corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lionel Messi

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lionel Messi
mwg

User status: Offline
11th Dec 12 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Messi is all about dainty little runs that usually result in chipping the keeper or intricate quick one twos round the box to slide the ball home. I know he scores a few longer range goals but you know what I'm saying.

Ronaldo is a beast that can shoot with massive power and score from anywhere. Tears teams apart on the counter attack.

I prefer Ronaldo's style but I respect Messi for the amount of goals he has scored.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least ronaldo has played elsewhere and proved he can do it in teams that arent the best in the world by a long shot
Hammer

11th Dec 12 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shittest argument going.

He broke into the best team in the world as a 17 year old, why would he lower himself to leaving for an inferior team? For money? Because it certainly wouldn't be for personal or team accolades he is at the best possible place for both of them.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here we go, HERE WE GO
mwg

11th Dec 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be careful Steve. You'll get a facepalm response if you carry on
Hammer

11th Dec 12 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

11th Dec 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Shittest argument going.

He broke into the best team in the world as a 17 year old, why would he lower himself to leaving for an inferior team? For money? Because it certainly wouldn't be for personal or team accolades he is at the best possible place for both of them.

Not in the World Club Cup next week though are they m8?
Hammer

11th Dec 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the World Club Cup
Nath

11th Dec 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best teams in the World
Eck
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Messi is all about dainty little runs that usually result in chipping the keeper or intricate quick one twos round the box to slide the ball home. I know he scores a few longer range goals but you know what I'm saying.

Ronaldo is a beast that can shoot with massive power and score from anywhere. Tears teams apart on the counter attack.

I prefer Ronaldo's style but I respect Messi for the amount of goals he has scored.

Ronaldo is class. He's an unbelievable athlete, great in the air and as you said, can hit it from anywhere, and does regularly His attitude stinks though. But I'd be pissed off too beings leagues ahead of everyone on the planet except a midget Italian
mwg

11th Dec 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought Messi was Argentinian tbh
Ben J

11th Dec 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He must be talking about Zola???
Eck
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the fuck did I say Italian? I should go back to bed before nightshift
Jamie Walby

11th Dec 12 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
He must be talking about Zola???

Or Maradona
JonnyJ

11th Dec 12 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ronaldo pisses me off with the "its all about me" attitude he has and that fucking stupid stance and unnecessary heavy breathing he does before he takes a free kick, which he usually then smacks into the wall

Was hilarious to watch him stand there looking like a total twat after deciding he wanted all the glory of Portugal's last pen, only to not even get a chance to take one Silly cunt.
Eck
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 16:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He has a shocking conversion rate of free kicks When they are hit right they are unstoppable but that's rare
Robbo

11th Dec 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he does have to replicate at another club in another league to be truly held in that esteem, IMO

guarantee he wouldnt score half the amount of goals in the prem for a start, not that it makes him any less of the best player int he world, but it is a true fact
JonnyJ

11th Dec 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not to say I'm a massive Messi fan though. Obviously hes pretty fucking good but he's definitely benefitted from being in a team his whole life that couldnt suit him more.

He'll be remembered as the best i imagine, though there will always be arguments about whether he could have done it elsewhere. The counter argument of course is, a lot of the worlds best players have played in La Liga and for Barca and none of them have come close to matching his record so you cant really says its because of the team or league he plays in.

End of the day, theres a reason he ended up at Barca so young and they a big risk on a midget Clearly they spotted something extremely special.
JonnyJ

11th Dec 12 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
he does have to replicate at another club in another league to be truly held in that esteem, IMO

guarantee he wouldnt score half the amount of goals in the prem for a start, not that it makes him any less of the best player int he world, but it is a true fact

How can you say its a true fact with nothing to back it up? You cant just state the word FACT and suddenly its true, nobody knows because it hasnt happened
Hammer

11th Dec 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He won't replicate it at another club because he doesn't have to, why would he? It defies all logic.

What about his 12 goals from 9 games in 2012 for Argentina? Are Xavi and Iniesta playing in Maxi Rodriguez and Fabricio Collocini masks?
JonnyJ

11th Dec 12 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He should give it a go, just for a personal challenge if nothing else. He's probably achieved all he can at Barca, other than just extending his records.

But i also see the arguments against moving and wouldnt blame him at all for staying.
Eck
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact that he owes his success, health and families fortunes to barca means he won't ever leave unless he's forced to. The whole "wouldn't do it elsewhere" argument is a lot of shit. As JJ pointed out, Thierry Henry, Ibra, David Villa are amongst the biggest strikers in decades and they haven't done anywhere near as well as Messi. Not to say they have been shit mind
JonnyJ

11th Dec 12 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's 35 on my FM12 game and still at Barca scoring for fun. Ronaldo is about the same age and transfer listed for £6.5m

Argument ends.
Eck
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FM has spoken.
sc0ott

11th Dec 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do wonder why the big spending clubs havent shown interest in him.

I think his biggest challenge would be the SPL. Teams like aberdeen, hibs etc would play their hearts out trying to stop him. Teams like chelsea and man city would hold back against him.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lionel Messi 23 database queries in 0.0161119 seconds