corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread

New Poll
  <<  56    57    58    59    60    61    62  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread
Dom

User status: Offline
13th Nov 13 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Next year will be Buttons last in F1....

jrdn7

13th Nov 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
FWIW its a shame they are overlooking Valsecchi, whats the point in having a reserve driver if when the moment comes that you need him, you just go get someone else? I wanted Ferrari to finish 4th but fuck it, Lotus can GTF.

Valsecchi would be a breath of fresh air to F1, not much point in bringing back drivers who were ok but not great.
JonnyJ

13th Nov 13 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

You reckon he wont make it that far Dom?
JonnyJ

13th Nov 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
quote:
FWIW its a shame they are overlooking Valsecchi, whats the point in having a reserve driver if when the moment comes that you need him, you just go get someone else? I wanted Ferrari to finish 4th but fuck it, Lotus can GTF.

Valsecchi would be a breath of fresh air to F1, not much point in bringing back drivers who were ok but not great.

Agree mate. F1 is such a frustrating sport.
Dom

13th Nov 13 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

You reckon he wont make it that far Dom?

People started writing Button off after Benetton, yet he's managed to stay in the game and win a WDC; unlikely he'll go any time soon.

What we want is Maldonado to disappear
JonnyJ

13th Nov 13 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heiki confirmed to drive the final 2 races for Lotus very soon, just dotting the i's and crossing the t's (via Twitter)
Ben G

14th Nov 13 at 03:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So not confirmed then?
Rick Draper

14th Nov 13 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to love the fact Maldonado is saying he is pleased to be leaving Williams. I bet Williams are thinking "don't let the door smash you on the arse as you go".
JonnyJ

14th Nov 13 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He won a race for them and im sure his money was more than welcome, cant see them hating him?
Rick Draper

14th Nov 13 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won one race and then failed to produce for the rest of the season, crashing out countless times. This season all he has done is moan, moan, moan.
JonnyJ

14th Nov 13 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont disagree hes a massive bellend and his parting shot at Williams is less than classy but Williams have done the square root of fuck all in recent years so that win was huge for them.
Rick Draper

14th Nov 13 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think last year for Williams had huge potential and had he not been such a wank driver (Along with Senna) then they would have had a far better season.
fred7

14th Nov 13 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kevin Magnussen confirmed for mclaren next year! Hope the team turn things around
JonnyJ

14th Nov 13 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They havent really covered themselves in glory with this Perez situation, says he didnt even know about, it came as a complete shock and now hes left with little chance of finding another team.
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Nov 13 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm hearing that Lotus lost faith in Valsechi during summer testing, he dropped a few clangers such as staying out for a bunch of laps driving straight past his pit board several times in a row.

Lotus are in a very fluid position in the WCC, which could mean millions of $$ for just a few points - so I guess they view Heikki as "safe".

I like Heikki tbh, looking forward to seeing how he can handle Grosjean and the Lotus.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jrdn7

14th Nov 13 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I'm hearing that Lotus lost faith in Valsechi during summer testing, he dropped a few clangers such as staying out for a bunch of laps driving straight past his pit board several times in a row.

Lotus are in a very fluid position in the WCC, which could mean millions of $$ for just a few points - so I guess they view Heikki as "safe".

I like Heikki tbh, looking forward to seeing how he can handle Grosjean and the Lotus.

I can't see Heikki finishing in the Top 8, he'll be nowhere near the upper reaches of the points. Unfamiliar with the car and hasn't driven an F1 car for any length of time worth talking about for nearly a year. But I hope he proves me wrong, be nice for a WCC 'best of the rest' showdown between 3 teams in Brazil.
fred7

15th Nov 13 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heikki is always in the sim which is a massive advantage especially at such a new track. I rate him as a drive anyway so in a good car could push and have a good result
p

15th Nov 13 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Heikki is always in the sim which is a massive advantage especially at such a new track. I rate him as a drive anyway so in a good car could push and have a good result

He was utter shit for McLaren.
fred7

15th Nov 13 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really was his. Won a race and lots of top 5 finishes seems he was only there 2 years wasnt "utter shit" at all.
fred7

15th Nov 13 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It seems button has picked his pace up this weekend again looking tidy although got a 3 place grid penalty.
JonnyJ

15th Nov 13 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Button 3 place grid penalty lol
Rick Draper

15th Nov 13 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Not really was his. Won a race and lots of top 5 finishes seems he was only there 2 years wasnt "utter shit" at all.

I agree with p, he was utter shit.
fred7

16th Nov 13 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been leaked that maldonado is driving for lotus next year!! Bullshit that is hes terrible but had money bad thing for the sport
Dave

16th Nov 13 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting that you knock Maldonado but feel the need to defend Kovalainen. Or at least I think that's what you are getting at.

Personally I'd find it hard to say one was better than the other, that Williams is very average and Kovalainen had one win in a very competitive (championship winning) McLaren.
fred7

16th Nov 13 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kova didnt bin the car more times than finishing tho!! He was about to 5/6ast year in aus and what happened fucked it up when there was no need! The fact is if he didnt have money he wouldnt be in that seat next year!!

[Edited on 16-11-2013 by fred7]

<<  56    57    58    59    60    61    62  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2013 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0249362 seconds