corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  47    48    49    50    51    52    53  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jul 11 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what do the people playing the alpha version think, bearing in mind that it's far from finished...promising?

I've watched a good few hours worth of videos on YT now and it looks amazing.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=108qJd-TE9A
Nath

31st Jul 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be raging if I got killed like that
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good video of the menus and how everything works, despite being in French I think it looks brilliant, very clean and fresh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFxlrS88B2c
Nath

31st Jul 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get to play with those menu's in the Alpha too. Works well I feel. Got an email yesterday advising everyone to play the Alpha at 8pm tonight to see how the Servers hold up. They want them to be hammered to make sure they cope.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you can see the little Alpha sign in the top right corner of that video. How do you like it on PC Nath, as oposed to FPS on a console?
Nath

31st Jul 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find using a mouse easier to aim quickly, seems to work better with the hand eye co-ordination. Graphics are better too. I just need to get used to it. Too used to a big TV and sitting far back.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is, much smoother controls on a PC, you can spot something over the other side of the map and have the cross hairs bang on it in a split second. Overall gameplay is much smoother on a PC for that reason too. Once you get used to the smaller monitor you'll be fine, get a good set of headphones and you'll not notice that you're playing on a smaller screen.

I used to play on a 23'' widescreen and that was plenty big considering my face was 2 feet away
Nath

31st Jul 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got any recommendations for headphones?
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 14:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how much you want to spend really mate, you could spend £200+ or get some decent ones for £40ish. It's a completely different experience with headphones though, you can hear atleast 50% more.

I have these;

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/13705842/-/Product.html?opFR=true
Nath

31st Jul 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does having a good soundcard make much difference? I assume mine is onboard.
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, it makes a lot of difference, although if yours is custom built there should be a seperate sound card?
Nath

31st Jul 11 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what made me think it was onboard, as I dont recall buying one. My speakers are connected to the jack port on the M'board. Would a seperate one be located in a PCI slot?
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be onboard then if you've not bought one. Yes, PCI-E.

For example

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/creative-x-fi-titanium-fatal1ty-champion-soundcard-pci-e

[Edited on 31-07-2011 by DannyB]
chris_uk
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some of the decent motherboards come with good onboard sound these days. I think my last one had 5.1 surround sound built in and with some 5.1 surround systems it was amazing. I have a seperate one now as it came with my motherboard (asus rampage II extreme)
Nath

31st Jul 11 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll look into it, assuming it'll fit. I've already had to move my LAN card down a slot as the GTX8800 is fucking massive
Ash_EP3

31st Jul 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a couple of games on BF3 yesterday at a friends house.. thought it was pretty good other than it crashing out a few times
DannyB
Premium Member

31st Jul 11 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of glitches and stuff on the Alpha but that's expected, some of them are quite funny
chris_uk
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unfortunatly it feels more like bfbc3 than bf3..

yes i know its alpha and only 1 map but just the feel doesnt feel like bf.. and i hope to god the ranking system is changed to be more like bf2 than how it is now.
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is that a bad thing? BFBC2 was an amazing game, still is, surely improvements on that gamestyle would be good?

I'm not fussed if it plays like BF or BC, it's going to be an amazing game in full.
Nath

1st Aug 11 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Why is that a bad thing? BFBC2 was an amazing game, still is, surely improvements on that gamestyle would be good?

I'm not fussed if it plays like BF or BC, it's going to be an amazing game in full.

Seconded.
mwg

1st Aug 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds good to me. They only needed to tweak BFBC2 a bit which is what they have done by the sound of it. Wouldn't want them coming up with something completely new
DannyB
Premium Member

1st Aug 11 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't even try to compare it or go in to it comparing the full game to previous chapters, as it's completely different. It's a whole new game engine for a start, yes it may looks and play similar but there are so many different elements to BF3. One thing I did notice in the Alpha was the sound, watch some videos if you can't play it and you'll notice a fucking huge difference, it's bang on. One of the best things about BF3 is the sound, it takes the game from 50% to 100%
DannyB
Premium Member

2nd Aug 11 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battlelog looks good

http://www.gamersspot.com/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=91873
mwg

2nd Aug 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've spent more hours watching and reading about BF3 than you did actually playing BC2

<<  47    48    49    50    51    52    53  >>

New Poll