corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents...

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People still living at their parents...
Robbo

User status: Offline
15th Nov 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hang about, i am living life to the full and forgetting about owning a property the ownership of where i live is of no interest to me, personally. i have plenty of savings and continue to save in the ways i think are most sensible (ie. mix of cash, shares, pension etc.) and like you Aj., for nothing in particular but it's nice to have something there so that at some point, it can be put to good use
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These threads end up the same way every time.

The people that live at home are happy.
The people that have bought their own house are happy.
The people that rent a house are happy.

And everyone tries to force their own opinions down the other peoples throats to make each other unhappy

[Edited on 15-11-2011 by mwg]
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by pow
If I could move out on 750 a month once again I'd be gone. To do it on my own I'm looking at 1.5k. So to go HALVES with someone that's 750.
Not meaning to pick on you deliberately Pow but that is laughable! I live on my own in a brand new flat in Canary Wharf and it costs me not much more than £1.5k a month. I lived in a massive 2 bed flat near Oxford which cost me exactly £1k a month with full Sky etc.

It can be easily done.

I don't even bring home 1.5k a month FFS so what do you expect me to do, live in a the negative for the rest of my life? Fed up of hearing about your brand new flat Canary Whaft, well done to you
its about the 2nd time its been mentioned... My point is, it's eminently possible - you brought up about finding somewhere thats gonna cost £1.5k and I'm telling you that's utter bullshit. You can easily find somehwere that costs half that and is within your means
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
These threads end up the same way every time.

The people that live at home are happy.
The people that have bought their own house are happy.
The people that rent a house are happy.

And everyone tries to force their own opinions down the other peoples throats to make each other unhappy

says the ginger who lives at home
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by willay
Yeah Robbo but you are a full on corporate slut with your big flash city boy job, you've sold your soul.
lol a long time ago matey! FYI i am not a city boy my socks are blakc for a start!

Full on wannabe city boy, seen them come and go mate. Expensive sandwiches and beers on a Thursday after work.
Jake

15th Nov 11 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Get a bird then you fucking jaffa.

what so i can be just as miserable as you
John

15th Nov 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would rather be mortgage free by the time I'm 50 (hopefully well before then) than still be paying someone else's mortgage.
willay
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking headshot
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah Robbo but you are a full on corporate slut with your big flash city boy job, you've sold your soul.
lol a long time ago matey! FYI i am not a city boy my socks are blakc for a start!

Full on wannabe city boy, seen them come and go mate. Expensive sandwiches and beers on a Thursday after work.
i hate city boys although i do like Leadenhall market...
Eck
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moved in with my mate a couple of months ago and it certainly was an eye opener On my first attempt, I flooded the wash machine because I didn't know it uses it's own water to mix the powder and poured a litre in the wee door thing

To tell the truth, I love having my own place for the fact it's right next to all the pubs and clubs But my mate is now engaged and will be getting married in April, and I'll happily move back home to where every single thing is done for me
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
hang about, i am living life to the full and forgetting about owning a property the ownership of where i live is of no interest to me, personally. i have plenty of savings and continue to save in the ways i think are most sensible (ie. mix of cash, shares, pension etc.) and like you Aj., for nothing in particular but it's nice to have something there so that at some point, it can be put to good use

My bad Robbo, with your yuppie exterior, i thought you had a mortgage on your flat. I was right then, you are living the high life
Robbo

15th Nov 11 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even i could not afford to buy my flat high life for me it is

my mortgage free comment in kolings thread was a pisstake!
DaveyLC

15th Nov 11 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I would rather be mortgage free by the time I'm 50 (hopefully well before then) than still be paying someone else's mortgage.

But John the issue is people have this whole "I must get on the housing ladder" thing stuck in their head so they end up getting an un-affordable mortgage deal paying a grand a month and getting them about 50 pence of equity every month..

...Dont get me started on interest only!

Who's the mug?

My advice (take it or leave it):

Save your pennies for a deposit, fuck flashy cars etc. use the fact you're living at home as a good excuse to save like a mofo!

If you have to move out and you dont have a deposit, rent until you do! Renting is cheaper than buying in every respect if you dont have the capital up front.
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How does renting mean you can live life to the full Aaron? It quite often costs more per month than a mortgage does Unless you are talking about not having to save up a ridiculous deposit in the first place.

willay
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 11:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Canary wharf mate, you are worse then city dwellers as you think you are better than those in the square mile. DLR motherfucker etc
willay
Premium Member

15th Nov 11 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
How does renting mean you can live life to the full Aaron? It quite often costs more per month than a mortgage does Unless you are talking about not having to save up a ridiculous deposit in the first place.

Not tied down, can fuck off quickly, not being the BOE's Bitch etc. or not
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

I dont agree, but, thats just my opinion.
mwg

15th Nov 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
Originally posted by mwg

I dont agree, but, thats just my opinion.

Not looking for an argument or anything. Just curious how renting means you are having a better quality of life than you would have if you had bought
James

15th Nov 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Canary wharf mate, you are worse then city dwellers as you think you are better than those in the square mile. DLR motherfucker etc

I own a property, I don't think I'm any better than people that live at home. In the current climate, living at home is a reasonably sensible option.
Jake

15th Nov 11 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont have to worry about shit going wrong for a start, if bills are included in the rent you dont have to piss about with all that
C2RL R

15th Nov 11 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought my own house with the ex in 2003. It was a wreck so we decided to strip it from top to bottom and renovate the lot. That was a bad decision as we had no clue what we were doing and not a lot of cash to pay someone. We were having problems in the relationship anyway and the extra stress of the house made it far worse. We ended up splitting up in 2004. She wanted to take the house on so she inquired about it with the building society but her wages were too low to cover the mortgage. I reluctantly ended up buying her out. I found myself in an uninhabitable house with no money and no idea what to do. My parents invited me to stay back at theirs while I scraped some money together to get the house sorted. I wasn't earning much at the time and that proved near impossible. My old man being the legend that he is offered to front the money to sort it only if I sold it afterwards and gave him a share of the profit. I didn't have much choice really as we had totally stripped the inside so the house was worth less than what I owed. We slowly renovated it over 2 years. Long time I know and I won't bore you with the reasons. By the time it was finished it was a bad time to sell as people couldn't get mortgages so it took over 3 years to go! Made about 25k after paying my dad back etc. I promised myself I would have a fun year and then look at buyin another house of my own. A couple of months ago my best mates invited me to stay with them in Brisbane for a year to see if I fancy a permanent move there. This will be in July next year so I'm staying put at my folks house til then and saving like fuck.
Sorry for the essay!
Aaron

15th Nov 11 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Not looking for an argument or anything. Just curious how renting means you are having a better quality of life than you would have if you had bought

As you rightly pointed out, the process of saving for a deposit is a killer for most people. I pretty much sacrificed my social life for 2 or 3 years to save the money up which i needed.

My opinion, certinly where i live anyway, is that mortgage payments on a property are more than what rental would be on that same property.

Although there are fees involved when renting, i personally think that the purchase fees to buy something are more then renting.

Put it this way. In the future, when i buy a property with the Mrs, i arent looking forward to going through the whole process again.
N3CRO

15th Nov 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
cant understand anyone at the age of 18+ living at home unless their virgins or mentally disabled
[Edited on 15-11-2011 by Jed D]

Can't understand why you can't understand it.
What a stupid thing to say tbh.
James

15th Nov 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron

My opinion, certinly where i live anyway, is that mortgage payments on a property are more than what rental would be on that same property.

It varies massively as the rent on a property is solely based on the property, whereas mortgage repayments depend a lot on how much you put down as a deposit.

My mortgage is £1200 a month and my property would rent for about that too.
N3CRO

15th Nov 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Yeah, they're like a bunch of jehovah witness' ain't they!

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » People still living at their parents... 22 database queries in 0.0178301 seconds