corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Thread sponsored by Justice for the 96 & Iberian Airlines

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Football Thread sponsored by Justice for the 96 & Iberian Airlines
Pop

User status: Offline
15th Apr 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm off to Wembley on Sunday, should be entertaining hopefully. Come on Bolton.
Dr Pepper

15th Apr 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Ben is allowed an opinion. Alot of people have a similar opinion. Just seems if you dont agree with Liverpool fans then you get flamed.

He can have an opinion- he's just completely wrong though. Not just me that thinks so- so does every official and independent review that has taken place. The facts of the day are pretty clear and widely available. Football fans were sent to their death and then left to die. If the Liverpool fans had not reacted so well, and looked after each other as best they could, hundreds more would and should have died.

Your welcome to disagree- but anyone who does is wrong- or just ignorant of the events of that day
Russ

15th Apr 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every Liverpool fan was impeccably behaved. Anyone who thinks differently is wrong
Nath

15th Apr 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Every Liverpool fan was impeccably behaved. Anyone who thinks differently is wrong

Yep. Liverpool fans were 100% blameless.
Ben D

15th Apr 11 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Same as Heysel mate, 100% blameless!
Nath

15th Apr 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
quote:
quote:

Massive coincidence that it was Liverpool both times. Not related at all. Luton were hugely unlucky to miss out on what wouldve been their only European campaign after winning the '88 League Cup.
Dr Pepper

15th Apr 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

This comment shows you havnt got a clue- this was the exact same lie the sun newspaper tried to make stick- the two incidents are completely different- if you don't understand why- then I'm afraid you know very little about the two events- and it's probably best you don't open your mouth about it
Nath

15th Apr 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Ben.
Dr Pepper

15th Apr 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant find the best documentary on the disaster....

But this one might give you some idea of what actually happened - the last three parts are especially good, dealing with the lies that were told after the event

6 short parts - well worth watching
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN1P6FYoJ40
Nath

15th Apr 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's beer o'clock I'm afraid.
Ben D

15th Apr 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not watching some documentary, As i don't care enough about the subject to invest that much time in it.

In all honesty most of my comments are intended to bait people[no malice though], however if you believe that Liverpool fans weren't to blame even partially in either event then i would say it is you who is blindly ignorant
Steve
Premium Member

15th Apr 11 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont understand how people can get so irate about a joke (albeit in bad taste) that they would want to hit someone over it, unless of course someone close to you was involved.

Its no different any tradgedy that happens in the world and gets poked fun at, just so happens you support a football team. I think people pretend to get angry over these kind of things as they think it makes them some sort of die hard fan

[Edited on 15-04-2011 by Steve]
Ben J

15th Apr 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed Steve. These same people will piss themselves laughing over other similar events but because it's their team is suddenly a disgrace. Definate NIMBY's (Not In My Back Yard).
Ben J

15th Apr 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But anyway...less about squashed scousers and back to the footy.
Tommy L

15th Apr 11 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Barcelona to win all 4?
16/1
Dr Pepper

15th Apr 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm not watching some documentary, As i don't care enough about the subject to invest that much time in it.

In all honesty most of my comments are intended to bait people[no malice though], however if you believe that Liverpool fans weren't to blame even partially in either event then i would say it is you who is blindly ignorant

I didn't say anything about Liverpool fans at heysel- the events are not connected- it wasn't the same people at each game was it? Heysel wasn't caused by opening a gate and letting 5000 fans who turned up late due to m6 roadworks into a ground without any crowd calming, fail to divert them into the empty side pens, then letting them all go down a hill into a tunnel with no way back out, leading to the crushing to death of kids in the middle pen which had been overcrowded an hour before klick off.

Other difference with heysel is that they had an investigation where people were charged and convicted- hillsborough had a smear campaign led by the police and the sun and those who were responsible got off without charge.

Heysel was caused by football hooliganism, poor stadia and poor policing..... Hilsborough was caused by the criminally negligent police force- not by the fans- the fans were the only thing that prevented hundreds more from being killed

I don't get why people who admitt they don't know or care about what happened would feel the need to go on a public forum and say something controversial- is it just for attention or what?

[Edited on 16-04-2011 by Dr Pepper]

[Edited on 16-04-2011 by Dr Pepper]
Eck
Premium Member

16th Apr 11 at 00:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Is this song funny Ben D?

"Who's that dying on the runway?
Who's that dying in the snow?
It's Matt Busby and his boys
making such a fucking noise
coz they can't get their aeroplane to go!"

Selective humour my ass Eck, it's irrelevant whether or not I knew someone, they were people who had the same passion as I do who didn't deserve to die, i'm not willing to make light of them losing their lives for the sake of fitting in with you lot ffs, epsecially as Whittie poited out on the anniversary. Tell me i've got no sense of humour or that i'm a hypocrite it doesn't matter to me one tiny bit.

[Edited on 15-04-2011 by Tom]

At what point did I say you had no sense of humour? But aye, it's hypocritical to laugh at other sick jokes, but not to this. Of course they didn't deserve to die. Most people don't Fans of opposing teams do this to get a reaction. Fucking hell they certainly got their wish

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Tom obv has never laughed at anything a bit dodgy.....Downs Syndrome, Maddie McCann, Princess Diana etc etc.

As I said, call me a hypocrite all you like. I'm safe in the knowledge that if this was etcdhed into the history of your clubs you lot wouldn't be making light of it, which I guess makes you lot hypocrites as much as it does me. I know opposing fans will say things to get a reaction but trying to look cool laughing at this on the anniversary of the day it happened isn't within the boundaries of what I consider to be ok, 'sports day' or real world, it's irrelevant to me.

Trying to look cool? Yeah, that's my plan mate Get a grip. There are things etched into my clubs' history that get taunted by fans. 02/01/1972 in Ibrox. But I won't go in a fucking strop on an internet forum about it. When did you become a crabbit cunt?
Eck
Premium Member

16th Apr 11 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Massive hypocrite mate. You certainly are.

If it had been Arsenal fans I obv wouldn't be making the jokes but i'd expect jokes to be rife.

Its life.

Still don't think the "96" need "justice" for anything.

They are dead. Move on.

The justice is about several things, the main thing is the peace of the families of those who died. Would you like it if someone you loved died and were laid to rest amidst a sea of bullshit about what they were doing at the time, and to top it all off you know that a. it could have been prevented and b. no-one has been held accountable for it?

I don't expect other fans to understand, that doesn't mean i'm not entitled to get riled by them acting like nobheads just because they are sat behind a computer. If someone said that shit to me in person i'd chin them without a second thought. I'm seriously not trying to sit on a high horse it's just the way I feel.

I'll reiterate my last point about what happened in Ibrox. I wasn't there, I wasn't born But there are questions still left unanswered. But I wouldn't hit someone for something I wasn't even involved in
Eck
Premium Member

16th Apr 11 at 00:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
I just hope Real beat Barca in the Champs league so we meet them in the final for a couple of reasons, A, So we can beat the Team Ronaldo left us for & B, i think we had a better group of individuals in the final 2 years ago and we didn't manage to beat Barca then so i feel we would have a better chance against RM.

I couldn't really care about their domestic games.

[Edited on 15-04-2011 by Ben D]

Would be a cracking final but at the same time it'd be scary playing against Ronaldo.

He doesn't look like the Ronaldo that played for us though, atleast not in the Spurs games Imo, I think Evra would do well against him, infact our defence is much better than spurs as a whole.

Ronaldo would rip the pish out of Evra at the moment. He looks like a liability. Making very VERY rash challenges. I'd go as far as saying Izy from Celtic is looking better
Ben D

16th Apr 11 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea your right, he looked a mess in the last 2 Chelsea Games especially.

I think he is just in need of a rest though, he's played all but 1 league game this year more than anyone else in our team and he looks rather tired.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Apr 11 at 02:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evra cant stay on his feet atm, no pun intended
mwg

16th Apr 11 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone has been watching Real Madrid this season you'd see what I meant about Ronaldo, he has been on fire. Scored nearly 30 goals in the league I think? Totally agree with Eck too about Evra, he seems determined to give away freekicks on the edge of our box at the moment.
Tommy L

16th Apr 11 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of mistakes having been mounting up since the West Ham game a few weeks ago. Not really noticed any before that game though.

As much as I dislike United, I want them to smash City today.
Mike GSi

16th Apr 11 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone know what chanel MU - MC is on today? I cant find it!
Tommy L

16th Apr 11 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITV1 - LAAAAAME

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Football Thread sponsored by Justice for the 96 & Iberian Airlines 23 database queries in 0.0244880 seconds