corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 1 in 4 don't trust Muslims

Poll: 1 in 4 don't trust Muslims
I trust them 18 (18.56%)
I don't trust them 79 (81.44%)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1 in 4 don't trust Muslims
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Sep 13 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it hard not to be bothered by religion but tbf I'll be dead by the time it proper kicks off.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Sep 13 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
you're either being naive or trying to downplay the fact that there's open racism going on on your forum.

quote:
Quote me where I said I had an issue?

Sorry I mistook those compliments as you having an issue, my mistake.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Sep 13 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
even if anyone agreed with me they'd be keeping schtum.

For what reason? If I'm so OK with open racism, I'm not going to mind being argued against.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Sep 13 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
would a Muslim person take offence to any posts in this thread?

Find something which you think they might. If they choose to get offended, that's up to them. If they complain to me I'll have a read. I can see some white leftys having a cry. Perhaps you're right and the Muslims are keeping quiet because its me. Although I doubt it personally. I wouldn't not reply if I was genuinely offended, if its such a big taboo issue that we shouldn't even bring it in to question, I think a genuine Muslim who is genuinely offended would have no problem coming forward.

quote:
You've got people typing Muslims then Pakis in brackets, insinuating they're the same thing.

If they choose to make that association and therefore end up looking stupid, that is up to them. I didn't moderate the last maths thread to correct everyone who got it wrong, and I'm certainly not interested in educating people in order that they no longer look ignorant in public. That's an education issue, not a moderation one. One guy on a Corsa web site isn't going to make inroads in to that any time soon.

quote:
People need to get off their high horse and stop trying to look for a way to justify the prejudices displayed here.

Display it, I'm yet to see any actual material. Few dumb people, but I'm capable of spotting that and not being too closely drawn in. Why must it be the case that the discussion is lead at the level of the most ignorant person in it? The debate was about trusting Muslims. Not whether any individual users - who you're still yet to quote - have some underlying lack of tolerance.

[Edited on 26-09-2013 by Ian]
Nath

26th Sep 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Pomms doesn't have any connotations. It literally doesn't mean anything.
prisoner of mother england i thought? not that its offensive in anyway.

I did too. Urban myth. The translation is lost.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Sep 13 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
But, it is? Same as the aussies calling us pomms is it not?

No because the vast majority of Pomms wouldn't have a cry at such a shit insult.

Plus there's no actual latent prejudice exercised by Aussies against Pomms. Or at least I've never read anything about it.

So there's no hatred (wrong word but you know what I mean) there. So the word Pomm means nothing.

Different thing entirely to calling someone a Paki. That has all sorts of derogatory connotations, that go back years and years, loads of shit you just bring back up when you use it. Same as Nigger although that one is being re-claimed.

Anyone who says those words aren't offensive doesn't have the empathy to see why they might be.

There is literally no parallel for white-British people, you've not undergone years of shit.

Racism is alive and well, and I've witness fucking loads of it, and been disgusted by most of it. But one thing which unites every single racist person and action is that is was done on the sly, without detection or even any indication it was going on. I won't cite specific things as I'm not planning on opening up a world of shit in a job I left but suffice to say a lot of non-white people were not afforded the same opportunities or recognition as whites, and a lot of that came down to the attitudes of the people in authority above them.

Best comment I ever heard about equality training was that all it does is show people what not to say. It doesn't change anyone's opinion, just gives them a better idea of how to mask it in polite company.

You can read what I write on the matter and assume me to be a racist because I don't edit the nasty words. But what you're seeing in this thread is just some ignorance. The real racists don't tell you.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Sep 13 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I'm honest, the sooner the term 'racist' is just banned the better. If someone is nasty to you, does it matter why?
Steve
Premium Member

26th Sep 13 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv said for ages racism is no worse than any other form of verbal abuse or insult, just it happens to be about someones race, so what if theres history, its bad history that didn't directly affect you other than being called a nasty name. I don't agree with it, but then I don't agree with any sort of abuse based on some thing interpersonal, I just don't see why its horrifically worse than something else that isn't about your race such as dodgy facial features or your sexuality

[Edited on 26-09-2013 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Sep 13 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy to use football as an example here, but Wayne Rooney gets called shrek and no one bats and eye lid, people are saying he has the features of an ogre, however if you call balotelli an ape everyone goes ape shit (no pun )
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Sep 13 at 21:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again, Disney characters don't have the same backdrop.

I see your point in respect of double standards though.

For me its more about the fact that the name calling isn't the proper racism, that's so well done the media couldn't even describe it in a newsworthy and snappy way, less so the public comprehend the article.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Sep 13 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Steve is an excellent example.

Technically, the folk who call 'racist' are being he racist ones by thinking bad of the comment
Matt H

26th Sep 13 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CBA to read this but don't most people mistrust things they don't understand? And people don't understand the true way of life of Muslims?

I distrust Jews. Always have
Ste
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 04:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way I see it, this 'survey' is just another media attempt at showing how 'racist' and 'ignorant' white people are.

WTF is the point in asking if we trust muslims. All those who said yes are stupid and naive, I wouldn't trust anyone I don't know personally, muslim, christian or jew. If I was friends with a certain person who is muslim and had a long standing rooted knowledge of them, I would be more than likely to trust them. On the other hand, would you trust this girl?

She is white, british and muslim, she is also a terrorist. An islamic extremist.

I am white, she is white, the same race as me.

What about Richard Dart?

Again, white, English oh and a convicted Islamist terrorist.

Trusting muslims or not in no way what so ever can be deemed as racist or ignorant. They can be and are, the same race as us white people.

Many muslims have an extreme hate for us 'infidels', is that racist, NO, can't be, they're brown, they can't be racist.

I challenge anyone here who thinks otherwise to go to Afghanistan and have a walk around in Kabul city, see how welcoming they are to you, then go round calling them racist and see what happens to you.

Sit down and shut the fuck up please.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Dave

27th Sep 13 at 06:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder what the ratio would be if the survey was reversed?
baza31

27th Sep 13 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Muslims can have the idiots above . One crackhead and a guy with possibly the worst beard I've ever seen.

I saw a white girl last week no older than 7 in a burka (face showing) I kid you not. Bet she was a forced Muslim
3CorsaMeal

27th Sep 13 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made a beard from shredded wheats imo
Ojc

27th Sep 13 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bet he has some nasty skidders
micra_pete
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste

Many muslims have an extreme hate for us 'infidels', is that racist, NO, can't be, they're brown, they can't be racist.

I challenge anyone here who thinks otherwise to go to Afghanistan and have a walk around in Kabul city, see how welcoming they are to you, then go round calling them racist and see what happens to you.

Sit down and shut the fuck up please.

We've killed or caused the death of over 200,000 civilians in THEIR COUNTRY.

Of course they fucking hate us.

[Edited on 27-09-2013 by micra_pete]
Edges 58

27th Sep 13 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dislike anyone who's a prick to me, whatever their religion, beliefs or race. Just happens that most Muslims/Pakistanis/Indians/eastern Europeans I know are pricks an hate white British people. So I think they (generalisation) are wankers.

I also have a MASSIVE hatred for people that come and live in England to claim benefits, not work, not learn the English language and generally fuck me off with how rude they are. Same goes for any white British (any religion/race actually) person that leaves school with zero ambition to get a job and all they want to do is claim doll money and benefits for housing by getting up the duff.

So summary, if you choose to live in a particular country. Learn and live by their culture and language or fuck off home. My girlfriends mum has lived in Turkey for 10 years, she rarely speaks English while over there. I could type for ages on this but I'm tired so can't be arsed
Steve
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete

THEIR COUNTRY.

Go back there then
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I once delivered a vending machine to a Muslim school, that was scary, backpacks everywhere
Steve
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24285885

quote:
I didn't see any white people's accounts closed, only Asians

Maybe that's because it's mainly Asians doing it

What's more likely here, that the banks are thinking, this guy's Asian must be dodgy close his account. Or that actually it's just that most of them doing this happen to be Asian too.

[Edited on 27-09-2013 by Steve]
3CorsaMeal

27th Sep 13 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an account closed by barclays. Am positive I had money in it. But they said I didn't and I couldn't prove it so just hung up and reminisce about it on car forums.
micra_pete
Premium Member

27th Sep 13 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete

THEIR COUNTRY.

Go back there then

I like you Steve106 so I will let that pass.
Neo

28th Sep 13 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't trust...

Grew up near a large muslim area. Brother got attacked for being in their area. Dads car got smashed up because he parked in an area where they parked when going to pray. Friend of mine got stabbed for being disrespectful to them, worked in a grammar school where the majority of kids and teachers were Muslim and got car keyed and had english Christian students coming to me for advice on how to change schools !

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » 1 in 4 don't trust Muslims 25 database queries in 0.0174782 seconds