corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Money
Cosmo

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Karen
I aint on the dole though!

Im not directing it at you, just generally. Plus dole or not benefits are benefits.
Karen

2nd Mar 06 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I am digging at people. Get a job you lay-about pieces of crap. I don't care about your circumstances or if you have kids.

I aint going to go out and get a job to earn no extra money and be away from my son 5 days a week and by time we get home he has to go to bed so I get basically no time with him
Karen

2nd Mar 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Im not directing it at you, just generally. Plus dole or not benefits are benefits.

I get income support, same thing that disabled people get
Not anything to do with the dole
CCA

2nd Mar 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want to look at it that way brett
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
Well clearly you do, like have a kid or be disabled etc

so your saying having a kid (this is an option to bring a kid into the world) is as good as going out and working 9-5 to put food on the table?

And I have no problem with REAL disabilities getting benefits if they are prevented from getting a job.
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
I am digging at people. Get a job you lay-about pieces of crap. I don't care about your circumstances or if you have kids.

I aint going to go out and get a job to earn no extra money and be away from my son 5 days a week and by time we get home he has to go to bed so I get basically no time with him

The government will pay 75% of the childcare costs and you'd still be seen as making an effort and working like the rest of us. Deal with it. Will be a lovely kid growin up on a council estate anyway
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
If you want to look at it that way brett

I'm obviously going about everything the wrong way then
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I get income support, same thing that disabled people get
Not anything to do with the dole

what disability do you have?! Income support is the same as being on the dole, you get money for not having a job.
CCA

No im not saying that having a kid is as good as going out and working to put food on the table but if you had a kid would you rather go and work 9-5 and only spend saturday and sunday with them and maybe an hour in the morning during the week?
Karen

quote:
quote:
quote:

The government will pay 75% of the childcare costs and you'd still be seen as making an effort and working like the rest of us. Deal with it. Will be a lovely kid growin up on a council estate anyway

Yes but by time I pay rent etc Id be walking away with no more money than I get now
I dont stay on a council estate
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
No im not saying that having a kid is as good as going out and working to put food on the table but if you had a kid would you rather go and work 9-5 and only spend saturday and sunday with them and maybe an hour in the morning during the week?

I know lots of people who do rather than going on benefits
CCA

2nd Mar 06 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If someone was in a wheelchair would you think it would be better for them to go out to work than to get benefits?
Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA

People who go to work have to make those sacrifices, as do me and my girlfriend.
CCA

2nd Mar 06 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not all people want to makes those sacrifices though
Ally

FFS why does every single fucking thread about money turn into 100 questions for Karen on why she is on benefits and how and what she should get, and how she should work.

Vauxcorsagirl, sell your car and get an evening and weekend job in asda/tesco/sainsburies/waitrose/dominos/pizza hut/kwik save/somerfield/co op/fish and chip shop/restaraunt (sp)/sex shop/evening receptionist/paper girl

If you are desperate for money you will get another/different job and work shitty hours in a shitty job so you can afford to do what you want.

Sell your car (yes it is £5 cheaper a week to run, but not when you look at tax, insurance, mot, tyres, petrol and repairs)

Do not borrow money off your parents or friends. If you cant afford somthing, dont buy it.
CCA

Brett
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
Not all people want to makes those sacrifices though

This could go on all day really couldn't it?

Question is: Do you want to be a waster or making something of yourself.
I opt for second option.
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CCA
If someone was in a wheelchair would you think it would be better for them to go out to work than to get benefits?

did they have a choice to get put in a wheelchair, not last time I checked. Do single parents have a choice to have a kid, yep!

Like I said before Ive no problem people with real disabilities being on benefits if they cant work. But I dont class having a kid as a disability. If all parents went on benefits so they could spend more time with their kids then the country would be in trouble.
CCA

2nd Mar 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Answer: If i had a child i would want to recieve benefits untill the child was older and went to school etc so that i didnt miss out on their childhood and them growing up and i wouldnt consider myself a waster.
If i recieved benefits for not working because i couldnt be bothered i would get off my couch potato ass and get a job even if it was the crappest job as it would pay the bills.
Karen

2nd Mar 06 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Do single parents have a choice to have a kid, yep!

Well when I was pregnant I did have a bf so wasnt going to be faced with having to be a single parent. Things dont always work out though so harly my fault. Prob the same with alot of other single parents
Cosmo

2nd Mar 06 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Well when I was pregnant I did have a bf so wasnt going to be faced with having to be a single parent. Things dont always work out though so harly my fault. Prob the same with alot of other single parents

I actually should of said parents there, regardless of them being single or not.
CCA

2nd Mar 06 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CCA

did they have a choice to get put in a wheelchair, not last time I checked. Do single parents have a choice to have a kid, yep!

Like I said before Ive no problem people with real disabilities being on benefits if they cant work. But I dont class having a kid as a disability. If all parents went on benefits so they could spend more time with their kids then the country would be in trouble.

If someones in a wheelchair because they cant walk they can still work in an office, nothings stopping them if the place has wheelchair access.
People have children for different reasons, do you think if someones going to be a single parent and will be on benefits that the kid should be aborted?
Karen

2nd Mar 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I actually should of said parents there, regardless of them being single or not.

Ever heard of accidents happen then? Or if the person had been raped?
Ally

2nd Mar 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Karen what you do with your life is your choice and your business, dont explain your situation to people who cannot understand.

Cosmo - I agree with you completely on pretty much everything you've said, people use the system to their advantage, claim decetfully etc

End of the day, you work hard for the money you earn, you dont scrounge... yes we pay tax to fund the bums but hey thats life.
micra_pete
Premium Member

2nd Mar 06 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 3 year old, and i have always worked, also my partner works, and always has (except on maternity leave) she only works three days though, i don't see why a child makes people incapable of working?

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money 22 database queries in 0.0144150 seconds