corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rangers

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rangers
Hammer

User status: Offline
14th Feb 12 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worst part about it for the neutral that. They have shagged the taxman for tens of millions and are now in the process of negotiating a deal with them which if it doesn't come to fruition they will write off their entire debt and start again.

Brass neck.
JonnyJ

14th Feb 12 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Officially in admin now.

Celtic win the league.
mwg

14th Feb 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interesting
Chrissy
Premium Member

14th Feb 12 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just shows how much of a joke the SPL is when after our 10 point deduction Rangers are still 9 points above Motherwell in third.

>>>> Chris <<<<

JonnyJ

14th Feb 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy
Just shows how much of a joke the SPL is when after our 10 point deduction Rangers are still 9 points above Motherwell in third.

I was just about to come post this

Absolutely shocking, they could still qualify for europe if they saw the season out
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Feb 12 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to be out of admin by march though
Marc

14th Feb 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A comment on the SS website:

riversider says February 14, 2012 3:20pm

Administration is just a way for the club to wriggle out of it's commitments to the tax authorities and others it owes money to. I don't care how much history the club has, if it can't pay it's way it should be shut down.

Fair point but I wouldn't be thinking the above if I was a Rangers fan!
JonnyJ

14th Feb 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Administration is just a way for the club to wriggle out of it's commitments to the tax authorities and others it owes money to. I don't care how much history the club has, if it can't pay it's way it should be shut down.

Leeds did exactly the same and Leicester. They got away with only paying something like 10p in the pound of the debts owed Still grates on me to this day as when we went into admin we had to pay 90p in the pound
Lawrah
Premium Member

14th Feb 12 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is all I have to do.
mwg

14th Feb 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Worst part about it for the neutral that. They have shagged the taxman for tens of millions and are now in the process of negotiating a deal with them which if it doesn't come to fruition they will write off their entire debt and start again.

Brass neck.

Yeah the bunch of twats it's a joke!
JonnyJ

14th Feb 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

Brass neck.

Yeah the bunch of twats it's a joke!

Quoted.

With the amount of debt wracked up in United it could eventually go the same way. Not many new owners would like to take on that debt, easier to let the club drop into admin, pay 10% of the debt and acquire you that way.
mwg

14th Feb 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something would have to go seriously tits up (obviously) for that to happen. And the debts decreasing all the time. I think the Glazers are in this for the long haul.

Was just thinking yesterday that no one had mentioned Man Uniteds debt for a while

[Edited on 14-02-2012 by mwg]
Nath

14th Feb 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Leeds did exactly the same and Leicester. They got away with only paying something like 10p in the pound of the debts owed Still grates on me to this day as when we went into admin we had to pay 90p in the pound

Leeds and Leicester have alot to answer for.
JonnyJ

14th Feb 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Something would have to go seriously tits up (obviously) for that to happen. And the debts decreasing all the time. I think the Glazers are in this for the long haul.

Was just thinking yesterday that no one had mentioned Man Uniteds debt for a while

[Edited on 14-02-2012 by mwg]

Like Fergie retiring and failure to make the CL

Like you say, its unlikely but if it did come to that, unless the guy buying is an oil boy likelihood will be they will wait for the club to drop into admin and purchase it with a fraction of the debts.
emicen

14th Feb 12 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JonnyJ

14th Feb 12 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be a scottish in joke
Hammer

14th Feb 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's me and Edd.
Rick Draper

15th Feb 12 at 00:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by the times
The source said that HMRC wanted to choose the administrators because it was concerned the club’s management would try to arrange a controversial “pre-pack” form of administration.

A “pre-pack” would allow Mr Whyte to buy back the club debt-free and leave the taxman and other creditors to collect just a few pennies for each pound owed.

The source said that HMRC could not seek to place Rangers in administration for the “theoretical debt” relating to the EBTs while it was being challenged by the club.

Last night Mr Whyte said: “The club did not want or anticipate having to take this course of action but had no option. We had hoped that continued dialogue with HMRC would mean that a decision on administration would not have to be taken for ten days while all other avenues were explored. Due to its cost structure, the club has been loss-making for many months. This situation has resulted in increasing liabilities and the club has been in discussion with HMRC regarding these liabilities.

“These liabilities, combined with the threat of the outcome of the tax tribunal, left the club no option but to formally restructure its financial affairs.”

Dr Chris Brady, a football finance expert, estimates that at least eight top English football clubs are being investigated over unpaid tax. “Rangers may be the tip of the iceberg,” he told The Sun. “EBTs became popular with clubs as a means of reducing crippling wage bills. We believe at least eight current or former Premier League clubs are being investigated.”

[Edited on 15-02-2012 by Rick Draper]
Hammer

15th Feb 12 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I won't bore anyone with the shitey details but contrary to popular belief HMRC are actually not as powerful as they once were in terms of preferred creditor status.

Should the cookie crumble they are well down the list of those 'to be paid', which makes sense them trying to protect any future revenue generation Rangers would have.

The pre-pack administration avenue is one that's been looking likely for a while but it appears Whyte has played his hand and HMRC have called his bluff.
sc0ott

15th Feb 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what will happen next season, will they have the same players as this season or will they be forced to sell or pay off players?
It would be funny seeing the shitter teams beating them on a regular basis
Hammer

15th Feb 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Every single decision they now make in a financial sense is dictated to them by the administrators with zero input from, at the moment in time, the old board of directors.

The decisions will be made based on the priority - creditor repayment.....everything else.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Feb 12 at 03:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30 million missing from our accounts. Has been rumoured of a few people interested in taking over
Hammer

17th Feb 12 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's more than £30 million missing.

The £24 million from Ticketus hasn't ever been near a Rangers FC account. You guys should hunt Whyte down and burn him at the stake. Absolute crook.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Feb 12 at 09:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i thought that would help i'd do it. but him dying would mean we never see that money again

let the police sort it. i think its funny how he has been blaming murray for this mess, but it was his unpaid tax bill of 9m that has put us in administration. even though we have just recieved roughly 30m.

when murray was in charge we were reducing our debt every year
chrisritch

17th Feb 12 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mandaric interested

Rangers are fucked

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Rangers 24 database queries in 0.0126920 seconds