corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another failed M32 gearbox thread....

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another failed M32 gearbox thread....
Nath

User status: Offline
19th Jan 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
cos u tawk pish m8

Eck
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why is that a case of internet exaggeration? Because it's not something cheap? It's fucking clear that an air vent failing wouldn't get as much press as it won't cost over a thousand pounds to fix. THAT is why it is talked about a lot It simply should not fail after 23k. This is not a case of loads of shit drivers appearing out of nowhere, because more cars would be breaking, not just Vauxhalls with the M32 in particular I am awaiting the day one of the two CDTi Vectra's in my household have a fucked 'box. I will be straight on here to tell you all how shit they are.
Eck
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
All 3 of mine have been lovely.

All in the same car I presume?

2005 Astra VXR 6,500 miles to 28,000 miles no issues
2007 Corsa VXR 0 miles to 17,000 miles no issues
2008 Astra VXR 2,500 miles to 26,000 miles no issues.

This is the first case of a mega miler not failing that I have come across.
neil h

19th Jan 11 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had A quick looksie on google and came across a couple of websites basically saying the VXR/CDTI 150 are actually pretty close to the rated torque of the M32 box. So it sounds like it could be some pretty shoddy design work in Vx behalf tbh.
big eck

19th Jan 11 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When mine failed I went to vauxhall to try my luck as the car was not long out of warranty, I was told that there has been reported faults with the box in question and that vauxhall was aware of the problem. They still didn't fix mine tho the fucks lol.
Eck
Premium Member

19th Jan 11 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A reported fault... I would have been quite pissed off with that. They are aware of the problem, but that information won't benefit you what so ever now that you have to fork out over a grand
neil h

19th Jan 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a shame very few people tune Saabs/Alfas/Chevrolets/fiats, 'cus it seems to be that the only cars having issues with the M32 are Astras seeimingly 'cus there are torquier than the other cars that use the M32 box.
big eck

19th Jan 11 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly lol. They just showed no interest as I expected, pls mine was modded quite a bit so that would have also halted my chances of them fixing it.

The place that did fix it had a cdti 1.9 van on the ramp when I went in with the exact same problem but his mashed every gear except 1st strangely lol.
neil h

19th Jan 11 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would have to be one hell of a downshift to total 1st.

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another failed M32 gearbox thread.... 22 database queries in 0.0366180 seconds