corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  51    52    53    54    55    56    57  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Aug 11 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wont happen often though will it, 9 times out of ten they get destroyed by a tank or heli. And they wont take many hits from a jet.
Adam_B

16th Aug 11 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So excited about this game I might pre order it again.
DannyB
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to finish building my PC
Eck
Premium Member

16th Aug 11 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Wont happen often though will it, 9 times out of ten they get destroyed by a tank or heli. And they wont take many hits from a jet.

But that's what the engineer is for
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 06:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they have made the engineer a bit useless now.
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you still have the engineer class to do the job quicker probably, the vehicle health rejuvination wont be quick. And like I said, how many times out of ten does a vehicle get blown up or fixed straight away, there will never be enough time to let the vehicle get the health back. It will probably be to counter act them self destructing like they used to if they get abandoned.
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they self desfructed so one team couldnt hoard them thus having a huge advantage. with vehicle rejuv vehicles will be really overpowered unless they have less starting health than they currently do.

engineers already do a good job of keeping tanks alive, there is just no need to add to that. on the alpha there was no way the defenders would win unless they stole the tank or the attackers didnt use it.
DannyB
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will take a while to get back to 100% health otherwise any weapon used against them would be useless, and so would engineers. There will be a logical reason behind it.
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i played the alpha mate, they come in shoot some ammo till they get a rocket a them retreat and hide, get fixed and do the same again. if you have a gunner on the top who happens to be an engineer... game over they win.
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Aug 11 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just to add to that they might of changed it from the alpha, they might not have the vehicles rejuving quite as fast maybe.. i think for now as it was in the alpha was crap. but at the end of the day vehicle rejuv is such a fucking stupid idea and just should not be in the game.
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news for you console players, you have a server browser. No more match making. Now you can pick which server/gametype/map

mwg

18th Aug 11 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What does that mean exactly compared to the way it works now?
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

match making is where you just click it and it picks a server for you and sticks you all in a lobby, server browser is a list of all the servers so you can pick what you want to play. You can filter it so you can play certain maps or gametypes or game modes etc
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basically you are shown a list of servers.. it will tell you how many people are playing, the game type, map, ping and you join the one best suited to you.

if you found a server you liked then you just get your friends to join that server (or you) and away you go.

i think majority of pc players have 1/2 dozen or so servers which are the regular ones and you dont move from them.

best thing i liked doing on cod was joining a clan server with clan members on it and kicking their asses to the point i was either a cheat or just get kicked off, danny will know what i mean. lol
mwg

18th Aug 11 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can do that to an extent at the moment. You choose if you want to play Rush, Conquest, Squad Rush etc. and you can pick your first map to play on - but only your first map. After that its random.

It'd be good to be able to just play the maps you want. I know Jonny would love it if he could not play on Nelson Bay ever So this does sound better.

Would it mean people could get kicked on Conquest mode if they sit camping outside the enemies base as seems to happen quite a lot on certain maps of BC2! Ruins the game when that happens.

[Edited on 18-08-2011 by mwg]
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah chris, I used to have about 5 favourite sevrs on CoD that I never used to move off, same on BC2 as I liked them the most. They were always full, Hc, no TK's etc. It's far better having a server browser
MoesTavern

18th Aug 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fantastic news tbh. A server browser is just so much better than matchmaking.
Now if only MW3 would have the same thing

DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
scoring changed to be more team focused
little robot can plant explosives and repair and it takes one rocket to kill it
kill cam exists
hardcore and infantry only mode
clan support in battlelog
LAN mode might come in a later patch
ceiling for air vehicles "really, really high"
aircraft carrier on wake island not controllable
helicopter handling more BF2 than BFBC2 style
they want for planes to have a higher learning curve
battle recorder "not confirmed" but if you read between the lines then it will be in there
VoIP trough battlelog
mwg

18th Aug 11 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was the helicopter handling easier or harder in BF2 than BC2?

[Edited on 18-08-2011 by mwg]
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

harder on BF2
DannyB
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
First, the 4 on 4 TDM setup is for Gamescom's lounge specifically. The full game will support 24 players in TDM by Design. In theory we could go bigger on PC of course, but we wanted to focus on a tight infantry TDM game. There are no vehicles in TDM.

Second, on Motion Sensors. First, you cannot throw them like the motion balls in BC2. You deploy them, they are larger (and easier to see) than BC2, they can be destroyed, they beep when they detect movement. A recon soldier can only have 1 deployed at a time. You can crouch or prone and move past a motion sensor without setting it off. Motion sensors will only show you briefly on the minimap (approximately 0.5sec).

You can, therefor, easily walk into range of a sensor, get detected, crouch, sneak away and either destroy the beacon or move and ambush anyone nearby who goes to investigate your position.
mwg

19th Aug 11 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
harder on BF2

ah bugger I can fly the heli's reasonably well on BC2 but nothing like to the level some people can. They seem to be able to fling them round all over the place. I'll have no chance at flying them on BF3
chris_uk
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the pc you can use the joystick when flying which means you have so much more control. but yea, i know what you mean.
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9 mintues of cam gameplay from gamescom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNBxiAXXMZg
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Aug 11 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics from Gamescom

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150264869442672.331226.308775617671&type=1

<<  51    52    53    54    55    56    57  >>

New Poll