corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra

New Poll
  <<  56    57    58    59    60    61    62  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ep3 turbo and mk4 astra
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
28th Jun 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

things i know.

oil pump gears inside must be broken. cleaned oil pressure release valve out as it was scored and had grit in. so that now works ok. still no oil pressure. so stone or grit has got into gears in the pump and possibly caused them to break or crack?

filter obviously had bits of grit and stones in it. i say stones, its like gravel.

chances are the filter has stopped it getting any further. id hope. can whack another oil pump on it, should have oil pressure again then just keep changing the oil ever few days or say like every 50 miles or so for a month or something until i feel happy that there isnt anything left.

get them lockable aerocatches. fit them to the bonnet.

dont take my car to work, dont take my car to the shops. dont take my car anywhere that i think is a bit dodgy etc.

i dont know. i really dont.
SportBoy

28th Jun 09 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a plan aslong as it hasnt got past the filter it should be ok with anyluck.
Olsrey

28th Jun 09 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking gutted Nic. Hope you catch them!
Nic Barnes

28th Jun 09 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i aint going to catch them. i dont know any reason why this has happened. unless whoever did it blabs about it, i will never know. i think it happened at my work, but im not 100% sure.
sand-eel

28th Jun 09 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck sake.

[Edited on 28-06-2009 by sand-eel]
Chris x

28th Jun 09 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic, dont no if you saw my post in the GC section about your insurance. Would they cover it?
SteveoBC
Premium Member

28th Jun 09 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is gay news of the highest order!

sorry to hear this nic, what a massive kick in the balls, some prick chav scum out ther
andyc1234

28th Jun 09 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats a right bitch that. if you ever find out who did it be sure to fuck them right over not a kicking or anything like that something much more fucked up. i would be top of the list to give you a hand.
Adam-D

28th Jun 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking dickheads
Nic Barnes

28th Jun 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just dont knwo what to think anymore. i normally think people just dont do this kinda thing. i could understand it more if someone had a grudge against me. but for no reason other than being scum that they are, it just baffles me.

i really do wonder what benefit this has to the person thats done it. if its becuase i have something they dont, they still dont have it now so they have achieved nothing for themselves.
vcorsasport1.6

28th Jun 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what dickheads! i had something (not as bad) happen to my old corsa...it was parked up in a (secure) car park, i got back and it was covered in eggs and cola and spit, really pi$$ed me off so i dont know how you must be feeling...really does my heading, im 20 years old and know that through my teens (or now!) i would never do anything like that, its just low,
i hope you get it all fixed tho mate, dont give them the satisfaction of 'throwing in the towel' so to speak,
brad
fillmecca

28th Jun 09 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i aint going to catch them. i dont know any reason why this has happened. unless whoever did it blabs about it, i will never know. i think it happened at my work, but im not 100% sure.

wtf fucking dickheads eh, do you not have CCTV at work? your find out sooner or l8a who has done it mate
sand-eel

28th Jun 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there any TOTB competitors around your area? I'm wondering if its sabotage, since you said you were going to do it, did you tell anyone? I'm probably taking things to extreme here, its prob just some fuckers that saw the bonnet pins and thought easy prey.
Nic Barnes

28th Jun 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
Is there any TOTB competitors around your area? I'm wondering if its sabotage, since you said you were going to do it, did you tell anyone? I'm probably taking things to extreme here, its prob just some fuckers that saw the bonnet pins and thought easy prey.

there isnt really anyone from here that runs in it. not in the class i was going to apply for anyway.

its someone who has just thought they know about the car so will wreck it for me. its got to be as simple as that. or someone who ive had a bit play against on some road and have destroyed and it annoyed them or something.

its pathetic is what it is. why not smash my face in instead? then atleast i stand a chance of doing something.

im very gutted about this, devastated and still dont believe people can actually do this to someone without any reason, or the person knowing the reasons. hopefully i will find out more about it. surely if theyve done it, they will want to know they have succeeded in their destruction? just wait till someone asks me about it and find out how they knew as nobody local knows, unless they have read this.
sand-eel

28th Jun 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When do you think you will have a chance to work on it? Don't know if its worth the risk letting it run and changing the oil frequently as it might circulate the dirt more clogging/ wearing stuff up, prob an engine out job to strip and clean it all.

[Edited on 28-06-2009 by sand-eel]
Nic Barnes

28th Jun 09 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know what to do yet. im going to have a bit think and discussion on it.

either way im not filling in an entry form for totb now. that will be cash down the drain. im more gutted i cant run in that than whats happened actually.
3i_gaz

28th Jun 09 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

such scum bag bastards. if you lived closer i would lend a hand getting everything sorted with you for TOTB as i think the car would destroy most.

its jsut out of jealousy i think!! obviously someone with half a clue about cars as the average chav scum would jsut slash tyres and vandalise the car.

as said, lockable aerotechs, i would start doble checking wheel nuts and stuff like that for tightness mate, if they will go to the extent of trying to ruin the LET then it takes nothing ti undo a few nuts, get some CCTV where the cars kept and put some faces to it.

gosd speed ken
Steve X16XE

29th Jun 09 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its pathetic is what it is. why not smash my face in instead? then atleast i stand a chance of doing something.

and that is why they have done it to your car. If your a big guy or a small guy they don't know and are too scared to find out. Cowards doesn't even begin to describe them.

What's your plan then? Full strip down and acid dip everything?
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 00:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i need to send the letter off on wed this week. i wont be able to order the parts till tuesday. so chances are i either send it off and apply to run and hope fot the best and probably lose 100 quid doing so. or get lucky and 20 oil changes later nothing bad has happened. then get it rebuilt over winter.

me and my mate slick that build the car were both stunned that this can happen. both of us sat in my vectra in silence on way back from mates unit. weve put so much time and effort into that car to have it possibly wasted due to some chav scum.

2am changing a clutch. 3am making a downpipe. loads of late nights, loads of long saturdays testing and adjusting stuff. all for what? some cock end to put some gravel in it, taking them all of 20 seconds to do.

cheers for the offer though gaz. im just going to have to admit defeat by gravel and maybe concentrate on something else. might rebuild the engine then sell it.
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
quote:

and that is why they have done it to your car. If your a big guy or a small guy they don't know and are too scared to find out. Cowards doesn't even begin to describe them.

What's your plan then? Full strip down and acid dip everything?

im not the smallest of people, and im not exactly scared of anyone or anything really.

plan is chance it. if its dead, its dead anyway. might just get lucky. might not. only one way to find out.
Steve X16XE

29th Jun 09 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well good luck and keep us updated. Fingers crossed you'll find out who did it and deal with it your own way.

[thinking out loud] How much gravel can one person eat??? [/thinking out loud]
3i_gaz

29th Jun 09 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it pisses me right off, after meeting you and knowing you are an actual DECENT, GENUINE! lad, not many people like that left.

stuff like that makes people with mega cars like yourself throw in the towel and break cars or sell them and never get the love back.

i hope this dosent happen with you mate, really dont, get it all rebuilt for TOTB and go set down some good times man. its more than well deserved.
JonnyJ

29th Jun 09 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You really don't have much luck, if it isn't sand its gravel!

Hope you get it sorted Nic, dont let whoever did this win by giving up, although i can see why you would think like this.

Good luck getting it all fixed
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say this isnt anything to do with being unlucky. only thing unlucky is i never caught them in the act.

that engine has been built since 2007. its actually nice to know that its someone on a bit of sabotage mission thats cuased its end, and not the way i built it.

they already have won though. they did what they wanted to do. i should have been at crail today (yesterday i guess as its now monday) kicking the crap out of it. yet instead had to get hands dirty again.
3i_gaz

29th Jun 09 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they've won once lad but dosent mean its going to happen againi if you can build an engine mint once you can do it again if needs be, just a mega fucking wounder that some absolute jeb end has done what they have.

cant be that ,any people about where you live? in the sticks isnt it? word will travel round in time man.

<<  56    57    58    59    60    61    62  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra 23 database queries in 0.0282989 seconds