corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 GTi Vs Corsa GSi vid

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 GTi Vs Corsa GSi vid
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
18th Feb 08 at 00:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WU-TANG- DAN
my mate said this about it on facebook

glanza has too much boost going through front wheels, front wheel cars were not made for Turbo power, just N/A, 4 wheel drive is where turbo should be, to be honest a gti-r isnt a hatchback in the same league as a small sport hatch eg saxo / 106, corsa can be good, but still even a sri isnt that quick, and a red top just doesnt turn. 106's and vts's are awesome for handling, get a nice drop, cams, exhaust, remap and you will be looking at a type r beater. Obv evo / scooby are better at handling, but they are 4 wheel drive rally cars what do u expect? spend 20k on a gti and i am sure it will easily beat any evo / scooby, you seen bic's 106 gti? (look it up on youtube) that's had over 60k thrown at it, and that is by far, one of the best track cars you can buy.
106's and Saxo's will always be a regualr sight on a track, beacause spend 1k or so and you will have a track car that is not only quick, but very fun to drive. parts are also cheap. No matter what cars are on track there will always be a little french bullet. and no matter how badly made the drivetrain is they will always be populair for a good thrashing..... just a shame about all the 1.1's with lexus lights. I mean, they could save up for a nice 16v with 708's and a nice set of 45 webber bodies couldnt they??

Thats my 2 pence anyway mate,

Scooby's aren't better handling really. He is mistaking handling for grip.
Wrighty

18th Feb 08 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
yes and novas are rusty old 80's throwback shit heaps

if i had as much money in my nova as you had in your vrs...i think an 80's throwback shit heap would come out on top pal

gti came out later then the corsa, corsa came from a nova, novas started waaay back in the 80's..corsas replaced novas in 93..its older technology..the french designed a much better car..later

simple, but theyre still only french tin cans
Wrighty

18th Feb 08 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eckmcmann
quote:

glanza has too much boost going through front wheels, front wheel cars were not made for Turbo power, just N/A, 4 wheel drive is where turbo should be, to be honest a gti-r isnt a hatchback in the same league as a small sport hatch eg saxo / 106, corsa can be good, but still even a sri isnt that quick, and a red top just doesnt turn. 106's and vts's are awesome for handling, get a nice drop, cams, exhaust, remap and you will be looking at a type r beater. Obv evo / scooby are better at handling, but they are 4 wheel drive rally cars what do u expect? spend 20k on a gti and i am sure it will easily beat any evo / scooby, you seen bic's 106 gti? (look it up on youtube) that's had over 60k thrown at it, and that is by far, one of the best track cars you can buy.
106's and Saxo's will always be a regualr sight on a track, beacause spend 1k or so and you will have a track car that is not only quick, but very fun to drive. parts are also cheap. No matter what cars are on track there will always be a little french bullet. and no matter how badly made the drivetrain is they will always be populair for a good thrashing..... just a shame about all the 1.1's with lexus lights. I mean, they could save up for a nice 16v with 708's and a nice set of 45 webber bodies couldnt they??

Scooby's aren't better handling really. He is mistaking handling for grip.

mine understeers like fook its a big saloon though..it makes up for it elsewhere
Eck
Premium Member

18th Feb 08 at 00:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get me wrong John, I LOVE Subaru's, but I was just correcting that laddie
Wrighty

18th Feb 08 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know, and i fully agree matey
Paul_J

18th Feb 08 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also WuTang, I think a car that rivals bic's could easily be made for far far far far less...

I could get a bic beating 106 gti by chucking another 3-4k max at my car. No sweat.

My mate's VTS is doing quicker 1/4 mile times than bic's car. 13.8's and quicker.

Bic's car is heavy with the amount of wide kitted body work, plus it's gone to extremes, almost 'cost no option' in the spec. If you went a little bit less, without the bodywork, it'd beat bics! His weight from the bodywork just defeats the whole point of 106 gti's as it's their lightness that makes them amazing! His car has 208 bhp, yet goes slower on the strip than my mate's VTS with only 185 bhp!
mark_gsi

18th Feb 08 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

these threads get boring same crack all the time , most of the time its steve up 106 gti's arse's
Superlite Ltd.

18th Feb 08 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Tell your mate hes a moron

Too much boost going through the wheels ay? Webber bodies ay?
rob_zetec

18th Feb 08 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:yawn:
Daimo B

18th Feb 08 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it amusing how the same old people get so wound up by the same old post.
Daimo B

18th Feb 08 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I've seen that car.

Hmmmm 106 with 205bhp, or a brand new Nobel 400 with about £5k spare. Or even an Arial Atom S.......

Hmmmmm its a toughy.

[Edited on 18-02-2008 by VXR]
g-man

18th Feb 08 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Clio 182 is the best out there really, but ibiza cupra isn't far behind.

theres a vid out there somewhere of a 106gti racing a 182 round a track, and the 182 couldnt lose him for toffee, theres not as much difference as you would think

But it still won.

nope, it started in front, and ended up in front, im not sure the 106 could get past, but it certainly didnt lose any ground

Let me get this straight...

It started in front, ended up in front...but it still didn't win? You and your 106 fettish is sad. They're poorly built, unreliable french shit heaps that happen to be mildly quick. A 182 is a far superior car in every sense, other than the fact it's still a heap of french shite.
Daimo B

18th Feb 08 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, btw, 106GTi's are spanking little cars.

F-all torque, but then what sub 1600 has got lots of it?

Outright power is expensive to get.

But out the box, for its era, theres nothing better in terms of hot hatch superminis

Prior to that, it was the Nova GSi and 205 GTi (1.6) that held the best handling rights.
FruitBooTeR

18th Feb 08 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might be a fast little hot hatch but would it last around all those twisties without breaking. This is the French were talking about.

Not GTI but still french

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs83V0WxqQc
Rob B

18th Feb 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I was refering to this when I was talking about barges

You got your car's suspension sorted yet? Should be good Hope we all go out in the same session together, then we can all compare

Nope decided to save for the best ones so should be ordering this week, weitec hicon gtx same as KW apprently

Yeah hope we all get out on the same session
Rob B

18th Feb 08 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Might be a fast little hot hatch but would it last around all those twisties without breaking. This is the French were talking about.

Not GTI but still french

Goes to find video's of a corsa rallye car, ok nope, ... erm corsa track car, erm nope oh wait....

( Yes i know there are vids from a few people have built on here but none in top competitions)
Ryk

18th Feb 08 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by g-man
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Clio 182 is the best out there really, but ibiza cupra isn't far behind.

theres a vid out there somewhere of a 106gti racing a 182 round a track, and the 182 couldnt lose him for toffee, theres not as much difference as you would think

But it still won.

nope, it started in front, and ended up in front, im not sure the 106 could get past, but it certainly didnt lose any ground

Let me get this straight...

It started in front, ended up in front...but it still didn't win? You and your 106 fettish is sad. They're poorly built, unreliable french shit heaps that happen to be mildly quick. A 182 is a far superior car in every sense, other than the fact it's still a heap of french shite.

Your missinterpretating what his point is, I hate French cars with a passion but have just got a Vts purely because it was cheap as chips. I used to have a tuned 1.8 Sri C and that was quicker than Gti's etc but I'd spent shit loads on it and the handling was awesome! The Vts has cost me peanuts and is a better handling car and out of the box quicker. Yes the build quality is pants and leaves little to be desired but as far as track days go they don't get much better out the box than Gti's or Vts'. The Clio is a nice car yes but its newer and in my opinion incomparable with them. 172's and 182's are from the Gti180 years.
Daimo B

18th Feb 08 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B

Goes to find video's of a corsa rallye car, ok nope, ... erm corsa track car, erm nope oh wait....

( Yes i know there are vids from a few people have built on here but none in top competitions)

Be carefull saying what you don't know.

Corsa B 1.4 16v was widley known as one of the best cars for rallying in the 1.4 division. It still is to this day.

The 1.6 Super 1600 Opel Corsa rally C was also very very very competitive.

Corsa B also seems very popular in RallyX.

Also wide arch versions using 2.0 16v engines are widley used in oval racing.
Paul_J

18th Feb 08 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR

Not GTI but still french

Quality!!! That vid needs a 'Fail caption!!

How pissed off would you be at your team after that happens!
Steve
Premium Member

18th Feb 08 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surprised you havent seen that its well old
Paul_J

18th Feb 08 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only got the internet last week
Lucky B

18th Feb 08 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
I think a car that rivals bic's could easily be made for far far far far less...

Or beats it even. (in 1600cc spec)

[Edited on 18-02-2008 by Lucky B]
WU-TANG- DAN

18th Feb 08 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can someone link me to a youtube vid of bics car cos i looked and tried variations but nothing..
harrisp

18th Feb 08 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
can someone link me to a youtube vid of bics car cos i looked and tried variations but nothing..

bic 106 brought up loads of videos of it.
WU-TANG- DAN

18th Feb 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must of been cos i kept puttin pug in the search

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 GTi Vs Corsa GSi vid 22 database queries in 0.1912920 seconds