corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is a CTR?

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what is a CTR?
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Nov 06 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
quote:
Originally posted by Davey_boy
but my mates CTR ran a 14.3 standard, which i thought was prity damn good.

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by Davey_boy]

thats the biggest piss take ive read in this thread. simply put, no it didnt. never, ever.

yes it, using a wrist watch
Cupra Steve
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
I agree with Nismo throughout this thread.

Why is it everyone slates the performance of the CTR yet not the ITR when in fact there isn't difference on the road in a straight line.

yes there is, the teg is 220bhp and the civic is 197bhp, so there is a slight difference, 0-100 in the teg is alot different, maybe not on paper but my mates teg leaves the civic, the teg's handling is in a world of it's own imo. so there is a difference.

DC5 is 220bhp but is still slighly slower than the DC2 which has 187bhp because of the weight difference. On the road there is pretty much nothing between the DC2, DC5 and CTR. Im aware there is a difference in the handling, I've owned a DC2 and driven a a DC5; which is why if you check my original post, I mentioned straight line performance only

There is a difference between a UKDM DC2 and a DC5, JDM DC2 is similar to DC5.
Cupra Steve
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Davey_boy
There is absolutly no difference what so ever between an integra and a civic, its all down to the driver when the performance figers are that close, the dc5 is the same engine as the civic the K20a, its just got a lighter fly wheel, and a slightly different gear ratio iirc. Never quarter miled mine asyet, but my mates CTR ran a 14.3 standard, which i thought was prity damn good.

[Edited on 27-11-2006 by Davey_boy]

No it didn't. That is not possible.
Cupra Steve
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I've also driven Vtec cars, and found the same, they're alright in the right rev range, but often, when you want to overtake, you're not in the power band, and there's no instant power. it'd be alright if the vtec was ALWAYS engaged, but it's not.

that's what most people have the issue with, i think.

Vtec engages at that point for a reason, otherwise it would be lumpy on tick over, like a 2.0 with race cams, plus it would drink fuel, the vtecs i have driven i haven't had a problem keeping it in vtec, tbh it's hard to come out of it, the sound is just incredible and you just want to keep it pinned!!!!
topshot_2k
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh the whiplash inducing VTec
Steve
Premium Member

28th Nov 06 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that tiger tank that got stuck on the bridge had VTEC, the driver went to simply drive in front of the bridge but VTEC kicked in and sent him over the edge

[Edited on 28-11-2006 by Steve]
topshot_2k
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL
Cupra Steve
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK so there are some comedians on here!!!
topshot_2k
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe its because people go on about the VTEc like its some sort of jet engine
Cupra Steve
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
Maybe its because people go on about the VTEc like its some sort of jet engine

oh, well i don't, but i bloody love it and it is addictive.
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 06 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is addictive? having to rev the crap out the car to make it have anypower while producing a noise other road users hear and immediately think your a nob head? its not a turbo, there is no kick, its just a stupid noise
BabyBlade

28th Nov 06 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what is addictive? having to rev the crap out the car to make it have anypower while producing a noise other road users hear and immediately think your a nob head? its not a turbo, there is no kick, its just a stupid noise

TBH I'd rather the noise of the v-tec to the p-tish of a turbo, not saying yours does this, but a few of my mates have cars with dump valves and its just wrong.

Other road users shouldn't really hear it on the open road, unless its being driven hard through town, in which case they need shooting anyway
Steve
Premium Member

28th Nov 06 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i find listening to wasps addictive
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 06 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BabyBlade

Other road users shouldn't really hear it on the open road, unless its being driven hard through town, in which case they need shooting anyway

every ctr i ever see is having 9000rpm down the centre of town, day or night, as if its cool. its just rediculous.

yes i have a dump valve, turbo cars need them, and yes its loud, but its serving a purpose and it isnt there for the sound. also, you'd never knew it had one or was a turbo as it never gets driven hard unlike ctr's in residential areas.

i like wasps also steve, such a lovely non-irritating noise
BabyBlade

28th Nov 06 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
every ctr i ever see is having 9000rpm down the centre of town, day or night, as if its cool. its just rediculous.

Yeah that is wrong.
Tom

28th Nov 06 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
The thing with Vtec (In my experience) is that if you drop out of the power band, its like driving a boring, normal equivilant engine.

My dad had an Accord Type R, for a week, when he was deciding what car to have, and he (and my brother) both said it was slow as buggery out of 'the zone', but quick in it (although not very easy to keep it in the power)

I've also driven Vtec cars, and found the same, they're alright in the right rev range, but often, when you want to overtake, you're not in the power band, and there's no instant power. it'd be alright if the vtec was ALWAYS engaged, but it's not.

that's what most people have the issue with, i think.

If you can't be bothered to use gears it's not gonna be fast, i can't see the issue with having to rev it to make it go fast it's fun, if you are having a race (which I don't condone and seems as if other don't) then you would more than likely know to be revving it above 5kish ffs

Please lets not get so judgemental about one or two or 3 cars.

Apprantly every BMW is driven by a tosser, simple fact of the matter is that is not true, same goes for ctr drivers or corsa drivers. I have seen perhaps 8 ctr's in the past week, maybe one of them was giving it beans, so what, again alot of young impressionable lads who don;t know much about cars think that because they own a ctr they are the daddies, please pop along to a cruise and have a conversation with an 18 yr old sat in a corsa with £5k spent on stick on bits and neons and tell me they know more or think less of there cars though

I am not sticking up for any car owner type or having a go, all i'm saying is not everyone who owns a bmw or ctr or corsa is a dick.

I don't see the need for arguing like a bunch of women about it also, I really like revving the tits of a car as it just does it for me, as for other turbo's does it for them, is it not ok to like both a little bit though

[Edited on 28-11-2006 by Tom]
BabyBlade

28th Nov 06 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good way to sum up and end this thread imo
Cupra Steve
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VTEC is just like having racing cams. Except it's drivable, so the sound if just the same as any NA engine with cams, So considering muppetsport said in another thread he'd now prefer a 2.0 16v on tb's (that would sound like a vtec) over his turbo he is contradicting himself slightly.
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 06 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
VTEC is just like having racing cams. Except it's drivable, so the sound if just the same as any NA engine with cams, So considering muppetsport said in another thread he'd now prefer a 2.0 16v on tb's (that would sound like a vtec) over his turbo he is contradicting himself slightly.

negative, there is a world of difference between the noise of an xe on tb's to a stupid silly wasp noise. also, the xe on tb's makes that lovely noise all through the rev range, and will also pull well all through the rev range
Cupra Steve
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

negative, there is a world of difference between the noise of an xe on tb's to a stupid silly wasp noise. also, the xe on tb's makes that lovely noise all through the rev range, and will also pull well all through the rev range

But it won't be as drivable round town etc....
Nic Barnes

28th Nov 06 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1858276319151553366&q=corsa

wow, ctr's really do out handle corsa's round tracks, not.
topshot_2k
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

But it won't be as drivable round town etc....

if you want a car thats driveable around town buy a nissan micra or something. The noise CTR makes is gay. end of.
Cupra Steve
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't watch it as i'm at work, i'm not saying CTR's are great, but vtec is bloody awesome!
topshot_2k
Banned

28th Nov 06 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is it so 'awesome'
BabyBlade

28th Nov 06 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-1858276319151553366&q=corsa

wow, ctr's really do out handle corsa's round tracks, not.

I hope that was standard for standard

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what is a CTR? 22 database queries in 0.0204289 seconds