corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Martinez To Liverpool

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Martinez To Liverpool
Tom

User status: Offline
30th May 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
after

the point is liverpool fans wanted hodgson out, but wanted to keep dalglish even though hodgson did no worse, and arguable better in some aspects

yet here we have #YNWAtom saying that liverpool fans give anyone a chance regardless who it is

[Edited on 30-05-2012 by Steve]

When did I get a new username? The huge majority will, most I've spoken to are a mixture of excited or cautiously optimistic. I definitely prefer the idea of Rodgers than Martinz after reading up about him! He's not gonna change it in a season though and I hope he's afforded the time to make his mark on the club.
Tom

30th May 12 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes no doubt get some essay from #YNWAtom about league cups which doesnt actually explain why the fans so badly wanted hosgson out and dalglish to stay

Just lol! Roy was backed up until he had us flirting with relegation, he was afforded no sentimentally by our fans as he was clueless. I'll not bother typing the rest as it differs so much from what everyone else thinks that it's a pointless exercise. Just going back to Rodgers for a minute, it'll be the media that hound him out before our fans do, he seems to be likeable enough and has the right philosophy so we'll be right behind him in the main regardless of what some may think
Tommy L

30th May 12 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Rodgers but if Liverpool were serious then they should of been looking for a better, more experienced, top quality manager. Someone who has been at a big club. Cheap option springs to mind.
Ojc

31st May 12 at 05:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scapegoat for owners when it all falls apart again
Tom

31st May 12 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
I like Rodgers but if Liverpool were serious then they should of been looking for a better, more experienced, top quality manager. Someone who has been at a big club. Cheap option springs to mind.

They've wanted a young manager from day one, will be interesting to see the other senior appointments they make now too.
Whittie

31st May 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm happy with the decision, now we can officially look forward to see what players will be brought in.

quote:
yes no doubt get some essay from #YNWAtom about league cups which doesnt actually explain why the fans so badly wanted hosgson out and dalglish to stay

You are clueless.

quote:

We're still having to payoff a £5m bill to Swansea, so not that cheap, manager wise.
mwg

31st May 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How are Liverpool looking in terms of FFP? After spending a load of money last summer will they be able to spend big again or is FFP going to stop them?
Hammer

31st May 12 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean financial fair play mate?

This is Match Day not Geek Day. We don't look clever using acronyms.
mwg

31st May 12 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what
Tom

31st May 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our commercial revenue is absolutely top notch, one thing Ayre has done really well (£45M per season just from SC & Warrior), most of our spending last summer was within our own means as far as I know, plus we've reduced our wage bill quite a bit since they took over. I think we'll have about £35M plus sales, that's not to say we'll spend that as we don't know what the plan is right now. Until we build a new stadium and get back into the CL we're going to continue having to shop in the second tier of players though
Hammer

31st May 12 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
what

wut
Jamie Walby

31st May 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is Warrior the new manufacturer of the kits?
chrisritch

31st May 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Is Warrior the new manufacturer of the kits?

Russ

31st May 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Our commercial revenue is absolutely top notch, one thing Ayre has done really well (£45M per season just from SC & Warrior), most of our spending last summer was within our own means as far as I know, plus we've reduced our wage bill quite a bit since they took over. I think we'll have about £35M plus sales, that's not to say we'll spend that as we don't know what the plan is right now. Until we build a new stadium and get back into the CL we're going to continue having to shop in the second tier of players though
ah kit deals

that is actually a very realsitic point of view from a Liverpool fan. You are a massive club, no doubt, but you arent anywhere near the top 4/5/6 at the moment, but neither were Tottingham a few years ago. City is a different kettle of fish obviously, that wont happen again.
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 12 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are the views of a shared stadium similar to the allianz arena
Whittie

31st May 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What are the views of a shared stadium similar to the allianz arena

Works well at san siro, atmosphere must be crazy on derby day, but dont think it would in the EPL. Plus Everton havn't got the money to go halves, so unlikely to happen. If thats what you were implying.
Steve
Premium Member

31st May 12 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just think its cool how it lights up blue when 1860 play there and red when munich do
Tom

31st May 12 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
ah kit deals

that is actually a very realsitic point of view from a Liverpool fan. You are a massive club, no doubt, but you arent anywhere near the top 4/5/6 at the moment, but neither were Tottingham a few years ago. City is a different kettle of fish obviously, that wont happen again.

Kit deals = prizes (well monies at least).

Most fans I speak to are quite reasoned, but I suppose it's the same as every other big club in that you get the odd few muppets who aren't realistic and generally spout shit, they piss me off more than they probably piss you off. We need to rebuild starting by drawing a line in the sand tomorrow when Rodgers and whoever else are appointed. Once we've got those groundings in place (the right management) coupled with the stability from our owners, hopefully we can make the right progress in the league. I don't expect us to get top 4 next season for the record, I would hope we can be closer next season though.

Oh and I don't think we'll be going for a groundshare any time soon, I honestly think we're trying to work our way through the barriers to redevloping anfield at the moment, but I may be way off the mark.
Robbo

1st Jun 12 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but what top manager would go there? Genuinely. Theyve been sensible in appointing a Rodgers/Martinez ect IMO
Robbo

1st Jun 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Std Chartered and Warrior are mugs Great deals for you guys, esp when you think we got £100m from Emirates for 15 years naming rights
Marc

1st Jun 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Liverpool drifting already on the news of this imminent appointment. Blue Square Bet have them at 40's now!

Liverpool relegated to the BSP
Nath

1st Jun 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rodgers did not comment on reports that an agreement is in place to prevent him from signing players from his former club Swansea for 12 months.

But Swans chairman Huw Jenkins told talkSPORT: "We have got some protection on Brendan coming back for our players in the initial period, which I think is the right thing."

like who FFS?!

The chairman added: "We did speak to a number of people in the last few weeks, but I want to say Brendan was the only person we made an offer to. He was our first choice and the right choice."

Don't buy that either.
Russ

1st Jun 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But Swans chairman Huw Jenkins told talkSPORT: "We have got some protection on Brendan coming back for our players in the initial period, which I think is the right thing."

like who FFS?!

close eyes, pick swansea midfielder. BOOM. hendersons replacement
Nath

1st Jun 12 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:

like who FFS?!

close eyes, pick swansea midfielder. BOOM. hendersons replacement

chrisritch

1st Jun 12 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Rodgers did not comment on reports that an agreement is in place to prevent him from signing players from his former club Swansea for 12 months.

like who FFS?!

The chairman added: "We did speak to a number of people in the last few weeks, but I want to say Brendan was the only person we made an offer to. He was our first choice and the right choice."

Don't buy that either.

Sinclair or Siggurdson?

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Martinez To Liverpool 23 database queries in 0.0182459 seconds