corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Premier league 27th/28th

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Premier league 27th/28th
Marc

User status: Offline
28th Oct 07 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
That's cos' your a manc, simple plain fact you boys can't give credit out to liverpool.

I am quite happy to admit you have some fantastic talent in your team as I am a football fan and appreciate good players. if you cannot see why carragher is a shit hot centre back it's your problem

I'm not saying hes not good, as he clearly is. He is however a dirty player and not worthy of the praise he is given.
chris-sri

28th Oct 07 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good game, I listened to the first half on the radio and nipped to the pub for teh second half. Arsenal played some brilliant one touch passing football and really made Liverpool work hard. Arsenal had more possession and played the better football yet both teams had chances to win the game. Brilliant block from Gallas on Gerrards shot. Reina's not going to be happy about being beaten at his near post either. I think it was a fair result as Liverpool defended well and Arsenal didn't put the chances away. One of the most exciting games of the season for me and next week is going to be a cracker!

[Edited on 28-10-2007 by chris-sri]
Russ

28th Oct 07 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I don't think hes as good as you Liverpool boys make him out to be.

That's cos' your a manc, simple plain fact you boys can't give credit out to liverpool.

I am quite happy to admit you have some fantastic talent in your team as I am a football fan and appreciate good players. if you cannot see why carragher is a shit hot centre back it's your problem
i am not a manc, cara is a liability at the moment, he _should_ of lost you the everton match, but the ref was shit, and he slo today, commited fouls he got away with though
Tom

28th Oct 07 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will reserve judgement until motd.

But why would he get motm

Also even if he's had a few off games (which i'm not agreeing so far) does that make him unworthy of the praise for being an outstanding centre back for the last 3/4 years ffs
John G

28th Oct 07 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
I don't think hes as good as you Liverpool boys make him out to be.

i am not a manc, cara is a liability at the moment, he _should_ of lost you the everton match, but the ref was shit, and he slo today, commited fouls he got away with though

you only see all the needless fouls as you call them because he is everwhere he is out defence, the same as rio is to utd

yeh he shud have conceded a penalty at everton 90% of us lpool fans would admit that, but it happens in football, shirt pullin in the box is one of the biggest offenses that arent punished in modern day football

Cosmo

28th Oct 07 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking bad result. OK, it was a fair result, but when we had the lead and the chances to grab a second we didnt take advantage.

Firstly...Arsenal a great side, but they are also a bunch of diving cheating cunts. Fab dived atleast twice from what I remember, and Eboue is a fucking joke. Other than that they play some amazing football at times and deserve to be where they are.

Secondly...Alonso and Masch were for us today. Think I just read that Carra got MOTM, but IMO he was nowhere near as good as Masch was, and certainly Alonso up until he went off injured. He just showed what we have been missing whilst he has been out.

And lastly...we played a decent game. The whole game plan was thrown out the window about 5-10mins into the game when it became clear Torres just wasnt fit, and that meant the formation we were playing with Voronin and Kuyt wider just couldnt work. It also wasnt really something you could change with just one sub - although Crouch had a half decent game when he came on.

Overall...wasnt the best result for us, but certainly wasnt the worst. Hopefully another draw next week and a win for us and people can finally quit whining about us not being any good when we are still unbeaten and having played both Chelsea and Arsenal.
Cosmo

28th Oct 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh...and I will also add that Arsenal fans a close to the thickest in the country.

To shout hoof when it is actually a hoof is one thing - to shout it when a player makes a great 30yard pass, or a keeper plays it out to the midfield is another. Arsenal fans find it hard to tell the difference though.
John G

28th Oct 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you goin blackburn next week cosmo?
Cosmo

28th Oct 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
you goin blackburn next week cosmo?

Probably, gotta see if my mates a spare ticket as didnt bother trying to get myself one
John G

28th Oct 07 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah me too hopefully gettin one off a mate in work this week, 8 thousand they have given us
Tom

28th Oct 07 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like mascherano was good. Lawro on the radio was saying he's inneffective when we are playing on the counter, only useful when we're dominating completely even just off what i heard on the radio he sounded all over the place, maybe a bit eager at times. Looking forward to MOTD later, calmed down a bit now
Cosmo

28th Oct 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He was immense, but saying that he always is IMO and has been a quality signing from day one. We have to get him on a perm move and play him along with Alonso in the middle, with Gerrard either just infront or out wider with a free role.

We didnt play badly really considering how good Arsenal were, and how fucked up we were by Torres and then Alonso going off. We looked perfectly fine until 70mins when Alonso went off and we brough Arbeloa into the middle...should of brought Babel on IMO and attacked to defend as they looked open at the back at times.
Tom

28th Oct 07 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to blackburn at home last season (near start) completely different prospect now, they are playing really well. I think we can do them though they aren't dynamic enough, I just hope we have some players fit
Cosmo

28th Oct 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The funniest thing now is we can expect more 'Rafa and his rotation doesnt work' shite from the usual semi-skilled sensational bandwagon jumping journos. When if they took two mins out to look at the teams he has selected in the last 4 or 5 games he will see that he couldnt of picked a stronger side.
Tom

28th Oct 07 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
He was immense, but saying that he always is IMO and has been a quality signing from day one. We have to get him on a perm move and play him along with Alonso in the middle, with Gerrard either just infront or out wider with a free role.

We didnt play badly really considering how good Arsenal were, and how fucked up we were by Torres and then Alonso going off. We looked perfectly fine until 70mins when Alonso went off and we brough Arbeloa into the middle...should of brought Babel on IMO and attacked to defend as they looked open at the back at times.

Sounds like that really attacking formation might have paid of, they talked ab out babbel coming on for alonso and I thought they should have aswell, benitez should have stuck to his guns after selecting such a bold team. I was waiting for an arsenal goal as soon as alonso went off, honestly.

Oh and agreed we need to get mascherano signed now. Would be good to see somke strong performances to back this up now
Nath

28th Oct 07 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Squad Rotation FTW
Tom

28th Oct 07 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
The funniest thing now is we can expect more 'Rafa and his rotation doesnt work' shite from the usual semi-skilled sensational bandwagon jumping journos. When if they took two mins out to look at the teams he has selected in the last 4 or 5 games he will see that he couldnt of picked a stronger side.

Agreed, he takes so much stick, he won't fall victim to the bollocks media scum's effort to be rattled though. Our fans need to ignore it all aswell.
Marc

28th Oct 07 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath you semi-skilled sensational bandwagon jumping journo.
Cosmo

Yeah, I can see why he brought Arbeloa on to try to settle things and give Gerrard some free movement still, but think if he just went to a standard 4-4-2 and made Gerrard sit a little more then we MAY of stopped that goal coming.

Either way its certainly not a bad result, but the media will bitch and moan more and more, say how shite we are, blah, blah. Yet we are unbeaten, drew with what they are all going on about being this amazing team - and all whilst having a fair few injur problems.

Strength in depth.
dave17

We shoulda won, hit the post twice and squandered 2 open goal situations, dissapointed
Marc

28th Oct 07 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't win titles with draw scores cosmo
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
We shoulda won, hit the post twice and squandered 2 open goal situations, dissapointed

both were offside...one was def anyway.
dave17

and carragher needs to stop pulling people over in the box
Nath

quote:
Nath you semi-skilled sensational bandwagon jumping journo.

Cosmo

quote:
You don't win titles with draw scores cosmo

draw scores? or do you mean score draws?

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Premier league 27th/28th 23 database queries in 0.0158708 seconds