corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you work?

Poll: Do you work?
Yes I work 153 (91.62%)
No I don't work as I can't get a job 5 (2.99%)
No I don't work as it's not worthwhile with the benefit system 4 (2.4%)
No I don't work because of another bullshit excuse 5 (2.99%)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you work?
Rickavo

User status: Offline
21st Feb 12 at 23:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The name Chloe means nothing to me ??
Dave

22nd Feb 12 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The vast majority of people who post on this board (myself included) will get more out of the system than we pay in. Even if you pay all your taxes and claim no benefits you are still strictly speaking being subsidised by the top earners.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Feb 12 at 00:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never let the facts get in the way of a good bandwagon.
Rickavo

22nd Feb 12 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just infuriates me when I pay £120ish a week tax and see bums everyday talking about the latest trip they have been on payed for by the government
emicen

22nd Feb 12 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
The vast majority of people who post on this board (myself included) will get more out of the system than we pay in. Even if you pay all your taxes and claim no benefits you are still strictly speaking being subsidised by the top earners.

Takes surprisingly little to be one of those top earners.
James

22nd Feb 12 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is the threshold for being a "top earner"?
Dan H

22nd Feb 12 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everyone is having a windge about Chloe being an at home mum and taking care of her child and looking after the house etc, keeping it all in tip top condition, yet there are hundreds if not millions of drug uses who have been on the dole since they have left school and spend all of their money on drugs/alcohol and get everything paid for them inc rehabilitation (sp) services.

what would everyone say if you lost your job and couldnt find another job and the only way of surviving is getting benefits from the goverment so you can keep a roof over yours and your familys heads and keep feeding them and gas and electric etc!
Dave

22nd Feb 12 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with your sentiment, there are massive savings to be made when it comes to state funded welfare and I did hope this new government would be harder than they are. Fact is whatever system you put in place there are going to be people who abuse it and use it to their advantage, it's hardly a new problem.
Dave

22nd Feb 12 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James

In my case I mean the top 10% in the country. Certainly hitting the 40% tax barrier isn't even close.
Dan H

22nd Feb 12 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i agree there are alot of people that abuse the system and they are the ones that need something doing about. my sister is 23 and abuses the system, she hasnt worked a day in her life since leaving school and it really pisses me off, as she has nothing stopping her from getting a job, but most people that are on benefits these days are usually the ones that want to work but cant get into a job or have been laid off from their last job. This country needs a decent goverment and needs to help the people that want to work get into a job rather than wasting time on the drug addicts/alcoholics trying to get them into a job when everybody knows they will never stick to a job.
emicen

22nd Feb 12 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

In my case I mean the top 10% in the country. Certainly hitting the 40% tax barrier isn't even close.

There was an online calculator I found a while back.

As a single person at the lower end of the 40% bracket you are subsidising the system to the tune of circa £7k.
Rickavo

22nd Feb 12 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£135 p/w for what??
Sunz

22nd Feb 12 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rickavo
It just infuriates me when I pay £120ish a week tax and see bums everyday talking about the latest trip they have been on payed for by the government

Maybe you should write to your MP or something, rather then being moody to someone on a forum, that's not going to help with your issue.

Government taxes go to all sorts of things, not just benefit money, bailing out banks, countries, arms but the worst of all of them is people on the dole !
Rickavo

22nd Feb 12 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have said sorry for that and now just having a general rant
baza31

22nd Feb 12 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chloe tell me to mind my own business but is your partner the kids biological father?

You said what if she wants to bring kid up ? What if I want to bring kid up ? Id love to spend all time with my kid but I can't . What if both parents wanted to bring the kid up ? What happens then?

I think too many lasses have kids and try winging it on the "I don't want anyone else looking after my kid" shite. Thinking it's a meal token.

Chloe don't take offence am not aiming directly at you am quizzing as your the only lass that's in the situation
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 06:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by emicen
quote:
quote:

There was an online calculator I found a while back.

As a single person at the lower end of the 40% bracket you are subsidising the system to the tune of circa £7k.

I'd be interested in seeing these statistics and where/ how the tax I pay is spent compared to the parts of the system I actually use
spencer88

22nd Feb 12 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started work when I was about 6/7 as my Dad had an agricultural business, we used to go down on weekends doing things like lettuce planting, plant pulling, cabbage cutting etc. Then went on to daffodils and bulbs until I was 13, where I got a job in a chip shop doing potatoes.

Worked up to supervisor at 17, left for a bit at 18, came back as they offered to pay for me to go to Uni and do surveying.

Now work on their development side doing surveying.
rossnomore

22nd Feb 12 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You work at a chippy, as a surveyor??
Fro

22nd Feb 12 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes full-time, been here for 7 years. (23)

Edit: Also worked part time on the side at Topman for a couple years.

[Edited on 22-02-2012 by Fro]
Fonz
Premium Member

22nd Feb 12 at 09:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been in employment since i was 16, temporary jobs as we all do

at 18 i left for uni, returning every Summer holiday working for the temping agency doing warehouse, driver's mate style work
after one job they offered me a "permanent" summer position in the warehouse for the following year's break.

upon leaving uni i had a job offer waiting for me, and worked constantly for 2 years until being made redundant.

i returned to the company who had me during my uni summer hols but had no need for the staff (seasonal products) so found the temping agency and carried on from there

as my redundancy lead into the Spring i got a call from the summer company asking if i was still free, i was and worked there again in the warehouse applying for jobs suitable for my qualifications

i have never been out of work and refuse to believe the people who say they cannot get a job. i walked into my local temping agency the day after i was made redundant, by the time i walked from the office to the car they found me a job starting that Monday.
the temping agency have always found me work when i want it

with A BEng in Mechanical Engineering no one would expect me to be working in an warehouse, picking and packing orders, but it was all i could find at the time and paid the bills....i'd rather hold my head up high and say i am doing my best than relying on the state to prop me up!
James

22nd Feb 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've worked at least part-time since I was 15.

I've worked full time since I left uni at 22.
John

22nd Feb 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would expect you to be working in a warehouse with BEng, engineering companies will be employing all the MEng people instead.
Tom

22nd Feb 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work, so does my Missus (and she will be going back after we've have kid(s)).
stan_the_man

22nd Feb 12 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worked full-time since I was 16. I'm now coming 25 and have only ever been out of work for two weeks.

Even had two jobs for about 6 months.
spencer88

22nd Feb 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rossnomore
You work at a chippy, as a surveyor??

Clearly not.
The company I work for has several arms to it. One being chip shops/restaurants, another being a property development company.

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you work? 24 database queries in 0.0150340 seconds