corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool Vs Birmingham City

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Liverpool Vs Birmingham City
Nath

User status: Offline
10th Nov 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah tbh Ngog's theatrics did him no favours. He wasn't (just) jumping to avoid a challenge, he was jumping to win a penalty.
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
PS watch the slow mo in that vid and carsleys foot is aboitu an inch from the ball so those of you sayign hes never gettign the bal...

.....Are right because he actually missed it!!

You've just agreed with the 'notion' above roberto now you're backpeddling because you know he was never going to win the ball, hence making eduardo's dive much worse ( )
wwell by all your comments about avoiding injuries then eduardos was reasonable as he says he went down to avoid gettign caught and i njured again

and thats bollocks because i said originally that the concept makes sense but you dont know what woudl happen hecne you cant apply it. youre right he doesnt get the ball but he is about 1 inch away, my poitn being for you guys who said 'hes NEVER gettign it', hes hardly miels away,. hes within an inch or so
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Yeah tbh Ngog's theatrics did him no favours. He wasn't (just) jumping to avoid a challenge, he was jumping to win a penalty.

Oh of course, Im not just saying he was avoiding a kicking, but it makes no difference about the foul - Carsley doesnt jump in then its not a foul, Carsley touches the ball then its not a foul.

He does neither.
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

Oh of course, Im not just saying he was avoiding a kicking, but it makes no difference about the foul - Carsley doesnt jump in then its not a foul, Carsley touches the ball then its not a foul.

He does neither.

Say Ngog hopped over the challenge and the ball trickled out for a goal kick. What happens to Carsley then? Still a pen?
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and thats bollocks because i said originally that the concept makes sense but you dont know what woudl happen hecne you cant apply it. youre right he doesnt get the ball but he is about 1 inch away, my poitn being for you guys who said 'hes NEVER gettign it', hes hardly miels away,. hes within an inch or so

Last tie I checked you had to touch the ball for it not to be a foul.

Being within an inch doesnt matter.
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Cant judge a game on what ifs. If you cant see thats a dive then you need your eyes testing! He coudl have jumped it and lande don his feet and put the ball in the net maybe too, who knows. Cant judge on what ifs

Its not a what if, its fairly clear he is nowhere near the ball, Ngogs jump does not speed up or slow down the ball or Carsley. It also does not change where Ngog is on the pitch other than his height so therefore its easy to see he would of been taken down should he of not jumped.
it doesnt happen though so its still a what if. and he isnt nowhere near the ball, he (presumign you are talkign about carsley) is an inch or so away from gettign the ball hence not nowhere near
Tom

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
PS watch the slow mo in that vid and carsleys foot is aboitu an inch from the ball so those of you sayign hes never gettign the bal...

.....Are right because he actually missed it!!

You've just agreed with the 'notion' above roberto now you're backpeddling because you know he was never going to win the ball, hence making eduardo's dive much worse ( )
wwell by all your comments about avoiding injuries then eduardos was reasonable as he says he went down to avoid gettign caught and i njured again

The difference is that I wasn't saying which one was the 'worse-dive' earlier in the thread rob

Robbo

quote:
quote:

you also have to touch the man surely, which he didnt... by abotu a foot
Cosmo

quote:
quote:
quote:

He does neither.

Say Ngog hopped over the challenge and the ball trickled out for a goal kick. What happens to Carsley then? Still a pen?

Up to the ref to decide if he stopped a goal scoring chance and if the ball was under some sort of control, Id hazard a guess as he was heading towards the goal it would be a pen.
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

He does neither.
he also doesnt touch the man, therefore not a foul
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I dont think you have to.

Intent was there, and he impeded him so he had to jump.
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good debate this.
Cavey

10th Nov 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm assuming this is all that the last 4 pages have been since Cosmo got home from the match?
Tommy L

10th Nov 09 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1226592/VIDEO-SPECIAL-Ronaldo-Klinsmann-Gerrard-Owen-Gilardino--best-divers-football-history.html

nice from the Mail
this should be on there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyoRoLdWCWU
Danny P

10th Nov 09 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If not seen it yet so cant make comment, however you dont have to make contact for it to be a foul there just has to be an impedament (if thats even a word) to the payers progress.

However, seeing as it is a Liverpool player involved i'm happy to say he is a cheating cunt.

Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I'm assuming this is all that the last 4 pages have been since Cosmo got home from the match?

Not really, started when I wasnt even here.
Robbo

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, I dont think you have to.

Intent was there, and he impeded him so he had to jump.
But by that means then is the defender not allowed to make a challeneg then? Granted he doesnt get the ball but its hardly a rash challenge or anything, hes entitled to go for the ball int he fair manner that he did, the fact that Ngog flet he had to jump over the feet (ignoring the flop/dive in midair) then its not really impeding him surely
Conway563

quote:

I would imagine so as that is basically the Eduardo incident
Robbo

10th Nov 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure Joe, that one was given for a foul on Eduardo (which granted, despite some contact, was not a foul)
Cosmo

10th Nov 09 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
But by that means then is the defender not allowed to make a challeneg then? Granted he doesnt get the ball but its hardly a rash challenge or anything, hes entitled to go for the ball int he fair manner that he did, the fact that Ngog flet he had to jump over the feet (ignoring the flop/dive in midair) then its not really impeding him surely

He doesnt win the ball, thats the fact here. He was never going to if he jumped or not.

If he touched the ball then I wouldnt argue here, no pen and Ngog dived. But he didnt, and he went flying through exactly where Ngog would of been standing had he not jumped in the air.
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Im not sure Joe, that one was given for a foul on Eduardo (which granted, despite some contact, was not a foul)

Evo Mofo

I can't believe anyone is defending the dive.

http://i38.tinypic.com/mb688m.gif

If he is avoiding injury, he doesn't need to wave his arms around like Starfish Steve when he takes a dive.

Unfortunately its common place, but after the moaning Liverpool fans did regarding Eduardo and Ronaldo etc in the past, hold your hands up and admit that is a blatant dive.
Cosmo

Nath, if he was within an inch of him then to Robbo thats enough contact.
Danny P

10th Nov 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

[Edited on 10-11-2009 by Danny P]
Nath

10th Nov 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nath, if he was within an inch of him then to Robbo thats enough contact.

Eduardo is fortunate to be alive IMO.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Liverpool Vs Birmingham City 23 database queries in 0.0155849 seconds