corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » January transfer window 2011 thread

New Poll
  <<  54    55    56    57    58    59    60  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author January transfer window 2011 thread
mikenoncorsa

User status: Offline
31st Jan 11 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Finally got Ireland

said he failed his medical on talksport, have they just decided to sign him anyway?
Failed originally, but passed second time

Is that loan or permanent? Should be a good signing for newcastle, when given free reign previously at City he was a great player!
JonnyJ

31st Jan 11 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mikenoncorsa
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Maybe i've missed it but how would Andy Carroll pass a fitness test? Is he not injured or has this been played on as they knew all along he'd be sold? Also, 35m is alot? Just reeks of desperation, he's hardly set the league on fire, 3/4 of his goals have been tap ins FFS.

Not sure why how they went in matters? Do they have to be 30yard screamers to count nowadays?

More luck i'd say tho rather than a prolific/proven striker. People beat on that he's scored 11 goals already in his first season, i'm just making the point, that 3/4 have been lucky tap ins. Take them off, then its 7/8 goals, hardly amazing is it??

That doesnt matter, he was in the position to tap them in, thats what good strikers do.
mikenoncorsa

31st Jan 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Maybe i've missed it but how would Andy Carroll pass a fitness test? Is he not injured or has this been played on as they knew all along he'd be sold? Also, 35m is alot? Just reeks of desperation, he's hardly set the league on fire, 3/4 of his goals have been tap ins FFS.

Not sure why how they went in matters? Do they have to be 30yard screamers to count nowadays?

More luck i'd say tho rather than a prolific/proven striker. People beat on that he's scored 11 goals already in his first season, i'm just making the point, that 3/4 have been lucky tap ins. Take them off, then its 7/8 goals, hardly amazing is it??

That doesnt matter, he was in the position to tap them in, thats what good strikers do.

Yeah, but they aren't born good strikers. They get there over time. Its a big gamble for someone with only half a season in the prem.
mikenoncorsa

31st Jan 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a side note, poor Steven Gerrard. Used to play with Alonso & Torres, could well be playing with Adam(?) and Carroll!
Tommy L

31st Jan 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Finally got Ireland

said he failed his medical on talksport, have they just decided to sign him anyway?
Failed originally, but passed second time

Is that loan or permanent? Should be a good signing for newcastle, when given free reign previously at City he was a great player!
Loan deal.
mwg

31st Jan 11 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One more thing. If Roy Hodgson was still there and exactly the same deals were happening now the Liverpool fans would be going ape shit about it. But because its Kenny it's fine.

What a bunch of twats they are.
John G

31st Jan 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
One more thing. If Roy Hodgson was still there and exactly the same deals were happening now the Liverpool fans would be going ape shit about it. But because its Kenny it's fine.

What a bunch of twats they are.

Thats just your opinion tbh
chrisritch

31st Jan 11 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

better than 250k a week rooney.
torres goals have mostly been tap ins apart from 4 maybe so he has scored more than torres according to your system
mwg

31st Jan 11 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would you not of called for Roy to be sacked if this had happened? Because I think you would!
Tommy L

31st Jan 11 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with mwg
John G

31st Jan 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Would you not of called for Roy to be sacked if this had happened? Because I think you would!

exactly "think"
Marc

31st Jan 11 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I agree with mwg
mwg

31st Jan 11 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And your not saying because you know I'm right
chrisritch

31st Jan 11 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it matter? Woy isnt there Kenny is
John G

31st Jan 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

tell that to Ian Rush
John G

31st Jan 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
And your not saying because you know I'm right

not at all but for me to sit here and say i would means jack diddly squat as you wouldnt believe me so no point really
mikenoncorsa

31st Jan 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
quote:
quote:

better than 250k a week rooney.
torres goals have mostly been tap ins apart from 4 maybe so he has scored more than torres according to your system

Look who's woken up Look at Torres' record, it speaks for itself. You & I, and everybody else posting in this thread knows that Torres is 10 times a better striker than Carroll. Torres is a good striker, he's scored goals & goals for years, Carroll has 1/2 season in the prem, socres 11 - 3/4 of which are tap ins and suddenly he's a good striker?? Ok then.
mikenoncorsa

31st Jan 11 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
quote:

tell that to Ian Rush

I never said Ian Rush was no good. When Carroll scores 20 or close to, season after season I will retract my words, until then, he's an average striker currently who has got 'lucky' this season with a 1/4 of his goals
John G

31st Jan 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what im stating as Jonny also has doesnt matter if you score from 30 yards or 3, in off your left/right foot, or in off your arse, a goal is a goal
John G

31st Jan 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given to Cardiff :-/
mikenoncorsa

Diouf possible off to Rangers. Good riddance, bloke is scum! And i'm a rovers fan!
Tommy L

I'd love to see Carroll's goals this season as i don't think 1/4 of them were tap ins. But hey, by the sounds of it you need to score screamers Damn strikers scoring tap ins.

John G

31st Jan 11 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd love to see Carroll's goals this season as i don't think 1/4 of them were tap ins. But hey, by the sounds of it you need to score screamers Damn strikers scoring tap ins.

John G

31st Jan 11 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Diouf possible off to Rangers. Good riddance, bloke is scum! And i'm a rovers fan!

not your fault someones got to do it
mikenoncorsa

31st Jan 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
what im stating as Jonny also has doesnt matter if you score from 30 yards or 3, in off your left/right foot, or in off your arse, a goal is a goal

iI agree, I haven't said otherwise. I'm saying, out of his 11 goals, 1/4 of them have been tap ins. Possibly because he's a good striker, possibly luck. Only time will tell.

<<  54    55    56    57    58    59    60  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » January transfer window 2011 thread 23 database queries in 0.0296881 seconds