corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Red Corsa Sport 1.6 16v, cars still going lol, got new wheels now

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Red Corsa Sport 1.6 16v, cars still going lol, got new wheels now
Stokie Dave

User status: Offline
13th Dec 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha it is, its a complete shitbox. I'm so glad mine sounds not even remotely similar now! You should hear it in real life. Terrible
Vaux Lad

14th Dec 07 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not like the de-cat rasp then Dave?
Stokie Dave

14th Dec 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope too chavvy for me fella.
Stokie Dave

22nd Dec 07 at 01:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd copy Whittie and post some dirty pics of me car before I wash it tomorrow. Cops pulled me over and told me to clean my numberplate before they'd let me go, it was that caked in shit haha.

Xmas has killed any plans for a few months methinks Fucking girlfriends need de-boobing. On second thoughts... lol

Shame the shit phone I use doesn't show just how bad it is haha.

Completely unsure what to do now. I'm getting fed up of driving it, I want something comfy I think thats only for the awkwardness of winter months though, tis fun car in summer!

[Edited on 22-12-2007 by Stokie Dave]
Whittie

22nd Dec 07 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dirty whore

Cleaning mine tomorrow too

Whats the next plan for your car?
Stokie Dave

22nd Dec 07 at 02:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got put a diddy number plate on which I've got (well, 3/4 size) but otherwise I dunno what to do.

Maybe new wheels... will fit some front mudflaps as can't be arsed with expense of GSi skirts and thats about it really. Seems pointless messing with the engine as it'll never be quick. I wanna sell it one min and keep it the next, spent a lot on servicing as I want it run well, and it does so maybe I should just enjoy the fact its dead reliable till summer 08!
Whittie

22nd Dec 07 at 02:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear Lights?

I've got a set of front mudflaps in my boot if you want them...?
Stokie Dave

22nd Dec 07 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good. You got the bolts I'd need for 'em too? I like the proper moulded flaps lol

I did want some diff rear lights also. If I get these anthracite cesaros, some MHW rears would be a must

Just a few more subtle styling bits, maybe a silenced decat and that'll do.

I always wanna keep changing stuff on it though, so annoying! Wish I could just be happy with it lol
Whittie

22nd Dec 07 at 02:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, yup, the bolts are floating around in the boot too

MHWs would look cool , as would anthacite cesaros!

Stokie Dave

22nd Dec 07 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sweeet man I'll u2u you
bubble

23rd Dec 07 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stokie Dave
Nope too chavvy for me fella.

hmmm i told u that about 3-4 months ago
Stokie Dave

23rd Dec 07 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd find out for myself son Did go better at top of the revs though, feels a bit held back now. But it sounds nice and I don't really gun it about anymore.

[Edited on 23-12-2007 by Stokie Dave]
Stokie Dave

29th Jan 08 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had some wind deflectors for all of 5 days before they got RIPPED OFF the car! lol

Been thinking about selling as fed up of the Corsa stigma (chavboxes on wheels) but... it's a good car, it still wont break. The only annoying thing is it's crap on fuel round town! But I've let the paintwork go again and it looks shit... so I need to get it looking shiny again so I've got pride in it and start to like it again.

But, after looking at new cars around 2k, nothing seems much good. So, seeing as the only "bad" part of the car is fuel consumption, maybe it'll offset the costs of maintenance on a new car which I don't know well.

So, what would you do to this car if it was yours?

MHW's, front mudflaps (got them now), poss some different wheels in a gunmetal/anthracite colour and I think style wise it'd look fine for a daily driver

[Edited on 29-01-2008 by Stokie Dave]
ShEp

29th Jan 08 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the wheels that are on it

Dont see many of them on corsas

Anthracite the wheels you have, mhw rears, front flaps,

sorted.
Stokie Dave

29th Jan 08 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that is one good thing, never see Corsa's on those wheels, so a refurb and colour change would look good I guess Might invest in some steelies soon and get them done.

Need get bolts and clips for my front mudflaps then those can be added and look out for some bargain MHW's!
Stokie Dave

24th May 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read through this thread As decided I don't wanna do anything else to it now and am taking a few bits off to put it closer to standard. Maybe the fact I'm so used to it, putting the odd standard bit on but it still being modded whilst I own it may be cool lol. Just wanna get some money back now rather than loosing out later I guess.

Been a mint car though enjoyed owning it, but red was a bad decision

*ponders wether to get 3 spokes so it looked how it first did when I lowered it*
Stokie Dave

26th May 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right as above (sorry I keep talking to myself in this thread haha) I might possibly be selling my DEPO's and going for a more standard "as it should be from the factory" sort of look...

Found some old pics... so basically, which wheels?!

Both crap pics off phone but with standard lights on at the time...

3 spokes (maybe with 185/55's this time)?

Or my current 15's?

[Edited on 26-05-2008 by Stokie Dave]
nossi_16v

27th May 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id keep the current 15s mate they suit the car perfect i think, and look a bit like a mini set of speedlines
Stokie Dave

29th Sep 08 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still got this car. Noone will buy it lol.

So looks like I'm stuck with it for the forseeable future until I can afford to give it away... still runs spot on though.

So, I changed the wheels as never really fell for the ones I had on previously, was looking for some 3 spokes but a local guy was selling these, then text me the morning I was gonna collect asking about a straight swap - fine with me, so here we are.

Projects finished really, not much of a project anyway compared to some but still a bit of fun over the last 20 months or so I've had it

Just need to tidy a few things up and give it a polish and I'll post some fresh pics. Wish I'd have not sold my DEPO's to pay for MOT and some tax though now I've got these wheels!

Full spec now on first page. From bog standard to this:

Stokie Dave

12th Jan 09 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So whats happened since the last update? Well, I've had it for 2 years now...but otherwise, nowt new bar my missus putting a dent in the boot in a huff, someone nicking my bee sting aerial and me not cleaning it AT ALL lol.

It seems it's been delegated to "workhorse" status from "project" now as a lot of "behind the scenes" bits have been sold but it still looks much the same, just a few standard replacements on now such as standard filter, standard brake discs and pads going on as the others are worn out etc... so just gonna drive it about normally really until I can afford a new car. Don't wanna justify spending more on expensive replacements for consumables now. It won't pay off come resale time.

However, the new car option is looking unlikely, as I'm still skint! lol... so plans include getting the beast tidy again including a good wash and polish, new numberplates finally fitted, flush centre caps on the rear which need painting smoke grey... about it really.

It's running a few more standard bits now... so probably not worth seeking more power. I've fitted new components in the front though so thats an addition for ICE... but otherwise I just need to do the quick tidy up jobs and get some nice fresh pics! It's still an incredibly reliable car so I aint totally gonna give up on it, I need to take some pride in it in this weather and start washing it properly, as anyone who knows me will tell you it's rare I can ever be arsed to wash it. Need keep it clean so the dreaded rust doesn't come to eat it away now it's nearly 10 years old

Here's some filthy ones of it on it's "new" cavslabs:

[Edited on 12-01-2009 by Stokie Dave]
k3vmcb

12th Jan 09 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep the slabs on looks gd get a set of depos a setr of clear rear lights and tint them with tint spray then laquer them with a gun not a can
Matt L

12th Jan 09 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never been a fan of cav slabs if im honest. but.. pics taken bout 1min away from work
Haimsey
Premium Member

12th Jan 09 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive a set of clear rear MHW lenses if interested

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Stokie Dave

12th Jan 09 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I wish I had my DEPO's still now. I don't want any different back lights though

At most:

- DEPO's again
- Another Bee Sting Aerial (prob get a normal vaux one from scrappy and chop it though)
- New plates on (inc 3/4 size till I get pulled )
- Flush centre caps on the rear painted smoke grey of course
- Wash, polish, new pics lol

Matt, where do you work? I think I remember seeing a pic of your car outside Living Design? Used to sell them CCTV a few years ago when they were doing odd jobs amongst their home cinema stylee installs

[Edited on 12-01-2009 by Stokie Dave]
Haimsey
Premium Member

12th Jan 09 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considered the pug aerial? They are short and stubby IIRC about £7 posted off ebay.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Red Corsa Sport 1.6 16v, cars still going lol, got new wheels now 24 database queries in 0.0199819 seconds