corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  48    49    50    51    52    53    54  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Jun 14 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy mother of god

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

8th Jun 14 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me!!! Lucky they're not dead
Marc

8th Jun 14 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Button 4th

Ben G

8th Jun 14 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And people say f1 drivers are pussies

Go tell that to massa and perez.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jun 14 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Before they took each other off, I was about to post that Massa wasted a golden opportunity today.

Best tyres, best engine (on an engine track) and he should have been taking the top step. He never made a proper lunge and never set himself up properly for the pass on the straight. Guy can't race anymore tbh

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
djgritt
Premium Member

8th Jun 14 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a fucking race.

Sat at the edge of my Sofa all the way through.
Aaron

8th Jun 14 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It wasn't Hamilton's weekend i guess. Although there's still many many races to come, i think Hamilton needs to win at least one of the next two races in order to keep his head in the fight.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Jun 14 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought I'd be fearing double points in Abu Dhabi, but I'm beginning to long for them...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

8th Jun 14 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only 22 points behind isn't he? Fuck all tbh.

He's already shown how good he is at bouncing back and getting those 25 points back.

How happy was ricciardo? Made up for the guy. He has so much passion for the sport, unlike certain others.
JonnyJ

8th Jun 14 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking hell. Some race.

Officially hate Sergio Perez now. Take him out the equation and Nico would've dropped behind Vettel and Massa. German luck.

Really need a Nico DNF at some point. Thats 43 points hes gained off the back of Lewis' misfortune now, a hell of a lot of points that. Still dont know how he didnt get penilised for cutting that corner mind. How can you do that and just get a warning? If i was a driver, stuck outside the DRS zone I'd just fly through once to get in it and take the warning. Very odd decision
Ben G

8th Jun 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here johnny. I'm surprised the other teams didn't tell their driver to do just that.

Imagine if other drivers had got proper penalties?
Rob_Quads

9th Jun 14 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still don't understand how Nico got away with cutting the corner, specially with the whole point of having a guy watching to make sure they didn't cut it. I would be amazed to know how he got away with it.

Its these sorts of run-offs that I hate in F1 - if you go off the track it should cost you. It would have been simple to fix it here - just put a chicane in which stops drivers just driving through it. if they have to do it at a crawl so be it.

Nico - have been so lucky in the last two races - Lockup in quali going off the track causing no damage but screwing everyone else and then today.

There are lots of races to go so its far from over.
JonnyJ

9th Jun 14 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The FIA just love shooting themselves in the foot. They have timing sections all over the track these days, they will have known how much Rosberg made by cutting the corner, so why then, cant they tell the team to send a delta to Rosberg to drive to which will offset the gain he made, he must complete it within a lap or two, or end up with a 5 sec stop and go.

It might seem petty now but that call could've made all the difference. Lewis gets passed, runs in cooler air, maybe the brakes dont fail. We'll never know but they bottled that decision big time.

I'd love to know their justification of it. Cheating is cheating, why should you only lose out if you were defending a place? Its all gaining time at the end of the day.
Scotty_B

9th Jun 14 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't cheat, he made a mistake. If it was Hamilton we would all be cheering.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 14 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots of "mistakes" hes getting away with though. Either by luck, or poor judgement by the officials.

The former you can do nothing about except wait for luck to be in Hamiltons favour of course.
JonnyJ

9th Jun 14 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scotty_B
He didn't cheat, he made a mistake. If it was Hamilton we would all be cheering.

You arent allowed to gain an advantage by exceeding track limits. He exceeded them, by accident, then instead of just coasting through he nailed it and set a new fastest lap by some margin. It was a mistake at first but then he took advantage of it. He broke the rules, plain and simple.

Fair play to Rosberg for thinking quick and having the balls to gamble that he wouldnt be punished. Just a shame the FIA dont have the same balls.

[Edited on 09-06-2014 by JonnyJ]
tom130691
Premium Member

9th Jun 14 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they need to make it more like the games, car auto bogs down when you cheat

would require GPS based engine maps, which no doubt would be banned if not already

[Edited on 09-06-2014 by tom130691]
Scotty_B

9th Jun 14 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Scotty_B

You arent allowed to gain an advantage by exceeding track limits. He exceeded them, by accident, then instead of just coasting through he nailed it and set a new fastest lap by some margin. It was a mistake at first but then he took advantage of it. He broke the rules, plain and simple.

Fair play to Rosberg for thinking quick and having the balls to gamble that he wouldnt be punished. Just a shame the FIA dont have the same balls.

[Edited on 09-06-2014 by JonnyJ]

yeah fair play, but that thinking and sailing close to the wind will make him a champion. Others have done similar, Senna, Prost, Schumacher and they are highly regarded as the best.

I do agree the FIA need bigger balls and they did bottle it at the risk of a boring race.
Jambo

9th Jun 14 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corking race.

Would love to have seen the Team meeting at Marussia when the drivers got back Also 10lap safety car

Nice IMO deserved to be punished for running off the track, strange he wasnt?! But then he didnt gain a place, was it not only punishable by gaining a track position?

Im not a Hamilton fan, so without my rose tinted glasses I can see that Nico did a pretty bloody good job to come second with the car he was driving IMHO.

Also can Ferrari just quit now and save up some cash to buy a second hand Merc to reverse engineer for next season to stop the total and complete humiliation of the brand, world champion drivers and the good name of Enzo Ferrari
Scotty_B

9th Jun 14 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferrari really are and disgrace this season, as are McLaren. Nice to see Force India and Williams making a claim for 2nd in constructors.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Jun 14 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

Nice IMO deserved to be punished for running off the track, strange he wasnt?! But then he didnt gain a place, was it not only punishable by gaining a track position?

They re-worded it (this year I think... maybe last) so it's now "you can't gain an advantage" rather than just "gain a place".

The issue is the tiering of the punishment, a 5sec stop at his next pit stop was probably too harsh for a "mistake" and a stop/go or drive through even harsher still. They could have added 0.6 sec to his total race time, but it wasn't JUST 0.6 seconds that he gained. He broke DRS after Lewis had been leaning on his tyres in order to get the 0.3/0.4 gap he had at the time of the "off" so the chance was effectively done.

If somebody gains a place by going off track, it's much easier to "punish". Charlie just tells the team to concede the place on track within a couple of laps - but this issue was much more difficult to deal with.

Either way, Nico is just tainting his season IMO. Intentional or not, he's cheesing his way to a fair few points and that will wind people up.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rob_Quads

9th Jun 14 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Also can Ferrari just quit now and save up some cash to buy a second hand Merc to reverse engineer for next season to stop the total and complete humiliation of the brand, world champion drivers and the good name of Enzo Ferrari

that wouldn't help much to be honest. A number of the reasons that the Merc engine is better than all the rest is know but the problem is no-one can do anything about it due to the lockdown on engine changes.

I bet if teams were allowed to change thier engines/packaging it would be closer now and that other cars would be running similar systems with split turbos etc.

The problem is Merc have been working on the design for years now so even if someone did switch they are still playing a major game of catchup on them.
Rick Draper

9th Jun 14 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be interesting to see what Honda produce for next year.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Jun 14 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

An Engine apparently

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Rick Draper

9th Jun 14 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

An Engine apparently

No shit

<<  48    49    50    51    52    53    54  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0247049 seconds