corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » RIP Gary Speed

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RIP Gary Speed
Hammer

User status: Offline
1st Dec 11 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First we've heard of that scoob mate, do you have industry insiders?
scoob
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mother does.
Robbo

1st Dec 11 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
First we've heard of that scoob mate, do you have industry insiders?
nonsense, i thought the same from the beginning - it has to be soemthing bizarre imo
scoob
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 15:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will put money on the information i have provided is 100% correct.
Hammer

1st Dec 11 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was joking ffs, it is common knowledge
Eck
Premium Member

1st Dec 11 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, I hope the stories are left as rumours and the tabloids let his family grieve in peace without some sordid story coming out. Wishful thinking that there will be a bit of decency when there's money to be made though.

[Edited on 01-12-2011 by Eck]
Ben J

1st Dec 11 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red tops - decency. Yeah right!
chrisritch

1st Dec 11 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No doubting it will be The S*n
John

1st Dec 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it would be something worse than gay.
Robbo

1st Dec 11 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kiddy fiddling?
John

1st Dec 11 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More along those lines yes.
Neil

2nd Dec 11 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tribute to Speedo at the Newcastle match on Saturday, which is a sell out:

quote:
Welsh tenor Gwyn Hughes Jones will perform Bread Of Heaven in tribute to the late Gary Speed before Newcastle's home game against Chelsea on Saturday.
Hailing from Llanbedrgoch, Anglesey, he made his professional operatic debut in 1995 with Welsh National Opera as Ismaele in Nabucco. Among the roles he has sung for the company are Duca in Rigoletto, Rodolfo in La Boheme, Nemorino in L'Elisir d'Amore, the title role in Gounod's Faust and most recently Pinkerton in Madame Butterfly and Don José in Carmen.
He has also performed roles for other British companies and in Europe and America. Jones' extensive concert repertoire includes Verdi's Requiem and Mahler's Das Lied von der Erde.
He has appeared with many orchestras, among them the Academia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia, Trondheim Symfoniorkester, the Israeli Philharmonic Orchestra, the Royal Flanders Philharmonic Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra, London Sinfonietta and Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Jones will lead the 52,000-strong crowd in a rendition of the hymn while supporters in the East Stand hold up black and white cards showing the number 11 - the shirt Speed wore at Newcastle.
All supporters will be provided with hymn sheets at the turnstiles, and upon completion of the hymn a minite's applause will take place.

[Edited on 02-12-2011 by Neil]
C2RL R

2nd Dec 11 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the gay thing is true then tbh he would never have been accepted in the football world.
Ben J

2nd Dec 11 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
If the gay thing is true then tbh he would never have been accepted in the football world.

Are you serious?

Course he fucking would? Who cares? Its views like yours why the poor cunt possibly topped himself.

Gareth Thomas came out and he's a rugby player which is a hell of a lot more "manly" sport than football. No one gave a shit.
JonnyJ

2nd Dec 11 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Homophobia is still rife in football Ben. That and he had a family, it would have ruined him.

Justin Fashanu got slated when he came out as gay. Sol Campbell got shit loads of abuse from fans (not just spurs) and that was only rumours!

There really isnt many openly gay footballers out there, i cant think of any, but i bet theres plenty who are gay but wont come out because of the prejudice still in the sport.

[Edited on 02-12-2011 by JonnyJ]
Ben J

2nd Dec 11 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About time someone came out tbh. I really don't think it would be an issue, especially in the UK.

His family would rather him gay than dead I reckon? It would have been tough at first of course for both parties.

I used to be homophobic when I was younger because it was "cool". But then when I started working in hotels, which as an industry has quite alot of gay people, I grew up. Some of my good friends that I met at work are gay. So I don't see a prob.

If a player/manager is gay, and gets gay chants at him from opposition fans, its no worse than being called a paedo/sheep shagger/cunt/rapist etc etc which happens week in week out ? And at least its true.

[Edited on 02-12-2011 by Ben J]
JonnyJ

2nd Dec 11 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the thing though, when its paedo/cunt etc its just banter, both parties know it isnt true, its meant in jest, and both parties can take it that way. If people are chanting vile things at you because they/you know its true, thats going to hurt you. They will be singing it to have that effect. No-one chants paedo at Wenger to get him to break down in tears, its just a play on the fact he buys lots of youngsters, he knows that.

The fact is Rugby is a very middle class sport, football in the main is still a working class sport where being homosexual puts you up for abuse. Thats just the way it is, its not right, but it is what it is.

Maybe he thought the turbulance of finding out he was gay would destroy and split his family? We'll never know.

Anyway, its all just speculation so not really worth discussing.

Ben J

2nd Dec 11 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30k fans chanting that you are a paedo/rapist is beyond banter IMO.

Also Gareth Thomas played out the last of his career in Rugby League which is very working class.

But yeah...its all speculation atm.
JonnyJ

2nd Dec 11 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without going too much off topic, i would say it is just banter. Reasons being (if we use Wenger as an example) He isnt a paedophile, hasnt been a victim of it and neither have his kids to my knowledge. If any of those were true then its too far, its personal and designed to hurt the guy. The fact they only sing it because he buys young players is just a long running joke, its harmless, im sure he isnt losing sleep over it. Its part of the banter that happens in the game, like if an opposition player dives, you call him a soft cunt, or a southern fairy, or a puff. All things you wouldnt say to them in person, but its just in match banter, part of the game, players/managers expect it and get on with it.

If a ref makes a poor decision he usually gets chants of "whose your father referee" followed by repeated "bastard!" Again, its not personal, its just in match banter. Its said during play and after that its forgotten.

The line is drawn for me when you actually get personal, like Lennon getting attacked and bullets in the post (even though he is a cunt) or racist chanting at a player of a different race. Those are specifically designed to cause hurt and have no place in football.
Ben J

2nd Dec 11 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah see your point. Although there is still that element of (thick) fans who are serious, don't see it as banter, believe what they are chanting and mean it.

[Edited on 02-12-2011 by Ben J]
mwg

2nd Dec 11 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I agree.
Jamie Walby

2nd Dec 11 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ

There really isnt many openly gay footballers out there, i cant think of any.

Stefan Freund.
Ad Blue B

4th Dec 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP Speedy, he lived a lot of his life just a couple of miles away and was a family friend, only seen him recently.

A lot of people throwing comments about stating that its harsh etc, but end of the day he might of thought that it was best for his family and friends, we'll never know, no one on here will know what it feels like to make you think of doing what he did, its such a shame as he was doing extremly well with the Wales squad as well :/
C2RL R

4th Dec 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:

Are you serious?

Course he fucking would? Who cares? Its views like yours why the poor cunt possibly topped himself.

Gareth Thomas came out and he's a rugby player which is a hell of a lot more "manly" sport than football. No one gave a shit.

Shut the fuck up you bellend. I wasn't saying he shouldn't be, it's just the way it is.
Robbo

8th Dec 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rumour doing the rounds on twitter, and the source says it's been confirmed by a top newspaper, that Gary Speed's wife has been having a 13 year affair with Duncan Ferguson and Gary Speed's youngest son is Ferguson's!

Probably bollocks but fucking hell that is bad if it's true!

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » RIP Gary Speed 23 database queries in 0.0200901 seconds