corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  54    55    56    57    58    59    60  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
24th Aug 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mwg likes to play with other men
mwg

24th Aug 11 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Men of men
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gamerspawn Caspian Border analysis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLsdcKCsZhg
3CorsaMeal

25th Aug 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like Judith kepples tits
Sunz

25th Aug 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't like them analysis, is just over the top geekyness to me.

Frame by frame telling you what you can see !
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 19:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shows you stuff you may have missed, quite a few things I didn't know.
DannyB
Premium Member

25th Aug 11 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
We broke the news in June that each weapon in Battlefield 3 will have three slots for customization and today EA has revealed more information. The slots can hold scopes, silencers, and even foregrip, but there's a lot more than just "customization" at play with Battlefield 3. Each unlock is weapon specific, so you don't just unlock add-ons, but add-ons that benefit the gun and your role as a soldier. Each weapon in BF3 can be customized to fit a variety of situations.

The carbine below has been modified to be effective in medium to long range fights. It has a heavy barrel, bi-pod (for stability and suppression), and is topped up with a 4X scope so you can see your distant targets.

To prove the point, the same carbine from above was modified for another style of Battlefield 3 firefights, close quarters. It was given a suppressor to keep you quiet while moving through alley ways and tunnels, a foregrip for better accuracy, and a holographic scope to quickly target close by enemies. It's the perfect set-up for the tunnels of Operation Metro or other tight maps.

The customization doesn't stop there, weapons in Battlefield 3 can be customized with a library of other attachments: optics, suppressors, bi-pods, barrels, underslung grenade launchers, ungerslung shotguns, foregrips, flashlights, lasersights, and more!

XSIHardy

26th Aug 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok so just read up on the. Beta for battlefield 3 on xbox

And I need moh for the beta code, I have rented it though
So will I still get the code?

Or shall I buy it ?

Also will every one who has a copy get the code ?

Sorry if there silly questions, but still questions I need answers

Now in the correct thread
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's an open BETA, you don't need any code now
XSIHardy

26th Aug 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aah ok I take it, there will be a download option
On the home screen?

Cheers for the reply
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found this for you, it explains it better than I can

quote:
FAQ on the Open Beta
How early is early access?
Early access to the Open Beta is 48 hours before the public is allowed to enter.

How will my early access to the Open Beta be delivered if I am eligible?
This will be communicated later. Stay tuned.

Who can participate in the Open Beta?
The Battlefield 3 Open Beta will be available to all, on all platforms, in September.

Can I get early access to the Open Beta by pre-ordering Battlefield 3 on Origin?
Yes, if you pre-order the digital download PC version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin. This will also entitle you to the pre-order items Physical Warfare Pack plus the Shotgun and Beret for Battlefield Play4Free -- see above.

I bought Medal of Honor Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition and was promised entry to the Battlefield 3 Beta -- is that a different Beta than the Open Beta just announced?
No, it is the same Open Beta, but as a first-hand buyer of Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will have 48 hours early access.

What if I bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition as a digital download -- do I still get early access to the Open Beta?
Yes.

What are the exact dates for the Open Beta?
The exact dates for the Open Beta will be announced later.

What if I pre-ordered the digital download version of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition on Origin before they announced the early access to the Open Beta -- do I still get this early access?
Yes.
XSIHardy

26th Aug 11 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Danny
mwg

26th Aug 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need the Beta now!
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Battlefield 3 has made some changes to the way spawning works, for instance instead of being able to spawn off any member of the squad you can now only spawn on the squad leader.

Dice mentioned that they would be developing a new addition to the spawning system to help players who couldn’t get into a squad or if the squad leader wasn’t on the Battlefield, however they never mentioned what this addition would be.

Dice’s Gameplay Designer, Gustav Halling may have revealed this new addition via twitter;

“…play as recon and put out a radio beacon to spawn on…..Free choice for everyone!”

It appears that this radio beacon will act as a portable spawn point that can be put down by the Recon class and will allow the whole squad to spawn on it as opposed to going all the way back to base.
JonnyJ

26th Aug 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See, that could be a nightmare if they dont sort out the base raping thing. Get one recon member to wang one of them in the opposing base and just keep spawing on it.

That would infuriate me hugely. Its the one part of the game i hope they address because it totally ruins games when it happens. Its not even fun if your on the side doing the raping, just boring
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The radio beacon will be reset when the squad leader dies, it will just be an option to spawn there as long as it's live.
JonnyJ

26th Aug 11 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
The radio beacon will be reset when the squad leader dies, it will just be an option to spawn there as long as it's live.

I can still see people letting one guy go in, place that, then go into hiding (wont be difficult on the big maps) and let the rest of the team spawn like crazy on the base.

Hopefully you can destroy this beacon thing but still its so annoying when you spawn back in the base, run forward a bit and half their team is stood behind you getting an easy kill. I cba spawing in then doing a search of my own base before i can even advance.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you probably will be able to, like on CoD they had a similar thing didn't they?

DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some PC players may get an invite from me of some sort, I want those dog tags

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ea.com%2Fuk%2Fnews%2Frecruit-your-squad-in-battlefield-3-basecamp&h=-AQBksRM-AQD1dehMblmfvMO3bORdus0bkLx5_XV47JCTZg
mwg

26th Aug 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely its not beyond them to be able to make the oppositions base out of bounds for the spawn beacons?
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something like that will be in place, something as minor as that wont be over looked. One of the big things that came up when DICE questioned gamers for their input was spawn raping/spawn points.
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 17:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BF3 is at Pax 11 this weekend, we may see more videos and pics of gameplay.

http://battlefieldo.com/pax-11-battlefield-3-booth-pictures/
mwg

26th Aug 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
Something like that will be in place, something as minor as that wont be over looked. One of the big things that came up when DICE questioned gamers for their input was spawn raping/spawn points.

Good. It is about the only thing that pee's me off at the moment. I'm not even sure why people bother doing it, like Jonny said, its bloody boring even if you are the attackers doing it!
Adam_B

26th Aug 11 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I read something the other day saying the beta will be sometime in sept, so the longest we have to wait will be a month
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah September, you lucky bastards doubt my PC will be built in time, depends how much money I make in the next month.

<<  54    55    56    57    58    59    60  >>

New Poll