corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs. Ecuador thread

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England vs. Ecuador thread
Russ

User status: Offline
26th Jun 06 at 05:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you say so mate, i bet you agree with all the commentators

and if your not refering to the quote.. why quote it..
Sooty
Banned

26th Jun 06 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the guy saying 36oC isnt hot needs his head looking at
Cybermonkey

26th Jun 06 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sooty
the guy saying 36oC isnt hot needs his head looking at

well its not
Sooty
Banned

26th Jun 06 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PSTFU cyber your in fucking oz
Marc

26th Jun 06 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo

26th Jun 06 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
beckham has made : 43 crosses 51 longpasses and 98 short passes and commited only 3 fouls

joe cole has made : 20 crosses 13 long passes and 120 short passes (119 to ashley cole?) and commited 9 fouls

i know who id drop..

where are those stats from? Wouldnt mind seeing some of those for others.

And as for that proving Beckham has played better than Cole it hasnt. His crosses (other than one) have all been shite, and considering that is what he does best it isnt very good. Plus where is the stat that shows which one makes the most runs, attacks the defence and beats men?
Russ

26th Jun 06 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not saying joe cole doesnt, joe cole could dance around players all day long with nobody coming close, beckham hasnt got the pace to do this anymore, but when it comes to the end of his attack, i know who i'd prefer the final ball to come from. beckhams crossing has been apualing this world cup, but his dire is still better than coles non existant.

fifa web site mate
MarkM

26th Jun 06 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ if you beleive for one minute that DB has played better than JC this world cup then you dont know a thing about football...
Russ

26th Jun 06 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your not Mark Lawrenson are you? and use the M as a disguise?

do you think ronaldinho has been spectacular also?

beckham has been shit all world cup, but won us 3 games, the free kick against paraguay, the cross to crouch against trinidad and the free kick yesterday. i would love to see lennon play, but if beckham is playing shit and still winning us games, how can he be dropped
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jun 06 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and russ tend to agree on things football wise TBH TBH
J da Silva

26th Jun 06 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
Oh come on here,

In the grand scheme of things, with all the countries playing, 36 degrees isnt that hot.

Using the heat issue when playing against sides from nearer the equator is a joke tbh. We've had time to adjust, we just haven't.

Plain stupid.

In my job ive seen people (males) doing 12 hour days digging trenches in 50+ degrees heat.

Case rested really?

4 years to adjust. England should be playing friendlies away to teams like Venezuela, Peru, Colombia, Nigeria for the next 4 years, because I'll tell you this for free, Germany is a cool bath compared to what South Africa's going to be like.
Cosmo

26th Jun 06 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

beckham has been shit all world cup, but won us 3 games, the free kick against paraguay, the cross to crouch against trinidad and the free kick yesterday. i would love to see lennon play, but if beckham is playing shit and still winning us games, how can he be dropped

because if this is all he offers in each game (as in one good cross, one defelcted free kick and one good goal) then he doesnt deserve his place. We are lucky that one or two goals have been enough against poor opposition, but maybe with someone like Lennon in we could score 3 or 4 goals.
MarkM

26th Jun 06 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

because if this is all he offers in each game (as in one good cross, one defelcted free kick and one good goal) then he doesnt deserve his place. We are lucky that one or two goals have been enough against poor opposition, but maybe with someone like Lennon in we could score 3 or 4 goals.

Exactly my point...

We would cause teams a lot more problems with Lennon than scraping a win by one goal against poor opposition...

More problems = More goals
J da Silva

26th Jun 06 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If you'd have done your research you'd know Ronaldinho stated on May26th ..... "I don't want to do all the tricks and skills I do with Barcelona, I just want to concentrate on getting the Selecao through and work as a team, we have a lot to live upto as holders, the pressure should be on us but we are dealing with it well."

He isn't going to be spectacular this world cup, some tricky dinks here and there when the game is virtually won, nothing fancy because he wants to be known for his ability to play football as opposed to just being good at keepy ups.
Jules S
Premium Member

26th Jun 06 at 16:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
quote:

4 years to adjust. England should be playing friendlies away to teams like Venezuela, Peru, Colombia, Nigeria for the next 4 years, because I'll tell you this for free, Germany is a cool bath compared to what South Africa's going to be like.

Which was where i was coming from TBH....but it doesn't matter where the finals are being held does it? The germans are having an unusually hot summer....we could have hedged our bets and done some heat acclimisation after all.

My 50degC comment was a bit wide of the mark i will admit it was nearer 40deg, In Jeddah SA.....and tbf they had water/showers on tap
MR2Mike

26th Jun 06 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for late reply but was a poor game yet again..... gerrard and lampard still cant play together even with a man behind them... (and i havent got a clue which one of them you could drop), becks isnt on form but still wins us every match so hes got to play. joe cole was a shadow of his last performance, and carrick looked totally out of his depth.

but hey.. we keep winning at least
Russ

26th Jun 06 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jizinho Silva 10
quote:

If you'd have done your research you'd know Ronaldinho stated on May26th ..... "I don't want to do all the tricks and skills I do with Barcelona, I just want to concentrate on getting the Selecao through and work as a team, we have a lot to live upto as holders, the pressure should be on us but we are dealing with it well."

He isn't going to be spectacular this world cup, some tricky dinks here and there when the game is virtually won, nothing fancy because he wants to be known for his ability to play football as opposed to just being good at keepy ups.

i know he hasnt being flashy, i was trying (and failing apparently ) to show how the pundits have raved about ronaldinho, when even his normal football isnt as good as his barca stuff.
Russ

26th Jun 06 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

lennon would be great if we had crouch to help us win the cross.

my team for portugal would be

robbo
neville (if fit) rio terry cole
becks gerrard carrick cole
rooney crouch

then bring lennon on against tired legs after 70ish minutes.
Robbo

26th Jun 06 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck off, i aint going in goal
corsaaa_16v

27th Jun 06 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant believe the criticism of beckham

hes a hero, so genuine, always works hard, never gives up, 110% every game, and his end product is second to none!!

how people compare him to a 19 yr old lad with potential (lennon) il never know!!

give the guy a break people, and lay of all the others (lampard, gerrard, etc)

FFS GET BEHIND THE TEAM, AND CHEER US TO LIFT THE WORLD CUP!!

[Edited on 27-06-2006 by corsaaa_16v]
corsaaa_16v

27th Jun 06 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PS Englands strongest team now (without owen) has to be the one that started the ecuador game, but with nevaille at right back instead of hargeaves!!

that team can win us the world cup!!
Russ

27th Jun 06 at 05:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
PS Englands strongest team now (without owen) has to be the one that started the ecuador game, but with nevaille at right back instead of hargeaves!!

that team can win us the world cup!!
that didnt work, a goal from set peices isnt what we need, what if we get no free kicks within shooting distance?? we need crouch on and play 4-4-2
corsaaa_16v

27th Jun 06 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noooooooooooo, how can you change the team again, they aint, gonna work instantly!! theyl keep getting better and with that team, will beat portugal on sat!! lampard and gerrard cant play together and he aint gonna drop one! plus i thote rooney and carrick did well!! lampard and gerrard were poor but you could see all the space and time they got due to carrick playing!! if they had been more on there game, we would have won comfortably!!
corsaaa_16v

27th Jun 06 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ps it wasnt the formation on sunday, it was individual performances, joe cole was poor, as were beckham lampard and gerrard, however the sytem worked well as it allowed lampard and gerrard freedom!!
Cosmo

27th Jun 06 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaaa_16v
i cant believe the criticism of beckham

hes a hero, so genuine, always works hard, never gives up, 110% every game, and his end product is second to none!!

how people compare him to a 19 yr old lad with potential (lennon) il never know!!

give the guy a break people, and lay of all the others (lampard, gerrard, etc)

FFS GET BEHIND THE TEAM, AND CHEER US TO LIFT THE WORLD CUP!!

[Edited on 27-06-2006 by corsaaa_16v]

Oh please, he is living on his HERO status. If any other right winger had been playing like him then he would be out the team right away. He doesnt do enough in a game to deserve his place and dont think just because he is the capt or a big name that it should automatically get him his place.

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs. Ecuador thread 23 database queries in 0.0146871 seconds