slower car is going / will be when he reaches the corner (on the racing line) and hopefully both will be having enough thought / observation to give each other the room required in a safe manner for the overtake.

[Edited on 03-08-2011 by Paul_J]
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there was a lad, lived just up the road from me called Carl Hawkins, he reminds me a bit of this luke, always up to something in cars, or bikes or whatever, doing stupid things, always said he would end up in hospital or worse.

and he did, he tried it once to often overtook something went head on into another car, car burst into flames, he had his GF in there at the time, when the fire brigade got there it was reported they could hear the bodies sizzling as they burnt, both dead, absolute terrible way to go, and to say he had it coming sounds harsh but he did, his GF did not deserve to die through his stupidity.

That doesnt have much to do with the vid or the track incident, more towards his attitude which stinks like lukes.

Iv already said the incident wasnt that bad, its the attitude, thats what people arent grasping, its the attitude that will trip him up.

You wont change anyone though, hence why im not going on and on about telling luke what or what not to do, Ian might aswell give up aswell, you dont change people like that. If they are lucky they will learn the hard way and survive in the process, hopefully not worse

BarnshaW

3rd Aug 11 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve has a quaife sticker in his bedroom, he jacks up his car at home at weekends to change things and goes to the ring once or twice and now he is sabine schmitz
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am dating her
BarnshaW

3rd Aug 11 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

next you will be telling us you can outbreak us in a van
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 11 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the record noone in here is a track master, just a bunch of people that have done a few track days. But know enough to realise why the manouvre could be deemed dangerous. It doesnt take a "track master" to work that out.

Noone is even having a go about what happened in the vid, more the attitude that comes with it afterwards in here

Ojc

3rd Aug 11 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That
mwg

3rd Aug 11 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been on a track day but I guess you get told what areas you can and cant overtake and where he did that overtake wasn't in one of those areas. Doesn't look particularly dangerous but just not within the rules of the track day. Sort of manoeuvre I would do going on to a roundabout
3CorsaMeal

3rd Aug 11 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i shit you not, lastnights dream i had was i was in a car with ojc lapping the ring and i was shitting myself
AK

3rd Aug 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mehehe

I'm an angel on track
Mertin

3rd Aug 11 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely when you posted the video you expected comments and criticism, and when people have pointed out what they thought were wrong or why the marshalls may have thought your manouvere warrants a black flag then you have ignored them and got on your high horse and then claiming the comments are just because it was you that posted
3i_gaz

3rd Aug 11 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
Surely when you posted the video you expected comments and criticism, and when people have pointed out what they thought were wrong or why the marshalls may have thought your manouvere warrants a black flag then you have ignored them and got on your high horse and then claiming the comments are just because it was you that posted

exactly this! you asked for opinions... you got them. You didnt like them, you still think your the man and in the right otherwise.

If you dont want the opinions... to put it blatently fuck off and dont ask!
SportBoy

3rd Aug 11 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pointless thread as he didnt even get blacked flagged. woulda coulda shoulda , attention whore.

[Edited on 03-08-2011 by SportBoy]

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Almost got black flagged at Bedford... Video inside... 22 database queries in 0.0135839 seconds