corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  53    54    55    56    57    58    59  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Aug 11 at 17:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Overall gameplay it looks immense, probably the best alpha video I've watched.
JonnyJ

21st Aug 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just love it when an rpg flies down that underground. The noise and the lighting is incredible
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
PC games come with graphics settings, to help you adjust your gaming experience based off your system's power. Battlefield 3 will have the standard low, medium, and high settings, plus one more. Ultra. This very-high setting is for those PC players who want to run Battlefield 3 at it's maximum potential. This is good news for those gamers who already have powerful PC's and is further proof that BF3's PC version is not a console extension. We do not know if EA's screenshots and videos of Battlefield 3 were recorded with the "Ultra" setting. The ultra setting may make it into the Battlefield 3 beta which is due out next month.

With maximum graphics, you can expect to see graphics similar to the below screenshots of Battlefield 3. These are the latest official BF3 screenshots from EA!

quote:
Most people know by now that Battlefield 3's player count will be different for PC's and consoles, but there has been some confusion surrounding game-modes. Battlefield 3 is shipping with four modes: Co-op, TDM, Rush, and Conquest modes. Most of these have different player counts. Co-op and TDM are standard for all three platforms, with 2 players for co-op and 24 players for TDM. Rush and conquest modes are different, PC players will have the benefit of up to 32 players in rush or 64 players in conquest for Battlefield 3.

chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 16:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had better be able to adjust more setting in an advanced section like AA, Blur, HDR etc otherwise i will be seriously fucked off and it will just mean that it is indeed a port.

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by chris_uk]
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will be able to, and there's not a hop in hells chance it's going to be a port
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Same of Duty looks brilliant

http://youtu.be/BxDQ2Ow-VfI

attack dogs carrying explosives

[Edited on 22-08-2011 by DannyB]
Sunz

22nd Aug 11 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Conquest 64 players !

32 vs 32 on pc

If the maps are the same size on the console version then 12 vs 12 sounds pretty uneventful in comparassion.

Wouldn't even like to guess what kind of system you would need to run it maxed out on ultra, cpu still does most of the work in terms of gaming so i7 anyone ?
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The huge maps are being scaled down for consoles to suit the lower player count.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Do you get people on your own team killing you if you jump in to a helicopter before them? twats

i did that to you
chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the alpha you only had 3 options, low, medium and high.. nothing else.

i realise its just the alpha but its not exactly what i would expect even in an alpha, ive tested enough alphas over the years to know what the norm is etc.
DannyB
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alpha was to test the game for bugs, not to mess around with settings for your PC. Considering the full game will be far bigger etc, a lot could change between the alpha and the final game. Probably didn't want people messing with settings.
chris_uk
Premium Member

22nd Aug 11 at 23:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all im saying is that i better get options other than low medium and high.. oh and ultra.
MoesTavern

23rd Aug 11 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wait and see if the title screen on the PC version says 'press start to begin'
chris_uk
Premium Member

23rd Aug 11 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
Just wait and see if the title screen on the PC version says 'press start to begin'

exactly.. although crysis 2 does and that doesnt feel like a port and there are a million options to change.
mwg

23rd Aug 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB

How shit are the graphics on that same old shite. The sounds are crap too.
Sunz

24th Aug 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Thing is tons of people will buy it, say it's the best game ever, then they will make DLC for it and make more money and then MW4 is paid for.
JonnyJ

24th Aug 11 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will still sell plenty but i bet they see a significant chunk taken out of their market by BF3.

Whether it will be enough to make them radically change the next game or not is another question though.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS3 vs PC comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElPP5BFi9Wc
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

51 minutes of alpha gameplay

http://youtu.be/fKgXC3QMoAI
Eck
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:

Thing is tons of people will buy it, say it's the best game ever, then they will make DLC for it and make more money and then MW4 is paid for.

I'll still be buying it for the single player alone. That is where it dicks over Battlefield, but everything else it is second best.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BF3 single player is going to be amazing as well.
Eck
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 16:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't possibly say that without playing it? I know the graphics are epic, but that doesn't always make it great. Online is full of campers and it's a run and gun mish mash but the single player on MW/MW2 is fucking awesome.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Aug 11 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can, according to what's been said. i really like BC2 single player though and many people didn't. My opinion could well change when I play it, but for now I have high hopes.
wwwNOOBcom

24th Aug 11 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im using a xim3 with my xbox, gonna by a flight stick to use with those jets
mwg

24th Aug 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

COD single player is shite. BF single player is shite. Single players are generally shite

<<  53    54    55    56    57    58    59  >>

New Poll