corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  56    57    58    59    60    61    62  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Jambo

User status: Offline
6th Jul 14 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He wasn't arrogant at all. Possibly one of the most humble. Always dedicated the victory to the team and not himself.

I think it's a race thing, because he's German IMO TBH
Marc

6th Jul 14 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should be embarrassed way he behaved in front of camera yesterday. He is a good driver and everyone knew he was capable of turning in a result when he is up against it. Afraid he needs to grow up.
Marc

6th Jul 14 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Referring to the black one by the way.
p

6th Jul 14 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I like Vettel. I don't get the haters, genuinely nice guy, hugely talented and a great driver. Showed his stuff with the duel today, just very unlucky with the car.

Needed a ctrl-alt-del after ECU went into limp home mode the other weekend made me chuckle

I do too, seems a really nice chap.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jul 14 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Should be embarrassed way he behaved in front of camera yesterday.

Why so? He was humble, took all responsibility and apologised profusely to the fans. He looked miserable, and dejected which is absolutely how I want him to react to such a lapse of judgement at this level of sport. He's emotionally involved in his performance to a level only matched by Alonso IMO, and I love seeing his honest/raw reaction to events whether good or bad.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jul 14 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...and he was classy as hell today when responding to questions regarding Nico's DNF.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

6th Jul 14 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no denying his usual conduct is immature and simplistic. However he today did display a level of maturity and dignity unseen before. Good on him.
JonnyJ

6th Jul 14 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Emotional roller coaster for me today. Had to watch quali this morning, followed by the race, so i was pretty grumpy going into it. No doubt Lewis' fault, not quite sure what he was thinking at the time, even if the lap was going sour, just keep Nico behind you, you're on a lap, as long as you stay in front his lap isnt going to be much better than yours. Hopefully he learns from that.

Then today , brilliant British Grand Prix again. Action everywhere. Loved the battle between Vettel and Alonso. Fernando's move at Copse was sensational, shame Vettel decided to be a bit of a whiney bitch, its was good hard racing from Alonso.

In a way, gutted Nico's car gave up when it did, a few laps later once Lewis had done him on track. He had the measure of him today, all without any high fuel running in practice, pretty impressive stuff really.

As for the Lewis bashing in here, i can only assume its selective viewing. The Lewis I've been watching for the last few seasons has been humble and has been mature. Yes, hes monosyllabic when its not gone his way, good, shows hes disappointed, shows how much he wants it and every driver is like that. Button's been moaning for 2 seasons straight, Vettel's spat his dummy out this season, Kimi is perma silent/moody and people shove their cock up his arse because of it.

I dont know how many people follow what Lewis does away from the after race interviews but he comes across as a lovely bloke to me, always doing stuff for kids charities, very interactive with his fans, its refreshing. Think too many people have the Lewis from 2011 stuck in their heads, when he was having a tough time personally away from the track with his aunt dying, his relationship problems and generally growing disillusioned with life at Mclaren. Hes an emotional bloke and what you see is what you get, hes not going to sugar coat how he feels to please people and i love him for that.

Whatever, people can hate him if they like, they're missing out enjoying a special British talent, the likes of which dont come around very often. Unlucky.

[Edited on 06-07-2014 by JonnyJ]
djgritt
Premium Member

6th Jul 14 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a great day.

We were on Farm curve, up in the Stands so had a brilliant view over Turns 1-4 - we saw Guttierez retire slap bang in front of us, we saw the Vettel/Alonso duel lap after lap, and we also saw the failure of Rosbergs car and Lewis passing him.

The atmosphere was amazing too. So good.
Ben G

6th Jul 14 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally think it's become fashionable to be a Lewis hater and cunt him off at every opportunity.

It certainly seems that way anyway.

He's what vettel became, except Lewis is British and his critics are also British.
chrisr195

6th Jul 14 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

decent race, shame about kimi hope he ok and poor massa. 200th gp to forget. alonso was as ever brilliant. williams seem to be getting there with mclarens having a good weekend.

good result for lewis he needed it but i think Rosberg had him covered, if his gearbox hadn't starting playing up just before his pitstop would of been 1-2 again.

need the good old days back with ferrari , mclaren and williams all battling it out.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Jul 14 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr195

good result for lewis he needed it but i think Rosberg had him covered, if his gearbox hadn't starting playing up just before his pitstop would of been 1-2 again.

It's a shame we'll never find out, but I'd still prefer the DNF based on keeping the WDC alive

It was good to see that Lewis could potentially have pulled out a one stopper. He reported that his tyres were still good on his final in-lap, and although we'd never know what Nico's pace could have been at that stage - it could have been a tight wheel to wheel finish with Nico needing a pass, and we know he's not too good at that vs Lewis from Bahrain.

Re: Lewis bashing, I think our tabloids are mainly to blame, Lewis is a headline generator and people like Marc tend to just read the red headlines and ignore the context, which more often than not makes Lewis' comments make a lot more sense. Alright he was sulking on camera, but who the hell doesn't? As Jonny says - it's "cool" if it's Kimi, and JB has just been a never ending whinge since sometime in 2012.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

7th Jul 14 at 05:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People make judgements on people very early on, usually from media influence when it comes to famous sports stars and those prejudices stick. They selectively hear what they want to hear. For instance, Lewis has gave many interviews this season and last where hes had a tough time and come out and say thats its not the end of the world/it was his fault but he'll put it right/it wasnt his fault but these things happen and people who hate him conveniently ignore those and wait for the one interview where hes not happy to go "SEE!, SEE! MOODY CUNT"

Likewise with people like Kimi, the media tell us its funny that he doesnt speak, so when he does an interview like that one after Spain where he answered one question with "Dont know" then sulked off people go "HAHAHAHA TOP BANTZ KIMI MAN, TOP BANTZ". If Lewis had done that i can guarantee the usual faces would be in here giving it "LOOK AT THAT SPOILT CUNT, EMBARRASSING"

Post race interviews in the pen are always horrendous, unless you've got a guy who has done well. If you've had a tough day at the office the last thing you want is reporter after reporter going "So, that didnt go well, how do you feel after that?" I'd expect anyone to be pissed off, its the last thing I'd want to do and if it wasnt a contractual obligation for them to fulfil i bet it'd be a very empty place post quali/race. FWIW his interview on Sky was slightly more upbeat than the BBC one, but then Pinkham >>>>> Lee Mckenzie

quote:
Originally posted by chrisr195

It would've been close at the very least. The engineer that went up with Lewis to the podium said "You would've had him anyway". About 10 laps before the first stop Lewis was reeling in Nico at 3 tenths a lap and Nico did set the fastest lap of the race just after Lewis' stop (only for Lewis to beat it by 9 tenths straight away) so he wasnt struggling that much.

[Edited on 07-07-2014 by JonnyJ]
nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Jul 14 at 05:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No ones mentioned the fact that Ricciardo had an awesome race again. Remember Vettel qualified second and he finished behind him again.

MX5 Project Thread
spencer88

7th Jul 14 at 06:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
No ones mentioned the fact that Ricciardo had an awesome race again. Remember Vettel qualified second and he finished behind him again.

I gave him a few tips the other day

JonnyJ

7th Jul 14 at 08:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21

Yep, he's performing really well. Both Red Bulls switched to the hard at the restart but Ric made the 1 stop strategy work. He's decimating Seb this year, which shows how good he is. That move he pulled off on Perez in Canada to give him a shot at the win proved to me he should be taken seriously as a championship contender once he gets the right equipment.
Jambo

7th Jul 14 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't hate Lewis, but he is immature. His lifestyle and largely (I think) his girlfriend are to blame. Wants to be a big celebrity rapper type, travels everywhere in an entourage etc.

To think this is prejudice or from a first impression is incorrect, as it was quoted in the press before this season that apparently Lauda pulled him aside and told him to stop being a twat basically

His reward, if he stopped trying to be this big celeb wannabe rapper style mong was to be flown exclusively by Lauda in his private jet to Europe after Melbourne or one of the other start races I forget which.

He apparently, after a stern dressing down, took the advice and got rid of the celeb thing. No entourage, turns up earlier for races, practices harder and is much, much more dedicated. This shows massively in his on screen persona, pertinent radio messages and epic on track performance. Both pace and eagerness and creativity not to forget, the results.

He is a good driver, and he is only just beginning IMO, he has finally woken up. If he can stick to it, he will absolutely annihilate Rosberg. Problem being is I think he struggles with lack of confidence one minute, and sheer arrogance the next. Seems strange.

No rose tinted glasses here, never followed anyone in F1 due to their nationality, but as mentioned great to see us smash our own GP. Found out that the Mercedes engine is also designed and built here! So really was a good victory for the UK.

[Edited on 07-07-2014 by Jambo]
Jambo

7th Jul 14 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, did anyone see the Sky Sports pre race bit with the lawn mower racing

Want to have a go on that!!
Ben G

7th Jul 14 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that was awesome. Stag do idea for sure.

Who was it who went round the bend on 2 wheels? Fucking epic
Jambo

7th Jul 14 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it was J.Herbert

Looked utterly terrifying but so so so much fund
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 14 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it a bit weird how, in any sport really, someone whos british can support someone of different nationality when there is a British person also taking part in said sport.

It deffo seems a bit weird to me, I Just cant imagine doing it.

[Edited on 07-07-2014 by Steve]
Mad Moe

7th Jul 14 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and the lads have decided after taking in a few different European Gran Prix over the last few years that we'd like to do Silverstone next year and wondered if any of you lads who have been before could offer a bit of advice on accommodation/camping, best locations on the track etc.
andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Jul 14 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was a good day at silverstone, very long day left at 4am and got back home at 10pm, 11 hours sleep has kind of sorted me out

Was good to see Lewis win yesterday people were going mad when rosberg's car broke and was going past me at copse corner

April 08 feature car
Steve
Premium Member

7th Jul 14 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going mad in my armchair lol
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Jul 14 at 14:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was at Monza when Button retired, the Tifosi went mental then too

Didn't stop Lewis nailing the win there either though

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  56    57    58    59    60    61    62  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0255978 seconds