corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cyclists that ride on the road...

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cyclists that ride on the road...
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Nov 12 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just like to add here that my beef are with cyclists that ride in the middle of the road on a single carrageway NSL road next to a cyclepath.
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Just like to add here that my beef are with cyclists that ride in the middle of the road on a single carrageway NSL road next to a cyclepath.

I would hazard a guess that like most cyclepaths, there will be debris which could cause punctures etc
Seany

6th Nov 12 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would hazzard a guess that on most roads there are cyclists who could cause accidents.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:
Originally posted by pow

I would hazard a guess that like most cyclepaths, there will be debris which could cause punctures etc

thats probably the worst excuse ever for not using them.

the reason they arent is purely because they arent big or wide enough for them to float about like they do on the road.
sc0ott

6th Nov 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Learn to pedal wheelie

Reduce your chances of getting a puncture by 50%
chrisritch

6th Nov 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SInkO3jC9fg
Jamie Walby

6th Nov 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
Also horse riders [/stir]

these are the worst. they shout at you telling you to slow down because you're scaring their horse, yet they're the ones on NSL roads

tbf we don't want to ride on roads but to get between fields etc it becomes a necessity, Not everywhere has good bridlepath connections.

Cyclists are just cunts who think they have rights over everyone and just want to tell their fucking vegetable juice drinking friends that they are 'saving the planet' by not driving a car.

I cycle a lot, normally over 100 miles a week, I also drive a Range Rover so your saving the planet line at the end there can suck my dick.
Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
no, but most people I know who cycle often, as a hobby etc wouldn't cycle on the pavement, is that too hard to grasp?

But a cyclist is someone who cycles.

A pedestrian is a pedestrian. You don't get given a fancy name if you walk as a hobby.

Don't be so pedantic, Ben. A normal person who has a bike to get from A-B wouldn't normally ride on the road, how many people on expensive road bikes do you see riding on the pavement? I've never seen one

Also someone who walks for hobby, surely they are hikers?

just the other day i overtook a cyclist and about 500 yards ahead i got stopped at traffic lights.

said cyclist then went onto the pavement to go over a busy junction using the pedestrian crossings.

said cyclist refused to let the car behind me overtake him, and a lorry came along in the opposite direction and couldn't get past so both ended up getting stuck whilst the cunty cyclist carried on, oblivious.
chrisritch

6th Nov 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
quote:
quote:

these are the worst. they shout at you telling you to slow down because you're scaring their horse, yet they're the ones on NSL roads

tbf we don't want to ride on roads but to get between fields etc it becomes a necessity, Not everywhere has good bridlepath connections.

Cyclists are just cunts who think they have rights over everyone and just want to tell their fucking vegetable juice drinking friends that they are 'saving the planet' by not driving a car.

I cycle a lot, normally over 100 miles a week, I also drive a Range Rover so your saving the planet line at the end there can suck my dick.

What the fuck do you want? A badge?
Jamie Walby

6th Nov 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What the fuck do you want? A badge?

I'd like you to realise you are talking a load of tripe as per usual
Liam

6th Nov 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
no, but most people I know who cycle often, as a hobby etc wouldn't cycle on the pavement, is that too hard to grasp?

But a cyclist is someone who cycles.

A pedestrian is a pedestrian. You don't get given a fancy name if you walk as a hobby.

Don't be so pedantic, Ben. A normal person who has a bike to get from A-B wouldn't normally ride on the road, how many people on expensive road bikes do you see riding on the pavement? I've never seen one

Also someone who walks for hobby, surely they are hikers?

just the other day i overtook a cyclist and about 500 yards ahead i got stopped at traffic lights.

said cyclist then went onto the pavement to go over a busy junction using the pedestrian crossings.

said cyclist refused to let the car behind me overtake him, and a lorry came along in the opposite direction and couldn't get past so both ended up getting stuck whilst the cunty cyclist carried on, oblivious.

I'm not saying all cyclists are saints, the total opposite infact, but to say all cyclists are like the ones that have been portrayed in this thread is a little bit wide of the mark..
Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worse than motorbikers imo.
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've come across a cyclist on the road when the pavement was split in two with a painted line to allow for a cycle path. It absolutely makes no sense whatsoever.

As for cycle paths being in poor condition, contact your local council. The roads are also shocking in many places, as has already been mentioned, so why don't the cyclists stick to their poor condition cycle path and the motor vehicles can stick to the poor condition roads?

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
chrisritch

6th Nov 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
I've come across a cyclist on the road when the pavement was split in two with a painted line to allow for a cycle path. It absolutely makes no sense whatsoever.

As for cycle paths being in poor condition, contact your local council. The roads are also shocking in many places, as has already been mentioned, so why don't the cyclists stick to their poor condition cycle path and the motor vehicles can stick to the poor condition roads?

Because cyclists who dont pay anything are more important than tax paying motorists
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf 'road tax' doesn't actually pay for the roads as it's Vehicle Excise Duty - i.e. tax for owning a car. Roads are paid for by council tax, which assuming the cyclist lives in a house, they are paying for.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cyclist boys have gone to their thread in sports day to abuse us
Jamie Walby

6th Nov 12 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Tbf 'road tax' doesn't actually pay for the roads as it's Vehicle Excise Duty - i.e. tax for owning a car. Roads are paid for by council tax, which assuming the cyclist lives in a house, they are paying for.

And even so I'd imagine a large percentage of cyclists own, and pay tax on, cars.
Jamie Walby

6th Nov 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Pipe down Jilbear
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

And even so I'd imagine a large percentage of cyclists own, and pay tax on, cars.
Exactly. You'd have to be pretty hardcore to cycle to work when it's -8C and snowing

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
SetH

7th Nov 12 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I just read one page and didn't understand what the fuck they are talking about apart from someone having boils in his arse crack wtf
jjeurocorsab

7th Nov 12 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read all this I ride an race down hill mountine bikes but recantly I have been to cought because of a so called roadie as we call them accused me of knocking him off his bike. I got 6 points an a £750 quid fine coz the stupid cunt couldn't b arsed going up the curb onto his cycle path so carryed on riding on the road he seen tha another car had flashed to let me go a carryed on riding towards me as I turned right he swerved I looked behind me as I turned into a junctionI seen he was still on his bike but was wabbleing I pulled up where it was safe an as piece of mind coz I also ride bikes I got out an checked the chap was all rite bt he was no where to be seen so went back to me car an carryed on home an bear in mind I had the mrs an babby in the car.
2 weeks later I had a letter for cought he accused me of pulling out in front ov him hitting him full on knocking him fully off his bike then looking at him from behined then wheel spinning off down the road. There where no whitnesses except 1 which I found out after was his cuzan. Thay dun me 4 driving with out due care an attension failure to stop at a scine ov an accident an failure to stop at a scine ov an accident.
I couldn't stop coz it waz in the middle of a main road I didn't report an accident coz when I went to check if the chap was all rite there was no 1 there so I didn't think an incident happend and coz it waz my word a young lad driving a corsa classed as a boy racer's car thay took his side of the story. As the chap walked out ov cought he looked an smiled rubbing his fingurs together as to to (I'm getting money off u)
So my advice is to to run the fukers over so thay don't get back up an can make a claim an that way there will be one less roadie or roadies on the road.
AK

7th Nov 12 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

google translate says 'Say What?'
Jamie Walby

7th Nov 12 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My isn't he a treat
smcGSI16V

7th Nov 12 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reads like an illiterate Ben Geeeeeeeeee. Full anger and not knowing when to shut up.
sc0ott

7th Nov 12 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Longest sentance ever.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cyclists that ride on the road... 23 database queries in 0.0176439 seconds