corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  47    48    49    50    51    52    53  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
2nd Oct 13 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read interesting as boring.

Start behind the safety car, all follow eachother around the track, stop again, mark webber will cry that he's wet and that'll be the end.
JonnyJ

2nd Oct 13 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least Seb cant win by half a minute behind the safety car
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Allegations now that Redbull are using an illegal TC system.

Somethings different for them to be able to accelerate 20meters before anyone else, Lewis has commented the last time he was able to do that was in 2007 when TC was legal.

JonnyJ

3rd Oct 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To me, thats a cop out. Red Bull are doing something differently, but its not traction control, why put it on just one car? And where has it been the rest of the season, imagine how well they could treat the tyres with TC, with the softer tyres they'd have walked it.

To me the TC argument is people looking for an easy answer "they are too fast they must be cheating" same way as people centuries ago couldnt describe the universe, so invented gods, its convenient.

Whats more likely is Red Bull are exploiting exhaust gases for aerodynamic benefit far better than anyone else and Seb knows how to get the most out of it, compared to Mark.

Many say that its to do with driving style, that to get the most out of the RB you have to drive counter intuitively, IE when the rear wants to break loose, you floor it, instead of lifting, and the exhaust gases work with the diffuser and nail the rear end, Seb can do it perfectly, Mark cant.

I dont think Red Bull are stupid enough to use TC, its not bending the rules, its out and out cheating, and if found out, it would tarnish their brand hugely. More likely, they have a key aero advantage, that Seb is exploiting to the maximum.

[Edited on 03-10-2013 by JonnyJ]
Scotty_B

3rd Oct 13 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exaclty Johnny, to use TC would ruin them, Newey knows what he's doing and is simply making use of the talent in the seat.

We just have to accept the Seb/RB combo is pretty much unbeatable in the current state.
Cavey

3rd Oct 13 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

METRES
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Oct 13 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The TC rumour first came about in Canada I think. Mark span out during the race and when he booted it from stationary there were staggered '11's going down the track suggesting that the power was getting cut in quick succession as with an electronic TC system.

The latest rumour is KERS based I believe, and has been mentioned before in an attempt to explain Massas' freak spins under braking earlier in the season.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

4th Oct 13 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't want to get top optimistic yet but if practice is anything to go by we might have a race on our hands, a race, in F1, can you believe that?!

Just watching fp2 now and Lewis and Nicos long runs on both tyres look pretty decent. Lewis fastest in both sessions...fuel could be an issue but I imagine they all pretty much stick the same in most practice sessions and this is the closest I've seen them to RB in ages.

Praying this carries on into tomorrow and Sunday.

Saying that, looking at Mark's long run that's pretty decent too...

[Edited on 04-10-2013 by JonnyJ]
JonnyJ

4th Oct 13 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis also saying the mediums are lasting ages on the radio. Can't wait until all my hopes are dashed tomorrow when Vettel gets pole by half a second

[Edited on 04-10-2013 by JonnyJ]
Ben G

4th Oct 13 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've jinxed it now. Vettel will go and stick in a lap half a second quicker as per usual.
JonnyJ

4th Oct 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, he might get pole but i dont think (hope) it will be that much.

Seb set his fastest time later on in the day too, so had a better track for it.

Top four separated by a tenth and a half. Quali will be awesome if its anything like that.

Rosberg is 7/1 to get pole, ridiculous odds, might have a punt on that.
fred7

4th Oct 13 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mclarens problems were highlighted today? Using cable ties to fix his brake lever thingy mo bob.
JonnyJ

4th Oct 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Mclarens problems were highlighted today? Using cable ties to fix his brake lever thingy mo bob.

Classic from the shambles of a team from Surrey. Whole car is probably held together with them.
fred7

4th Oct 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There not pros anymore. Pros would of duck taped it back on not used cable ties!!
JonnyJ

4th Oct 13 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

?
Ben G

5th Oct 13 at 02:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's ducT tape, fred.
Cavey

5th Oct 13 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well...seems the only reason to get up at 6am tomorrow is if there's a typhoon then

[Edited on 05-10-2013 by Cavey]
JonnyJ

5th Oct 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not going to be Singapore, but it will probably be a Vettel win, cant complain really, best car, driver in the zone, 2nd is probably the best anyone can hope for.

Happy with 2nd for Lewis, got all he could out of it so much better than Singapore, starting on pole isnt always a massive advantage here because 2nd actually has the inside line for turns 1&2, whilst it isnt the racing line you can get up the inside, like Seb did to Mark last year.

That said i expect Seb to win if its dry, Merc are racing Ferrari so beating them and in particular, Lewis beating Alonso is what I'll be looking for tomorrow.
JonnyJ

5th Oct 13 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, and im going to be castrated by several on here for saying this but how fucking overrated is Kimi Riakkonnen? Hes lucky we're in an era where tyres are so important and he just happens to have a car that uses its tyres well in the race. Grosjean is destroying him in quali at the moment, he would've been well on the podium in Singapore (and not Kimi) had he not had that air pressure problem. He's probably a decent bet for 2nd, showed good race pace yesterday, in comparison, Kimi in nowhere.
JonnyJ

5th Oct 13 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And Jenson can stop making excuses that he lost "a tenth/tenth and half" behind Kimi in Q2, did he fuck he was miles in front and got right out of the way.

Excuses, excuses, not quick enough. Im sure people will slate Jenson for blaming anything other than himself, like they say Lewis does though.
fred7

5th Oct 13 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was early in the morning. making an excuse like button,
Dave

5th Oct 13 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbf Duck is a brand of gaffa/duct tape.
Ben G

5th Oct 13 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happy with the quali tbh. Rosberg under performing or hamilton over achieving?

Odd to see the red bulls locking up. Must have dumped their t/c gizmo incase scrutineering called them in.

Also, that last couple of corners is simply amazing. Watching the guys hold onto that steering wheel for dear life, whilst going around a corner at full throttle, whilst also changing up is unreal.

[Edited on 05-10-2013 by Ben G]
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Oct 13 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brundle came out with a corker when Vettel locked up, "perhaps ABS only works when they're running TC" or something like that

I think Kimi is a little overhyped, but you can't deny his ability to score points out of nowhere - perhaps equaled only by Alonso there.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

5th Oct 13 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never fails to amaze me how they change direction, ridiculous.

Regards to ROS/HAM, Rosberg didnt get the most out of it today, I'd say what Lewis got was pretty much the max, give or take a few hundredths.

<<  47    48    49    50    51    52    53  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0253701 seconds