corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buyer DIES in 100MPH test drive of 106 Rallye.

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buyer DIES in 100MPH test drive of 106 Rallye.
Daimo B

User status: Offline
26th Feb 10 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295

so you take the piss when your hiding behind your keyboard. pretty low

the rules are no different as when i last checked you are still accountable for things you say/do

yes the chap i know who i am friends with is at todays funeral (as i said before) uses corsasport and i imagine he will be fairly annoyed at the complete lack of respect when he does look upon this thread,

im not here to change your opinion like ive said before and you have also said to not be disrespectful

I take the piss all the time. Sarcastic humour. Ask the old skoolers, i'll say anything to someones face.

Thats fine, you tell him to PM me his anger and frustration, so I can send back a load of faces

The chap you are friends with, ahhhhh, one of those my mates mates best friends dogs sister stories yeah
Dan295

26th Feb 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really we are in every lecture in uni together, it might be sarcastic humor which is usually fine but i feel that a little bit more respect is due which youve agreed so i dont know why your continuing
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im continuing becuase you and others keep replying to me directly, hence warranting another reply.

Its not really that hard to see or work out Your continuing this post by replying to me, hence it'll carry on going.

Are you saying the above reply, even not quoted, wasn't aimed at me

[Edited on 26-02-2010 by VXR]
Dan295

26th Feb 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was replying to the thread tbh, explaining where the connection was and that sarcastic humor isnt really the right place and a little bit of respect is due, if i was replying directly i would have quoted you
Brett
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll continue until he's got the last word tbh As long as everyone keeps feeding the troll then it'll react. Anything for a bit of controversy.
Daimo B

26th Feb 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
He'll continue until he's got the last word tbh As long as everyone keeps feeding the troll then it'll react. Anything for a bit of controversy.

Was wondering when you would have a pop again, was gonna say, its been a while.

All we need is strick206 and a few others and its like 2005 all over again.

Troll troll troll...
Brett
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More a factual comment than a pop tbh.
dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
More a factual comment than a pop tbh.

+1
dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by dangermouse2503
10 years eh? So that gives you the right to disrespect someone?

Dosent matter if you know them or not but hey, as you quoted 'if you cant beat them join them.....'

Your the type of people that Stav raged on about in Redline November 2009 about 'The Internet: the last bastion of free speech.

About users on forums that talk with big words and has a username like 'The Prof' or 'King tuning expert' or in your case 'VXR and that they just like to think they know more than others due to there user name but know nothing.

Particular bit that makes me laugh is the last word on it were Stav quotes '....Geeks dishing out insults safe in the knowledge that they can't get punched on the nose like they would if they said that stuff to a stranger in person.

I believe you fall well into this category VXR as, becuase your boss is out and you have time on your hands, you've got on here and decided to upset a few people safe in the knowledge that nothing will happen to you aside from a few harsh words against you.

Like I said, others don't show respect so your just a sheep following the rest baa baa baa

If you knew the story, you would know my previous username was Daimo B.
I left for a while, I came back, my account had been corrupted. As we'd just got an Astra VXR, it made sense....

Do I know anythign about Vauxhalls? Doesn't even merit a response. No, I don't know ANYTHING at all about them. Try my site <--

Boss is out = Play day

Internet hardness - Jesh hello 2002......

pot kettle and black springs to mind. Like stating I wouldn't understand the tech spec of a particular cars engine in the other post

whats to disrespect about someone I don't know anything about Get a grip.

Sethy, indeed it is, the family has just been found guilty of it, its quite a big trial going on at the moment.

[Edited on 26-02-2010 by VXR]

Whats your site then?
ajscorsa

26th Feb 10 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

his fotki under his name
dangermouse2503

26th Feb 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ajscorsa
his fotki under his name

Cheers
leeshez

26th Feb 10 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Opps thats a mess.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Feb 10 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Corsasport is not a place of respect.
It may not be for you but I abhor your attitude towards this one.

This guy was a young lad with an interest in cars, same as most people on here. That alone should be enough for you to demonstrate some compassion to the fact that even if you personally don't know him, other people might. And even if people on this web site don't, a great many people on a very similar web site do. That for me is a big burden to accept, particularly as it may be the case that this could be a CS incident with a CS member, the likes of whom you could have exchanged communication with only hours prior to a sudden and untimely death.

The fact his friend saw the air ambulance fly over illustrates for me the complete and utter devastating affect that this road accident has had on the lives of people who knew him and indeed the wider community who don't who could be in that exact same situation.

You may also wish to consider the feelings of people with young children who were also affected by the disappearance of a young child.

Obviously you've nothing in common or you choose not to associate yourself with it, but for those people who are, or who can see the link, jokes and contempt are simply not appropriate.

You are not the spokesperson for this web site.
tom-gardiner

26th Feb 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Oh FFS some people on here

What do you want me to say? RIP? Yeah, that makes it all better.

People die, people make jokes about it, thats life. Get over it. Its only the internet

+1
corsa_paz

26th Feb 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Originally posted by corsa_paz
100mph?? if he didnt kill himself, someone else would have died like a inncocent member of the public..

This kind of comment annoys me a bit. In this instance the crash didn't involve any other members of the public so I don't know why or how you can say that...?

I've driven like an idiot, as I'm sure a good few others on here have too. There's a time and a place for it though, which I got reminded of when I nearly rolled a mk3 astra at 60mph - now I stick to around 30 in built up areas but only let go a bit when I know almost for a fact that it's going to be safe. Driving too fast everywhere's just too much of a risk to take. It's just a shame that the driver's not able to learn from this mistake and absolutely shocking that he took someone else with him.

edit: macaveli, if I'm in someone's car and I feel like they're driving outwith their abilities I tell them. It usually makes them go a bit sheepish and turn it down a bit.

[Edited on 26-02-2010 by alan-g-w]

Like i said, if he didnt crash and die, then someone (innocent member of pulblic) could have.. its not hard to understand that is it?

ive never seen so many 2 faced people on in (not directed at you), that many find it funny to joke, very graphically, about maddy mccann, MJ, Jade Goody etc but want to pay respects to the guy who died?! why!? because he was a car enthusiast?? MJ could have loved cars too!? lol
Many people openly speak out racism? is that okay? you hide behind ur emachines, but could you say something racist to a black guy?! NO!!

i feel sorry for him and his family, but no more than that..i dont know him and to be fair doing 100mph is asking for trouble. I really dont understand the youth of today, where do you think your going to drive 100mph on uk public roads??!

No thanks to the driver, my insurance will continue to rise thanks to drivers like this!
DANKZii

26th Feb 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day, nobody knows, or will ever know weather Gav tried to tell him to slow down, encouraged him, or sat saying nothing.
But the op has posted this on a car website, knowing that many people here could be in this situation in the future.
This is what 'could' happen.
If its saved one life from stupidity, then it has stopped someone having to go through the same as one family has had to go through.
Imo, if youve got nothing good to say, dont say anything.
jaffa

26th Feb 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DANKZii
At the end of the day, nobody knows, or will ever know weather Gav tried to tell him to slow down, encouraged him, or sat saying nothing.
But the op has posted this on a car website, knowing that many people here could be in this situation in the future.
This is what 'could' happen.
If its saved one life from stupidity, then it has stopped someone having to go through the same as one family has had to go through.
Imo, if youve got nothing good to say, dont say anything.

spot on
Limecat
Banned

26th Feb 10 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As I said on another thread VXR is a bellend.

He was the one banging his 'PVD are OK' drum as he was banging their accountant.

VXR cost a lot of people a lot of money with his matter of fact attitude. The guy is a tosser TBH. Isn't he called Damon or something IIRC?
Ben G

26th Feb 10 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no more jokes about michael jackson, maddy mccann, jade goody, farrah fawcett, patrick swasy etc etc now...

taylorboosh

27th Feb 10 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this thread is stupid, i agree with most of what daimo said...

why has no one answered if anyone knows him? because the people who have had dealing have seen threads on the net and briefly spoke on the phone. good lad? yes maybe. did i know him? no. do i feel sorry for him? maybe, if he had been forced into a car speeding, but he obviously willingly got in, and if he wanted the lad to stop he couldve made him, he has had fast cars himself so no doubt driven fast before at some point, they imo where BOTH very unlucky, wheres the fucking sympathy for the driver or his family, hes 3 grand down lol couldnt resist

ian - i lol at your statement while its very politically correct, wasnt it you that did the quad thread??? dont those two have families ect? just because they where theifes doesnt mean there parent where bad people too?
Colin

27th Feb 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shoulda bought a Toyota Prius tbh?
sumner2k3

27th Feb 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was one of my best mates.. went to his funeral yesterday, still cant belive it has happened
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 10 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
why has no one answered if anyone knows him?

That is up to them. I assume because they would rather think about it privately than contend with some of the heartless bastards on here. One person has asked to have their account deleted because they knew the guy and read this thread. I would guess there are others reading and not replying.
quote:
Originally posted by john-d
wasnt it you that did the quad thread???
Indeed it was, and no, this is not a similar death. Stealing things and escaping on a stolen quad on a railway track is inherently risky and obviously something they all considered taking on. If you ask that guy whether he thought a test drive would kill him, I'm not sure he wouldn't have considered it on par for danger.

Clearly, it can kill you. For me the shock aspect is the big thing and the fact that the day started a normal look at a car with a few mates. As I said, I was particularly put out by the other lads waiting for him. That realisation that he wasn't coming back must be one of the worst things you can ever imagine.

[Edited on 27-02-2010 by Ian]
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 10 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sumner2k3
This was one of my best mates.. went to his funeral yesterday, still cant belive it has happened
Sorry to hear that.
Jake

27th Feb 10 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Dan295

so you take the piss when your hiding behind your keyboard. pretty low

the rules are no different as when i last checked you are still accountable for things you say/do

yes the chap i know who i am friends with is at todays funeral (as i said before) uses corsasport and i imagine he will be fairly annoyed at the complete lack of respect when he does look upon this thread,

im not here to change your opinion like ive said before and you have also said to not be disrespectful

I take the piss all the time. Sarcastic humour. Ask the old skoolers, i'll say anything to someones face.

what a load of bollocks. If you walked up to a bunch of lads in person and they were talking about this topic. You wouldnt have the nerve to say anything. Thats the problem with the internet, it gives people a false sense of confidence, and thats all you feed off when you sign in here

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buyer DIES in 100MPH test drive of 106 Rallye. 22 database queries in 0.0136979 seconds