corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football thread Sponsored by "The Tourettes association"

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend football thread Sponsored by "The Tourettes association"
Ben D

User status: Offline
9th Apr 11 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Wigan, Wolves & Blackpool will go down, Although i don't want Blackpool to go down mostly because Ian Hollloway is quality

although saying that i don't think there is a team in the league which would go down and not come straight back up with the quality they have/finances.
Ben D

9th Apr 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back to the 'who should we support' subject, My mum used to live across the road from the birthplace of Manchester United on Bank street so they are my local team.

I still follow Stalybridge Celtic though as i used to play for their Juniors [even though they are boring as hell to watch ]

[Edited on 09-04-2011 by Ben D]
Cavey

9th Apr 11 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Bpool and Wigan would struggle to come straight back up tbh, Bpool scraped up when they did, obviously they've made the league entertaining this year, and given themselves a chance of surviving.

Wigan can barely get a crowd in the premiership, I hate to think what their attendances would be in the championship

The championship is a tough league to get out of.
Ben D

9th Apr 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree Blackpool did scrape their way into the Prem, but they are a really different side to how i remember them last year, but i still think they would have enough quality to bounce back considering the way they have played this year against prem opposition.

Also alsong as there wasn't a mass exodus from Wigan of their best players were they to be relegated they would have more than enough quality

Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITFC are staying down
Ben D

9th Apr 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United Line up

Tomasz Kuszczak

John O'Shea
Smalling
Vidic
Evra

Gibson
Scholes
Anderson
Nani
Valencia

Berbatov

Subs: Van der Saar, Brown, Owen, Park, Hernandez, Carrick, Fabio

Surprisingly no Ferdinand or Giggs even on the bench, Glad to see Berbatov is getting the start though, looks a really fresh team, wasn't expecting Kuzsczak to start though

As usual Hoping Fabio can get on at some point to help with his development, kids a star in the making.
Jamie Walby

9th Apr 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which of the 2 twins is the one that usually plays? They confuse the hell out of me
--DAN--

9th Apr 11 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
Which of the 2 twins is the one that usually plays? They confuse the hell out of me

Rafael.
Cavey

9th Apr 11 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --DAN--
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby

Rafael. The filthy little inbred shit cunt.
Ben D

9th Apr 11 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's not that filthy, not saying he hasn't made some bad tackles but i wouldn't say he is malicious, he'll learn, you can't deny they are talented though, they ripped Arsenal apart & can play in near enough any position.
Cavey

9th Apr 11 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Fabio looks a lot better.

Rafael doesn't know how to tackle, he's a disgusting little shit, waving imaginary cards last time I saw him play added to my hatred even more
Ben D

9th Apr 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't say i have seen him waving imaginary cards but i hate that too Rafael is great though, until he got sent off against Bayern last year he had Ribery in his Pocket the whole match which i think is testament to his talent.

Yea Fabio has always been widely regarded as the better of the 2, He's just not had the same oppertunity to show it that Rafael has, I'm glad he is making his breakthrough now though, just a shame they both seem to go off with the slightest knock.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rafeael is the more reconised player out the two mind
MJFF88

9th Apr 11 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ipswich V Palace! Lets see how much trouble Connor Wickham causes us (Not a lot I predict)
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 14:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1-0 berbatov
Ben D

9th Apr 11 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Berbatov is probably the best back up striker you could ask for

You have to say we probably have the squad with the most strength in depth this year.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its quite a fascinating squad because theres no huge world class names there, apart from rooney, valencia, nani etc, even they arent as big as the likes of messi, and ronaldo a few seasons ago

goes to show that not always the massive names make the best teams

[Edited on 09-04-2011 by Steve]
Ben D

9th Apr 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i dunno, Van der Saar, Vidic, Evra and Rooney are all undoubtedly up amongst the best who play in their respective positions.

plus we have alot of understated players such as Giggs, Scholes, Valencia and Park for example.

But i think Uniteds success this season has alot to do with the improvements made by players such as Smalling, Nani, Rafael, Fabio, Anderson and Hernandez who's performances this season will have shocked alot of people as they are all much better than they were last year - I think Welbeck & Cleverley will be the same next year.
Ben D

9th Apr 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also 2 -0
Ben J

9th Apr 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cunts.

Fulham rolling over.....Hughes favour to Fergie...bum chums...etc etc

[Edited on 09-04-2011 by Ben J]
Steve
Premium Member

9th Apr 11 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont be absurd
Ben J

9th Apr 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're being absurd if you think i'm serious.
Jamie Walby

9th Apr 11 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Rafael is good but needs to stay on his feet?

[Edited on 09-04-2011 by Jamie Walby]
Cavey

9th Apr 11 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evra has looked past it in the last few matches, he'll be gradually replaced by Fabio next season i'd imagine.

As I said in the other thread, you're nowhere near the team you used to be, but everyone in the squad has done the job they needed to, and even though i'd argue about the strength in depth, compared to the other teams, it's much better.

Cheslea screwed up in the summer by trimming their wage bill and losing a lot of players who could of filled in for injuries.

Other note.

Huddlestone is back for Spurs, hopefully he'll avoid injuries for a while now and get a decent bit of form.

"Cheslea need a goal, is it Torres who's come on....." "No, Benayoun and Mikel"
Ben D

9th Apr 11 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd agree he didn't do too well in the Chelsea game midweek, might just be tired though, he's already played 39 games for us this season, probably the only defender we have had who hasn't had a long spell out through injury this year? still an amazing LB when fresh.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football thread Sponsored by "The Tourettes association" 23 database queries in 0.0158691 seconds