corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly.

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly.
Cosmo

User status: Offline
19th Sep 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I think most people in here don't understand the banter in somewhere like a garage. Fair do's this has gone waaaayyyyy too far, but if they're his mates and it was an innocent mistake then fuck taking them to the cleaners. There's the usual slip, trip and fall claims but this is a bit different - he could fuck up his mates' careers.

I think you're being a stand up guy by not wanting to claim mate. But there's a line - if you're off work for months and you NEED to claim to get by, then you've got no choice and I'm sure they'd understand.

Ah yes, I see your thinking...

Fucking up a mates career is a no go, but scarring a guy for life, accident or no accident (in fact it wasnt an accident, it was pure stupidity), is fine.

Stand up guy my ass, these guy took the piss in doing this and so should he back at them. They deserve all they get.
Cosmo

19th Sep 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I know what you mean. Just, as someone said, that if they're claimed personally it'll maybe fuck them up for years to come. As said, there's a line, and only lozarus knows where that is tbh.

Yes, his scarring from second degree burns will not fuck him up for years....or his whole life.
Tiger

19th Sep 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't like piss-taking.................
Cosmo

19th Sep 09 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger

...spray brake fluid into the guys toilet cubicle when he is having a shite and burn him alive?
Tiger

19th Sep 09 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger

...spray brake fluid into the guys toilet cubicle when he is having a shite and burn him alive?

Yeah, something like that
Eck
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He should start a claim anyway, and find out who the claim is against. If it's his friends... I'd still clean them out
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If I were you though Id def claim against the two guys, and Id press criminal charges. Its all well and good that they have families, but they have taken things too far and caused you some damage that could effect you for the rest of your life.

And the insurance claim against the employer wont harm then in anyway (other than may be slightly increased ins premiums) as the insurance company is the one that pays out.

If the chemical involved were under the employers control via the two employees in question, I can think f half a dozen reasons why the OP would be in a position to sue the employer in this instance.

The bottom line is that the OP should seek legal advice and stop being a pussy about sueing everybody concerned.

FFs

'I'm in hospital because somebody set fire to me on purpose....but I wont bother taking it further because they are my mates....and I'm worried about losing my job'

You are 110% thinking/doing the polar opposite of what you should be thinking/doing.

You could have easily had 3rd degree burns for crying out loud, how much would you value your pecker not being charred to a crisp?

I dunno, I don't agree with claims for claims sake.....but there are instances (like this one) where a claim is very much valid.
Richardhhha

19th Sep 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh mate i think your being a donk for not claiming, if my mate did that to me i'd sue the shit out of him, sure i've had the whole set fire to your legs or electrictue each other with a coil pack but this is going to mark you for life, your going to suffer for months with this, and your going to let your so called mates get away scot free.. And if anyone asks i do know what garage banter is like i've been a tech for 7 years and have had to cope with physical attacks from members of staff and managers because my face didn't fit with them.. They got sacked and one got deported for it..
DannyB
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
one got deported for it..

Cosmo

19th Sep 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
If the chemical involved were under the employers control via the two employees in question, I can think f half a dozen reasons why the OP would be in a position to sue the employer in this instance.

I not so sure.

Yes if it was something these employees should not be using and therefore should be stored in such a way that they cannot access it, but Im guessing it is something they use daily for work and therefore access to it is simply part of their job.
Jules S
Premium Member

19th Sep 09 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jules S

I not so sure.

Yes if it was something these employees should not be using and therefore should be stored in such a way that they cannot access it, but Im guessing it is something they use daily for work and therefore access to it is simply part of their job.

Oh I'm so sure matey

Flammable chemicals in the work place = major risk assesments and permits to work.

I dont think either of the above will cover setting fire to an employee on the bog

The HSE are going to have a field day on this one, the OP's employers are going to take it badly in terms of fines.

To the OP....sign the companies accident book on Monday, and copy your solicitor in on it
RS6

19th Sep 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crazy!

believe me any long term damage to the face and you will not be happy!

sue them all!
alan-g-w

19th Sep 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
I think most people in here don't understand the banter in somewhere like a garage. Fair do's this has gone waaaayyyyy too far, but if they're his mates and it was an innocent mistake then fuck taking them to the cleaners. There's the usual slip, trip and fall claims but this is a bit different - he could fuck up his mates' careers.

I think you're being a stand up guy by not wanting to claim mate. But there's a line - if you're off work for months and you NEED to claim to get by, then you've got no choice and I'm sure they'd understand.

Ah yes, I see your thinking...

Fucking up a mates career is a no go, but scarring a guy for life, accident or no accident (in fact it wasnt an accident, it was pure stupidity), is fine.

Stand up guy my ass, these guy took the piss in doing this and so should he back at them. They deserve all they get.

No, you clearly don't.

I've not said what happened is fine in any way, shape or form. I even mentioned that he should claim if he needs to. But imagine yourself in the position of the guys that did it. Again, assuming it was an accident think how badly you'd feel about it. That your mate is taking legal action against you is the last thing you want to hear when you've just lost your job.

I got a hernia through work a couple of years ago and could have put a claim in, there were grounds for it. But I chose not to for the fact that I didn't feel I needed the money due to getting full sick pay the time I was off. I just felt that I hadn't lost anything that money could replace so didn't bother. I suppose some people are just made of different stuff.
J da Silva

19th Sep 09 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF a hernia doesn't really affect your life in the same way looking like Simon Weston could.
Danny P

19th Sep 09 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
TBF a hernia doesn't really affect your life in the same way looking like Simon Weston could.

will_ainsworth

20th Sep 09 at 01:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day, your be scared for life, u need a claim as women wont want to sleep with a waxed face will they! prossies ftw for you fella xxx o get well soon too! no but seriously claim if i were you, you would always regret, if u feel that guitly you could always give the money to charity. that money can go alot further than lining the insurance companies pockets for the xmas bash!
will_ainsworth

20th Sep 09 at 01:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take a photo on ur phone of this, send it to ur mates and say thanks!

Mertin

20th Sep 09 at 02:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chemicals in the work place all have to be registered under COSHH ( Care Of Substances Hazardous to Health) And when using them under a Permit to Work there must be a valid COSHH sheet attached whihc highlights the dangers of the chemical

^^^ All Under HSe Guidelines^^^

Bullshit did your mates have a permit and COSHH sheet for " setting an employer on fire while on the toilet"

Id claim / contact HSE and inform your employer of your actions and then sit back and watch the fireworks
will_ainsworth

20th Sep 09 at 02:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
Chemicals in the work place all have to be registered under COSHH ( Care Of Substances Hazardous to Health) And when using them under a Permit to Work there must be a valid COSHH sheet attached whihc highlights the dangers of the chemical

^^^ All Under HSe Guidelines^^^

Bullshit did your mates have a permit and COSHH sheet for " setting an employer on fire while on the toilet"

Id claim / contact HSE and inform your employer of your actions and then sit back and watch out for the fireworks

what if they catch him alight

[Edited on 20-09-2009 by will_ainsworth]
Graham88

20th Sep 09 at 03:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that man, ain't about that. Claim f'sure
liamC

20th Sep 09 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not read the whole thread so this may have been covered. I'm no legal expert, but will the company actually accept responsibility for something like this?

It wasn't work related so to speak - maybe they would try and pass on blame to the people who did it so you'd be claiming from them as individuals?

Talk about a joke going wrong, though - feck me.

I'm all for pranks, but anything involving fire is just plain fecking idiocy.
Twiggy

20th Sep 09 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And i thought a drawing pin on the chair was bad wholey shit!!!
the 6ft dream

20th Sep 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this not technically attempted murder?
Get the fuckers sued!
Cosmo

20th Sep 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the 6ft dream
Is this not technically attempted murder?

Not really unless the planned outcome was to kill him, which I dont think it was.

If he had died it would of been manslaughter rather than murder - but I dont think you can have attempted manslaughter as would just be gbh, abh or something like that.
lozarus

20th Sep 09 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for all your input, im gonna sign accident book on monday, h&s are comng in during the week and everyone who was at work has been made to write statements. looks like the compo route is gonna be calling....

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Prank at work, gone wrong on me, badly. 22 database queries in 0.2481031 seconds