corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The RS has landed!

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The RS has landed!
BluKoo

User status: Offline
30th May 09 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
I bet your bro is going to go mad on that car when is he detailing it?

He's fully booked till next weekend, and then he's going away to Manchester, so it'll probably be the weekend after that.

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by BluKoo

the above is just sad and generally depressing to see. if this car is like you say the modern day cossie, it should be covered in mud and dead flies.

bless baldy though, going over it with his hair dryer. must be a right giggle in the pub.

Whats sad about it? My dad has just spent close to 30k and a brand new car. His son is a professional detailer, so why not make the most of it?

And that "hair dryer" shows up any little imperfection in the paint. Well worth using if you ever go to look at a car.
Nic Barnes

30th May 09 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its sad becuase its not currently getting an ass kicking down some country b roads. id imagine they spent a lot of time working with suspension etc to make the car handle as good as it does and perhaps less time on paint depths thinking that they were selling a hot hatch not a 30k driveway ornament.

maybe i just like driving too much. would rather drive than wash a car.
corsa_nation

30th May 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

- so if you could, then why not have a drive way ornament and a hot hatch in one?
Squips

30th May 09 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said by the man with the fastest corsa in the world and can't spell
Squips

30th May 09 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aka nicki barney rubbles
Jambo

30th May 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

white is deffo the only colour to get.

Looks good
Colin

30th May 09 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont get all the detailing tomfoolery that goes on. Paint depths are above my 'bothered-ness band' & frankly my eyesights shit anyway so paint defects wont stand out to me

I see the point in getting the bro to do the PDI though - why the hell not its a free tap'o the range service. Knocking it back would be like having Gordon ramsey as your old man & saying nah fuckit im making fish fingers tonight!!

I must say however after waiting as long as you have, Ford losing the car & finding it again etc, Id be grabbing the keys & wheelspinning the shit out of their showroom while giving a bird out of the window.

Id then go all colin McRae on some backroads
sand-eel

30th May 09 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

giving a bird out the window?
Colin

30th May 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sand-eel

30th May 09 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmm, I had my suspicions but thought I would write it anyway to get more E-points.
Nic Barnes

30th May 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I dont get all the detailing tomfoolery that goes on. Paint depths are above my 'bothered-ness band' & frankly my eyesights shit anyway so paint defects wont stand out to me

I see the point in getting the bro to do the PDI though - why the hell not its a free tap'o the range service. Knocking it back would be like having Gordon ramsey as your old man & saying nah fuckit im making fish fingers tonight!!

I must say however after waiting as long as you have, Ford losing the car & finding it again etc, Id be grabbing the keys & wheelspinning the shit out of their showroom while giving a bird out of the window.

its better to take it home and make sure the paint is withini 0.00001 of a mil in depth all around the car first, and if it isnt and is 0.00347mil out in certain areas, it needs treated immediately. driving is for puffs, paint depths and hair dryer toys are for real men. FACT.
sand-eel

30th May 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I would only ever fully detail a car that was maybe a ferrari 250 GTO that would never seen a main road ever again. Last one was sold for $28.5M christ.
Jake

30th May 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i heard you cant use megs 3 stage system on these because the wheels fall off apparently
Colin

30th May 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can almost understand the market for it, however I think its almost verging on OCD.

Ive seen multimillion pound precision engineering components knocked out in machine shops that dont get the attention to detail as some of these hatchbacks do.

Theres obviously a market for it though & people enjoy it so fair enough, im not here to mock someones hobby or business.

Its certainly not for me though. I see a car as a tool, a tool for my enjoyment. Paintwork comes far down the list for me, as long as it looks ok from across the road then im happy.

I certainly wouldnt pay someone £800 to make it look shiny when I can proably do an ok job myself with the old autoglym.

Each to their own though!!
Colin

30th May 09 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
TBH I would only ever fully detail a car that was maybe a ferrari 250 GTO that would never seen a main road ever again. Last one was sold for $28.5M christ.

Thats totally different though, if the cars an apreciating asset (I can think of only a handfull that are!) then its worth looking after it, but in the same way I wouldnt hang a van gogh in the garden hut.
Nic Barnes

30th May 09 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
i heard you cant use megs 3 stage system on these because the wheels fall off apparently

are they doing a recall on them?
Jake

30th May 09 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no because they say in the drivers pack to only use fairy liquid
Nic Barnes

30th May 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that not just for the mild green models only?
Jake

30th May 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

originally it was only for the green but they thought surely anyone who buys one of these will spend more time driving it than cleaning it so it was added to all handbooks regardless of colour.
DizzyRebel

30th May 09 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think prepping a car and waxing it before it leaves the showroom is a good idea - as paint is softest and most vunerable to damamge when its new. But i do think its a bit strange that you would spend longer than an hour or 2 cleaning a new car instead of driving it. I know when i pick something new up its usually on the limiter before it reaches the end of the street lol.
Marc

30th May 09 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome
Rob B

30th May 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colin

its better to take it home and make sure the paint is withini 0.00001 of a mil in depth all around the car first, and if it isnt and is 0.00347mil out in certain areas, it needs treated immediately. driving is for puffs, paint depths and hair dryer toys are for real men. FACT.

You really sound like a tool from some comments in this thread.

If the car has had damage in transit and then been repaired, it's something that might not show up in certain lights, so by measuring paint depths this would become apparent immiediatly. Oh and that's just common sense. My car hasn't been washed for 3 weeks.
BluKoo

30th May 09 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic obviously just doesn't understand that this car will get driven hard AND looked after.

You can have the best of both worlds.
Nic Barnes

30th May 09 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

edited, was un necessary comment to make. by bad.

[Edited on 30-05-2009 by Nic Barnes]
sam-smith

30th May 09 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

bless baldy though, going over it with his hair dryer. must be a right giggle in the pub.

that comment is funny though

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The RS has landed! 22 database queries in 0.0161951 seconds