corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED
Chris x

User status: Offline
4th Feb 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shocking.

He was totally in the wrong and now your not even going to take it further?

Could have taught the cunt a lesson, he will now go out there and false advertise other cars he sells noing that there is a good chance he will get away with it.
baza31

4th Feb 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell me this didn't come from brownroyd motors in Bradford ? Bottom of brownroyd hill . All accident damaged cars?
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my options are

1. Take it back, loose £100 straight away, have to find another with none about.

2. Keep it, get £300 back, meaning i paid £7200 which in the current market still seems reasonable for a 2007 120.

3. Have the hassle of taking him to court which could take months, cost me money initially and still end up without a car.
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Tell me this didn't come from brownroyd motors in Bradford ? Bottom of brownroyd hill . All accident damaged cars?

Yep...
DaveyLC

4th Feb 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
Well my options are

1. Take it back, loose £100 straight away, have to find another with none about.

2. Keep it, get £300 back, meaning i paid £7200 which in the current market still seems reasonable for a 2007 120.

3. Have the hassle of taking him to court which could take months, cost me money initially and still end up without a car.

If you start official preceedings I guarentee he'll pay up straight away AND have the car collected..

As for £300.. Why? You can prove there is atleast a £500 difference so you have every right to it.
baza31

4th Feb 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your mad keeping it , did u not think when u saw the smashed up cars . It may b hpi clear but 100% will have been in an accident .
baza31

4th Feb 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And the extra pack will be because they will have bought all off another bumped car from scrappers
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There were no other bumped cars down there at all on the day? Only nicely polished up Range Rovers and Leon K1's

Like you say it is HPi clear but doesnt mean it hasnt been in an accident.

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
whitter45

4th Feb 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i owuldnt take it personally - why line his pockets if is being the way he is

End of the day you have what every car seller wants - the money

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by whitter45]
Matt L

4th Feb 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally, I wouldnt keep the car, no matter how much hassel it will cause go through the courts, it will no doubt be settled outside of court as he has no leg to stand on, DO NOT accept anything less than all your money back and him to collect the car.
It is in no way your fault its 100% his so you shouldnt lose out on any money what so ever, he breached the contract so if you take him to court you will basically end up in the same position you were before you walked into hand the money over.

admitedly it may take a while to find a replacement but seriously do not settle for something you didnt set out to get and especially not when you loose out on money.
big eck

4th Feb 10 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your off your head keeping the car pal, as for the lesson learned its was his wrong doing not yours.

Like Matt says make sure you get every penny back, reclaim the tax and use every bit of diesel in the tank before you give it back.

Pop into the citizens advice and let them know whats happening and whats the next best step.

They will also write them a letter stating they have done everything wrong and what the outcome will be if it goes to court. It doesnt cost you a penny either only your time.

They will deffo crack and bend over backwards to make sure it doesnt get that far.
MarkM

4th Feb 10 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you understood contract law the idea is not to put you in the position pre contract, its to put you in the position you would have been if the contract was performed without breach. So technically you would be entitled to damages for inconvenience too.

[Edited on 04-02-2010 by MarkM]
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a bit of a predicament(sp) now as he wont give me my money until i give him the car, and i wont give him the car until i have the money.

Ive asked him to pay it into my bank tomorrow so its there before i drop it off Sat morning and he says he isnt getting into these games im playing.(he obv thinks once i have my money i wont drop the car off).

Idealy, i would get my £7500 back and then i can take it further for any other losses ive incurred.
Matt L

4th Feb 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id just follow the procedure to take him to court, he'll soon change his tune.
mwg

4th Feb 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do not pay him a penny for any depreciation, warranty etc. bull shit he is throwing at you. Its not your problem, its his fault for selling you a car that wasn't advertised correctly.
Mertin

4th Feb 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go with what everyones saying, deal with it through the courts

And its very likely when he finds out you are taking him to court then he will crumble and settle it outside court. Last thing he wants is having to go to court, lose and also have it broadcast in the local press probably.
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well hes offered me my money back(just not additional costs) so not a lot of point in going to court as thats the first thing they will ask.

Hes saying as i paid him cash, he will just give me this back, but i will have to count it all and any part of it could be fake, i dont trust anything about him anymore.
dhanson08

4th Feb 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt of thought he would still have cash the next day.thought he would put it in the bank after they shut.
FlamingCorsa

4th Feb 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just say cash is fine but so long as its ok for him to pop to the bank with you after you have brought the car back just for it to be counted and to go back in the bank straight away to save carrying around the cash! he wont try any games then

i bought a car once with a bankers draft and the guy wanted to put it into the bank while i was there to make sure it went in ok, so we just popped to bank when i was getting the car!
FlamingCorsa

4th Feb 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yea make sure if u do go back u leave it dry of fuel also, lol
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
just say cash is fine but so long as its ok for him to pop to the bank with you after you have brought the car back just for it to be counted and to go back in the bank straight away to save carrying around the cash! he wont try any games then

i bought a car once with a bankers draft and the guy wanted to put it into the bank while i was there to make sure it went in ok, so we just popped to bank when i was getting the car!

I did think of this but like my Mrs said, after everything hes done the likelyhood is he will hand me the cash and refuse to go to the bank with me, giving me no choice but to leave with it.
dhanson08

4th Feb 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just give him a slap.lol
FlamingCorsa

4th Feb 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I did think of this but like my Mrs said, after everything hes done the likelyhood is he will hand me the cash and refuse to go to the bank with me, giving me no choice but to leave with it.

if i was not working i would offer to come up with you as support cos stoke is not far from me!

just say cash is fine but would he mind coming to bank with your to pay the cash in cos you dont want to be carrying that cash around and counting it all etc, that way you dont actually have the cash at any time! then give him the keys to car after money is in account!

simple, hopfeully!
A2H GO

4th Feb 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

if i was not working i would offer to come up with you as support cos stoke is not far from me!

just say cash is fine but would he mind coming to bank with your to pay the cash in cos you dont want to be carrying that cash around and counting it all etc, that way you dont actually have the cash at any time! then give him the keys to car after money is in account!

simple, hopfeully!

Thats nice of you mate. Im sure we will be fine. Just do the exhange like you say. Im just checking to make sure Natwest is open Sat morning.
stubbsy05

4th Feb 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

simple, hopfeully!

When I bought a car from up North privately, I paid, signed docs, drove him to the bank, he cashed it and I dropped him home.

Tell him you will pick him up with the cash in his possession from his showroom, and drive you both to the bank. Cash the money with him and give him the keys.

At this rate its sounds like you'll be doing a hostage release type deal. Pull up, flash your lights, simaltaneously swap car and cash

OR just take a camera with you and pretend the person with you filming is from rogue traders off the bbc lol.

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I have no luck with cars :( UPDATED 22 database queries in 0.1203158 seconds