corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Chavski vs The Arse

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chavski vs The Arse
Robbo

User status: Offline
24th Mar 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well supposedly roman has left a £500m trust fund () to cover them in the event he leaves so that should see them through at least 3 transfer windows :S
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
But no Cosmo I don't think I look silly, I know Chelsea wasn't winning much till Roman came in to the club I admit that, it happend he bought the club and now we have won titles after he spent shit loads, it's happend.

I have been a Chelsea fan for nearly 15 years now, seen utter shit through this club and now good things have happend, just got to roll with it.

Obviously it's shit street if he leaves but im quite sure he wont.

So is that admission that you bought the title?

No I think it's more in terms of spending shit loads to win the league, it goes with out saying that to win the big trophies you need to spend money which we clearly did, but we could of spent all that money and won nothing, the players and the team might not of clicked and it could of gone really pear shaped, but it didn't thanks to Jose and the team.

Man City for exmaple, utter shite last season, they brought in quite a lot of new and good players, not the players we got but good players like Elano and Petrov and they shot right up the league, obviously they are going through a sticky patch right now but they imrpoved with the money and the players they got in, culminating with the new manager which is Sven.

So obviously huge amounts of money do help.
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris-sri
United have earned the right to spend £70 million on players by winning trophies and building the club up to that level. I don't think any realistic Chelsea fan can deny that without Abramovich's money you would never have won those two titles! Chelsea won't get rid of this reputation for a long time but that's the price of their success the same way as United were the most hated club in Britain because of their success and the way they used sponsorship etc to build the club.

As for the style of football that Chelsea play it is basic boring unimaginative football ie lump it up to Drogba who beats the crap out of a defender and scores. It has been very effective but I'd still rather watch the likes of Ronalso, Rooney, Fabregas, Hleb, Gerrard and Torres.
Agreed i used to hate utd before chelski cam ealong lol but i did at least respect the fatc that they had earnt their success and the money via good signings, good youth setup and good business nous

Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

man city agreed have done a chelsea... altho chelsa actually did a blackburn and i think ull find most people came out with the same comments the one time they won the league (a few years before they got relegated lol)

and leeds tried to do a blackburn too and they got what should happen to all teams who try to buy succes sinstead of earning it
Cosmo

24th Mar 08 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it amazing that you sneak along the edge of saying you bought the league, but you refuse to actually come out and say it
strick206

24th Mar 08 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I find it amazing that you sneak along the edge of saying you bought the league, but you refuse to actually come out and say it

I love the fact that they cheer a managers name who walked out on them
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because you can't 'buy' a league, don't you understand that, you don't walk in a shop and pick it off the shelf you have to earn it, we did that.
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

He got sacked, at least get that right.
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Because you can't 'buy' a league, don't you understand that, you don't walk in a shop and pick it off the shelf you have to earn it, we did that.
Agreed that its not as simple as just spending the money (as we proved to ranieri and his multi-million flops in 2004 ) but withoutn the money, well, you wouldnt exist let alone have won 2 titles
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

The same great fans who were booing grant yesterday before they turned round and won?
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Agreed that its not as simple as just spending the money (as we proved to ranieri and his multi-million flops in 2004 ) but withoutn the money, well, you wouldnt exist let alone have won 2 titles

I didn't think Robben Duff and Cech were that bad signings.....
strick206

24th Mar 08 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Robben? Injury prone? Moaning badger, who has left?

Also, picking three from 40 is not hard to do in any team
strick206

24th Mar 08 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

And why did he get sacked?
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cech is quality no doubt

Robben and Duff... Well, robben is technicallt gifted but the worst cheat ive ever seen in football (bar maradona) and has now left you as he couldnt get in your team? And duff was shite for you and will always a wasted talent, imo... nop idea what hes like for newc but u never hear about him and they r doing shite so i shudnt imagine he is doing too great up there
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Robben? Injury prone? Moaning badger, who has left?

Also, picking three from 40 is not hard to do in any team

Yeah well the 15 million profit wasn't to bad i guess.
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For every Cech/Joe Cole you've signed theres been a Veron/Shevchenko right up there with him...
p

quote:
Cech is quality no doubt

Robben and Duff... Well, robben is technicallt gifted but the worst cheat ive ever seen in football (bar maradona) and has now left you as he couldnt get in your team? And duff was shite for you and will always a wasted talent, imo... nop idea what hes like for newc but u never hear about him and they r doing shite so i shudnt imagine he is doing too great up there

WTF you talk shit, couldn't get in our team so signs for.......REAL MADRID, prob the best football team on the planet robbo.
Robbo

£15m profit on robben, how do you figure that out?
Robbo

24th Mar 08 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Cech is quality no doubt

WTF you talk shit, couldn't get in our team so signs for.......REAL MADRID, prob the best football team on the planet robbo.
he barely played at all last seaosn iirc

also, where u watchign real vs valencia yesterday? Yep, thjere he was on the bench
p

quote:
quote:
quote:

And why did he get sacked?

Because the owner and manager didn't see eye to eye, and the constant shit in the media was pissing the owner off i guess.
strick206

quote:

Yeah well the 15 million profit wasn't to bad i guess.

Didn't think you made that much on him? How much did you buy and sell him for?
Robbo

also, how are rela probably the best team on the planet?!
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Cech is quality no doubt

he barely played at all last seaosn iirc

also, where u watchign real vs valencia yesterday? Yep, thjere he was on the bench

Come of it you nob, some guy tried to take his ankle of a couple of weeks ago then luckily for the player two weeks later he was back because it wasn't a break, hardly gonna start the game after that.
He'd been in good form previous to that any way.
strick206

24th Mar 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looked, paid 12.1 million, sold for a reported 24, far from 15 million which you said though
p

24th Mar 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also, how are rela probably the best team on the planet?!

31 league titles, 9 european cups, shit loads of copa's and other titles, countless of superstar players to play for them, go figure.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Chavski vs The Arse 23 database queries in 0.0175500 seconds