corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're NOT a Premium Member...

Poll: If you're NOT a Premium Member...
Don't need site features 93 (38.43%)
Don't have a car to show 20 (8.26%)
Can already get show benefits by just turning up, ie. camping/food etc. 6 (2.48%)
Can't afford it 59 (24.38%)
Don't have a way of paying 21 (8.68%)
Other (please post) 43 (17.77%)

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you're NOT a Premium Member...
Tommy L

User status: Offline
15th Jun 08 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
quote:
Originally posted by nova_gteuk
Nah your an outcast like me
Can't you just be quiet? Jesus, I'd pay £1250 just to get your bandwagon silenced.

(No, not a typo, I did mean £1250)

I was joking

And for the record i have no bandwagon, im a single person and individual
one man band wagon
CorsAsh

15th Jun 08 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Repost. Calculate a new route tomtom.
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 23:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Scotty
Damn i never thought this would actually go ahead for a few months £8.49 i have in paypal atm

Is PayPal a payment option? I used my debit card.

They'd better send me a new one soon because this one runs out this month

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
R Lee

15th Jun 08 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
...why not?

In my absolute honest opinion, I don't think its worth the £12.50 now that I don't own a Corsa anymore.
I didn't use the image hosting as much as i thought too.
Perhaps an even more limited "semi" premium member could be an idea? Just enough space for like 5 pics? for like a whole English £1?

Still a great site, and I've been browsing since i've joined. Met a lot of peeps through meets etc.
Timbaland
Banned

15th Jun 08 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I selected other simply because if i was to sign up to every forum i use then i'd be a fortune.

That aside, I am signed to a MINI forum and you pay £20 and get window stickers, a keyring, a quarterly newsletter, discounted parts from selected dealers and free entry to any club shows if your car is showing.

Even if you offered this i wouldnt join firstly because i dont have a Corsa but its maybe an idea to hit a bigger target?

But its true, I think it was Ash or Whittie who says CS has a a large turn over of replies, And constantly has people replying if not viewing the site.

Not being the usual dickhead i am, But unless you have been on here for years then there really isnt anything persuading people to sign up other than having a picture next to your name.

Like whats been said most forums i use give these 'privelages' for free, Where as for the one's that do ask for money, You get something in return besides it being web based.
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 23:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R Lee, maybe a fiver and you get 20mb and an avatar?

[Edited on 15-06-2008 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Corsa_Scotty

15th Jun 08 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres an idea i can afford
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
CorsAsh

15th Jun 08 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Timbaland
Even if you offered this i wouldnt join firstly because i dont have a Corsa but its maybe an idea to hit a bigger target?

This is why I said earlier that Ian should focus now on WR. Take the succesful CS base, and expand on that with new members and a new focus. There are many more opportunities and good reasons for someone to sign up to a site that promotes frequent track days than one that is a single make orientated site, with occasional meets.

Being brutally honest, I think CS has gone as far as it can go. WR is the way forward, and given that the general audience on here is more mature (largely due to the hostile reception given to "dubious" characters), we need a more mature focus now.

[Edited on 15-06-2008 by CorsAsh]
Tommy L

15th Jun 08 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the only site i use regularly and i don't own a corsa anymore so keyrings etc dont really interest me anymore.

I've paid the £12.50 for the garage facility. You can get a lot of images in there and its easy to sort them into areas etc.. Would like to be able to host videos as well Oh and delete button please along with a 'move' button so i can move pictures to differnt vehicles/albums without having to upload again as im a lazy cunt
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Jun 08 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
free entry to any club shows if your car is showing.
I've thought about this one in the past but for example PVS is a tenner, Trax £15, so that is £25 if you do both so we would need at least 26 to cover transfer fee and that's before we've paid for anything else?
mattk

15th Jun 08 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
due to the hostile reception given to "dubious" characters

Lmao I couldnt agree with you more there, sometimes it is a bit harsh
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have an account with Imageshack which means I can go on there and get the link to any pic I want, when I need it, but it takes forever to load

Plus you can't sort them into categories etc. You can put "tags" on them but it's not really the same.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Jun 08 at 23:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Being brutally honest, I think CS has gone as far as it can go. WR is the way forward, and given that the general audience on here is more mature (largely due to the hostile reception given to "dubious" characters), we need a more mature focus now.
Hence why WR exists but there's no infrastructure there for payment yet and the CS model was get busy first then introduce membership. I don't think a low volume upstart should charge in the early days?
CorsAsh

15th Jun 08 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
quote:
due to the hostile reception given to "dubious" characters

Lmao I couldnt agree with you more there, sometimes it is a bit harsh
But it means we get the cream of the crop, nt the 1/2 wit wht spk lyk dis n stik shyte on dere cars cuz it luks bo yea.
Corsa_Scotty

I upload my photos on photobucket so i am not really bothered about a garage tbh
R Lee

quote:
quote:

This is why I said earlier that Ian should focus now on WR. Take the succesful CS base, and expand on that with new members and a new focus. There are many more opportunities and good reasons for someone to sign up to a site that promotes frequent track days than one that is a single make orientated site, with occasional meets.

The mature audience are the people that have been registered here for a long time. We've grown up and out of Corsa's, and generally have more disposable income to spend on our interests in cars.
The newbies will keep CS going, IMO.

I can't imagine there being many more people joining considering there are already well established car sites, for example, pistonheads.
Timbaland
Banned

15th Jun 08 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Mate, I read your reply a few times aswell and didnt even click on to that part.

Aye, A website that moves as fast as this , has the different types of people as this yet has the site based on no particular car will do well. Thats the main reason i wouldnt sign up tbh. I dont have a Corsa.

Corsasport is probably at its max, Other cars are affordable now so the Corsa B and C isnt the first time drivers first choice anymore.

Just my opinion but i reckon this thread has alot of good idea's and some definite answers for a sucessful future for WR.
CorsAsh

15th Jun 08 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Hence why WR exists but there's no infrastructure there for payment yet and the CS model was get busy first then introduce membership. I don't think a low volume upstart should charge in the early days?
No, that's not what I'm saying, it's like asking for a payment on a promise only.

I'm saying get WR upto CS speed and layout, maybe Trax is a good opportunity to increase awareness of the site.

Devote a small amount of the CS stand to WR if numbers dont permit a full stand presence, and make sure that when people go home and log on to WR at the end of the day that they don't want to leave again. If we needed some WR spec sheets/showplates then so be it, I'd even strap mine on round the ring if it'd help
Timbaland
Banned

15th Jun 08 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
free entry to any club shows if your car is showing.
I've thought about this one in the past but for example PVS is a tenner, Trax £15, so that is £25 if you do both so we would need at least 26 to cover transfer fee and that's before we've paid for anything else?

Dont take anything i say as i 'mines is better as yours' kinda way, just saying what people might find more appealing to part with cash.

In theory, When you pay the 12.50 you get nothing out of it. Where as just stickers or a key ring would be better.

Oh and that MINI site lets you pay £2 and they send out number plated with your user name on it so when you take picture of your car its covering your plate which is quite cool.
Corsa_Scotty

15th Jun 08 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet when people that are not signed up on here see the link and think well i own a Corsa C so i cant sign up on here becuase it states Corsa Sport which was a B
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Jun 08 at 23:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were considering half/half usage of the space. Makes the track session more viable as well.
CorsAsh

15th Jun 08 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by R Lee
quote:
quote:

The mature audience are the people that have been registered here for a long time. We've grown up and out of Corsa's, and generally have more disposable income to spend on our interests in cars.
The newbies will keep CS going, IMO.

I can't imagine there being many more people joining considering there are already well established car sites, for example, pistonheads.

But again, Pistonheads is a massive sprawling site. Think of it as Milton Keynes, everything covered but spread all over hell and a bitch to navigate.

And what WR could be is say, Newcastle. A lot of fun, in a more condensed area.

Ian
Site Administrator

15th Jun 08 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
just saying what people might find more appealing to part with cash.
Of course - but free tickets is expensive! If we gave out free PVS tickets to everyone who showed it would have cost us £800. That's a lot of burgers
Daveskater
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell you what, I had no intention of buying a Corsa when I wsa looking, but after 2 weeks of searching after passing my test, it was the only thing we'd seen that didn't have an oil leak, was good on insurance, and in my budget of 1k. After a bit I thought "I wanna join a Corsa forum" so typed "corsa forum" into google and look what popped up. I reckon that other people will find CS this way, seeing as it was top of the search results.

Ash is right about the "cream of the crop" as well, we manage to weed out the chavs and whatnot with their horrid DIY mods stuck on, and we don't end up like barryboys. And it's all the better for it.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're NOT a Premium Member... 23 database queries in 0.0328882 seconds