corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Kadett Progress Thread : UPDATE: 22-05-2008 New Shell

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kadett Progress Thread : UPDATE: 22-05-2008 New Shell
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Aug 07 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Oh yes, they're going to look absolutely spot on

[Edited on 21-08-2007 by Robin]

ohh yes!
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bieransri
fuck yea thats should paint it back to its original green

hmm, did think bout it buts not nice in person at all, i know the colour its gona go now!

i think!
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul H
cant beleive they took so much getting on i thought they would just pop on.
my mate has 165/50's on his 9j
good stretch though buddy

i think its because the falkens are pretty tapered at the sides, all the MOT guys down there said i would fail that with tyre like that and i told them to sod off, good job our MOT guy said they will pass with him, aslong as i make a donation to the (my car is illegal but please pass it fund)!
Robin
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't see why it would fail anyway tbh

If yours would, mine will too.
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they just kept saying there not thee right size tyre for the rim and i was like " i know " , they said it was dangerous but its not really unless u go round a corner at stupid speed!
Robin
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They won't come off anyway, there's no more chance than with a 'correct' tyre IMO.

If it's only got 2psi in it, then maybe, but so would a normal tyre and what are the chances of you letting them go that flat?

We used to get loads of people having 'narrow' tyres fitted to 'wide' wheels with no problem. I've never seen one come off the bead.

Anyway, they look good, that's all that matters
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 22:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hell yeah, i still am smiling bout the stretch on the rear, cost me a fooking fortune to fit and pain by moving the fuel filler cap but well worth it!
Robin
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are you doing about that? tank in the boot or a new pipe and the filler in the door shut or something?
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Aug 07 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure yet but thats an after thought, gona take the tank fully off 2morow, i have a uber cool idea with getting one D90 wheel and then in the center of it haveng the pipe to fill the fuel tank but mey be a lot of work!
we will see!

[Edited on 21-08-2007 by Graeme]
Nath

21st Aug 07 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Aug 07 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 22-08-2007 New Wings

Got my brand new wings on this day, Gm stuff from germany so have been waiting for 6weeks or so for them.
Was over the moon when i got them as they fit perfectly!

Also got a pic of how far the wheels stick out the arch.

[Edited on 23-08-2007 by Graeme]
bieransri

23rd Aug 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did you get the wings from. would love all new stuff on mine if i ever need it?
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Aug 07 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 23-08-2007 Wings are fooked

left my wings next to my car last nite and i came into work this morning the other painter/panel beater trying to play about with my wing, turns out our MOT ran over it.

Wasebt happy but nothing i can do about it, tankfully they are readily avaliable for the right side which he ran over and has offered to pay for it.

Just a bugger i need to wait 6 more weeks and £80 for another wing!

But on the up side i recieved this for the right wing which i will have to wait for to weld in!

[Edited on 23-08-2007 by Graeme]
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Aug 07 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
where did you get the wings from. would love all new stuff on mine if i ever need it?

opel in germany, guy who works in british army in germany, what you need?
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Aug 07 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's a bit of a fucker
bieransri

23rd Aug 07 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
quote:

opel in germany, guy who works in british army in germany, what you need?

currently after new sideskirts and bumpers, gsi of corse
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd Aug 07 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can get them in this country for a nova, bit of a fucker is an undertstatment robin, but if it was the left hand side i would of been fooked as the group buy on mk1oc cleared all of those from germany
Graeme
Premium Member

5th Sep 07 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 05-09-07 Number Plates

Got some plates delivered today that i orderd at edition 38 which look cool.
Been doing a bit more filler work here an there on the kadett but have been on holiday last week and whilst on holiday i dislocated my shoulder so it hurts like hell to do anything like that with my right arm!

Hamish

6th Sep 07 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Learn to do it with your left arm. Then when your right ones better, you will be able to use bouth and do it twice as quick

Looking good
Graeme
Premium Member

8th Sep 07 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant work with my left hand, have DA`d most of the car down though now which is good, bonnet is giving me alot of grief as the all get very dented on the front and go wobbly!
Matt L

9th Sep 07 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme

look almost see through in this lol.
Akeemking

10th Mar 08 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ho yeah... cant wait to see it finished!
Graeme
Premium Member

22nd May 08 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE: 22-05-2008 : NEW SHELL

Right well a big kind of update is here, not actually done alot but it will all start going from now

I moved bodyshops about 8 months ago and have been working 50 hr weeks most of the time so not really had the urge to do much but a while back when i had a few days off i decided that i would start it properly and take the car back to bare metal.

I knew there was filler in some places so i took back with a grinder to see exactly what was there.

Quaters have about 1/2" of filler, lower doors about 1" of filler, roof has loads for some reason.

and there are alot of other little bits so i went in search for a new shell as it will be easier to transfer everything over to a mint shell.

So after searching i found one which i was going to buy but the guy was being a bit of a twat so he sold it to someone else even though i offered the full asking price.

So a month later i find another shell, seems very cheap at £200 for everything bar engine and gearbox. Go to look at it and the thing is mint, has dented wings, i have some to replace them, has one dent in the door and a small amount of rust on the front panel and thats it.

The guy really didnt know alot so i offered him £150 and he took it. Im collecting it this weekend and have now secured a new garage i enough to work in and with power thanks to my girlfriends parents

So here are a few pics of the shell but more to come this weekend and alot more to come in the next few months.

K 5ive

22nd May 08 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back to square one then? Nice project BTW.
Graeme
Premium Member

23rd May 08 at 17:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm pretty much but its goin to save me alot of time to do it properly.

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Kadett Progress Thread : UPDATE: 22-05-2008 New Shell 23 database queries in 0.0174201 seconds