corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FA Cup 5th Round Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FA Cup 5th Round Banter Thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
16th Feb 08 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Its ok, you're winning the CL this year aren't you.

I dont care if we win nothing, the shit at the club needs sorting and so does the shite we have - maybe winning nothing will help do this.
Marc

I bet Fergie will have something to say about that kick!!

Was a dive!!! Looked like he'd just been gunned down!!
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
I feel sorry for Rafa as he'll get all the shit, but we had the chances to put this to 3 or 4 nil before they scored and if our forwards had any fucking clue we'd of walked that game.
Fair comment BUT who signed those strikers and selected them to play?
Robbo

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I bet Fergie will have something to say about that kick!!

Was a dive!!! Looked like he'd just been gunned down!!
I was joking

Tbf Nani deserved that kick
Marc

16th Feb 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol
ShEp

16th Feb 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bjackso2x
I reckon we just don't want it! Its a shame, but looks like the team have made the decision to not try.... just hope we don't get thrashed!

[Edited on 16-02-2008 by bjackso2x]

Never heard so much bullshit in all my life

Of course they want to win the cup, all clubs do, look at the games & revenue they will be giving up, just to play the normal amount of games?

I think they'd rather stay in the cup for the extra few games and recieve the revenue from it

They're getting beat, Arsenal are plsying like a 2nd rate team

And as for your comment, we'll see come May time
Limecat
Banned

16th Feb 08 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What a shower of shite our forwards are

Kuyt had an OK game for once, but other than his toe poked goal missed a few he should of scored. And as for Crouch - he is a fucking joke. He cant head a ball, and he cant put the ball in from 4yrds.

I feel sorry for Rafa as he'll get all the shit, but we had the chances to put this to 3 or 4 nil before they scored and if our forwards had any fucking clue we'd of walked that game.

It's lucky for Rafa that there is this whole ownership malarky which is being used as an excuse for stuff on the pitch. In a roundabout way it is actually protecting him. If they go out against Inter he would probably be in the dole queue otherwise...
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

At the time thats all we could afford, £30-35m a summer spread over 5 or 6 players.

If someone comes in and gives us the chance to spend double our average amount on a single player then we'd see a bigger change.
Robbo

ShEp you muppet Do you think we are losing 4 nil on ability??!?! I dont think so... we are losing 4 nil as we turned up not arsed exactly the same as a few weeks ago against Spurs and we have quite rightly got thumped for it
Robbo

quote:
quote:
quote:

At the time thats all we could afford, £30-35m a summer spread over 5 or 6 players.

If someone comes in and gives us the chance to spend double our average amount on a single player then we'd see a bigger change.
Torres
Robbo

16th Feb 08 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man Utd and SPurs have quite simply wanted to win these 2 games far far more than we have which is a discgrace IMO and I am very disappointed... its hardly for certain that we will win the league/CL this year so we should be goign all out to win the cups but we blatently are not!
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
It's lucky for Rafa that there is this whole ownership malarky which is being used as an excuse for stuff on the pitch. In a roundabout way it is actually protecting him. If they go out against Inter he would probably be in the dole queue otherwise...

Although Im not in the mood for you right now I shall reply to this...

He hasnt used it for an excuse once, he even pointed out he has the perfect ready made excuse in that and he refuses to admit it has effected the team or him in any way.

He wont be gone after the Inter game either. He is there until the end of the season atleast.
ShEp

16th Feb 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ShEp you muppet Do you think we are losing 4 nil on ability??!?! I dont think so... we are losing 4 nil as we turned up not arsed exactly the same as a few weeks ago against Spurs and we have quite rightly got thumped for it

On that pitch you's clearly are
Robbo

16th Feb 08 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatever, we stilla rent losing on ability you dingus otherwise we wouldnt be 5 points ahead of Utd in the league woudl we

ShEp

16th Feb 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5points isn't the end

we're busy just now, but we'll catch up

The fact you's have hedged your bets on the League and thrown the cup away on the back of a 5point lead is pretty stupid anyway
Limecat
Banned

16th Feb 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

Although Im not in the mood for you right now I shall reply to this...

He hasnt used it for an excuse once, he even pointed out he has the perfect ready made excuse in that and he refuses to admit it has effected the team or him in any way.

He wont be gone after the Inter game either. He is there until the end of the season atleast.

I didn't say it was Rafa using it as an excuse. I also didn't say he will get sacked after the Inter game, he would in other circumstances though IMO.

Agree he will be there until the end of the season as a club without a manager and facing a severance package isn't quite as appealing to an investor and that would reflect in the price.

I don't think he will be in charge next season, short of a minor miracle.
Robbo

16th Feb 08 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
5points isn't the end

The fact you's have hedged your bets on the League and thrown the cup away on the back of a 5point lead is pretty stupid anyway
It is very stupid agreed... busy just now? You had a week off last week leading up to City and still lost :S
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Torres

One player. Our average spend on a single player is well less than £10m.

And look how good Torres has been for that money. If we'd had another one or two of that quality we'd be well up there in the league.
ShEp

16th Feb 08 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
5points isn't the end

It is very stupid agreed... busy just now?

Yeah, tanking your ass 4-0

Only jesting mate,

I just dont agree with this turning up half assed, and throwning games away by ANY team, kinda pisses on the competition
Robbo

16th Feb 08 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fully agree mate, and this is the 2nd time we've done it and 2nd time the fans are gonna have to deal with shit

Cosmo... I agree but like |I say, he signed those players and they should be doign betetr for him
Robbo

16th Feb 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least on the plus side our players wont be tired as they did fuck all and its a few games saved to let us cioncentrate on the league

ShEp

16th Feb 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i'll be keeping an eye on them

because as said on the coverage on tv, arsenal started to fall apart this time last season,

so they better not lie back too much
Robbo

16th Feb 08 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same happened against spurs though and we bounced back with 4 wins on the bounce and led to us going 5 points clear so hopefully we'll do the same
Cosmo

16th Feb 08 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cosmo... I agree but like |I say, he signed those players and they should be doign betetr for him

They are doing aswell as their transfer fee reflects.

Crouch has scored as many as Rooney this season, yet cost about 1/4 of his fee. Benayoun has scored 10 this season which is fairly high for a winger - yet only cost £5.5m compared to Nani or wingers from other sides.

Im not making excuses, today and this season just hasnt been good enough, far far far from it. But to expect him to compete when you look at average spend on a player and the difference is a joke really.
Robbo

16th Feb 08 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair point

Although I'll wager in a few years your squad wikl cost considerably less in an Arsenal style

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » FA Cup 5th Round Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0160561 seconds