corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you work?

Poll: Do you work?
Yes I work 153 (91.62%)
No I don't work as I can't get a job 5 (2.99%)
No I don't work as it's not worthwhile with the benefit system 4 (2.4%)
No I don't work because of another bullshit excuse 5 (2.99%)

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Do you work?
rossnomore

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 12 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt say "clearly". thats basicly how you worded it...
Cardiac Kid

22nd Feb 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That's because we pay for you to do their job.

Going to nursery and interacting with other kids isn't exactly child cruelty is it.

Very good point you raise there.

My children LOVED nursery and it sets them up for school and it's not as big of a culture shock when they start.

It's a limited excuse anyway, as what will the excuse be when they're at school?
JonnyJ

22nd Feb 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting...
James

22nd Feb 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here we go.
sc0ott

22nd Feb 12 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to do some house work in my high school years, had a paper round and worked in a shop after school. I feel i can say i started off at the bottom of the ladder and worked my way up to doing what im doing just now even though my work route has nothing in common to my current job, just because i started 'work' young.
Sunz

22nd Feb 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Experts in parenting now !
James

22nd Feb 12 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cardiac Kid
quote:

Going to nursery and interacting with other kids isn't exactly child cruelty is it.

My children LOVED nursery and it sets them up for school and it's not as big of a culture shock when they start.

It's a limited excuse anyway, as what will the excuse be when they're at school?

A lot of people can't afford nursery though.

You're a doctor aren't you? So I guess you earn a decent wage etc.
Cardiac Kid

22nd Feb 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I was only talking from a personal perspective. I was just stating the benefits my kids had.

The last part of what I wrote was a generic statement. It was only until I read pages 3-6 that I realise the reaction it induced.

What I will point out though, is that family tax credits is mandatory. You HAVE to fill the form in, so aslong as you're truthful, the government are the ones that decide how much you get. They're more or less saying to households with children "FILL THIS IN OR WE WILL HAVE YOU!"

I'm sure Chloe16v's situation is as diverse as most and her reasons may be more credible than the generic population that I referred to.

sc0ott

22nd Feb 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet some if not most of the people against claiming benefits download music, films etc illegally.
Cardiac Kid

22nd Feb 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably, but people don't pay into the entertainment industry forcefully and subject to deductions on their income to keep Keanu Reeves in his multimillion pound dosshouse.

It's a totally different concept and it's more of a law-breaking issue as opposed to people disagreeing with what the state thinks people are entitled to.

Interesting spin though...

[Edited on 22-02-2012 by Cardiac Kid]
Paul_J

22nd Feb 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Out of interest, how many kids and what are their ages? I think it depends a lot on that.
spencer88

22nd Feb 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
quote:

Out of interest, how many kids and what are their ages? I think it depends a lot on that.

I am pretty sure kids at nursery are around the same age, well up to round 3/4 anyway.

I don't think nursery would be beneficial for a 14 year old.
Paul_J

22nd Feb 12 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, I just wondered how old his kids were now, and how long ago they went to nursery.

Nursery's have changed a lot last few years, imo.
Dave

22nd Feb 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well, I was only talking from a personal perspective. I was just stating the benefits my kids had.

The last part of what I wrote was a generic statement. It was only until I read pages 3-6 that I realise the reaction it induced.

What I will point out though, is that family tax credits is mandatory. You HAVE to fill the form in, so aslong as you're truthful, the government are the ones that decide how much you get. They're more or less saying to households with children "FILL THIS IN OR WE WILL HAVE YOU!"

I'm sure Chloe16v's situation is as diverse as most and her reasons may be more credible than the generic population that I referred to.

You don't have to claim any tax credits if you don't want.
A2H GO

22nd Feb 12 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work full time but don't feel its enough so spend any time not at work working too.
Cardiac Kid

22nd Feb 12 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do have to acknowledge the annual letter though, right?

This is why my wife does it all. We don't get anything, as we aren't entitled, but she always sends something back or rings them up.

My little ones are 4 and 5. They went to nursery at 3 (part-time).

There will be instances where there is no financial benefit to sending children to childcare/nursery as it might cost more than the parent earns or the parent might be able to claim a little bit of benefits, plus save the fees that nursery would charge. In that case, it's the system that makes it more appealing to not pursue work. What would the point be, short-term?

James

22nd Feb 12 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is it you do again Cardiac Kid? Something medical isn't it?
Dave

22nd Feb 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You do have to acknowledge the annual letter though, right?

This is why my wife does it all. We don't get anything, as we aren't entitled, but she always sends something back or rings them up.

My little ones are 4 and 5. They went to nursery at 3 (part-time).

There will be instances where there is no financial benefit to sending children to childcare/nursery as it might cost more than the parent earns or the parent might be able to claim a little bit of benefits, plus save the fees that nursery would charge. In that case, it's the system that makes it more appealing to not pursue work. What would the point be, short-term?

If you've claimed once you will have to re-submit every August because the first time you claim it's based on predicted earnings, then in August you have to tell them what you actually earned then they adjust next years amount if you've been over/under paid.
It's an absolute minefield and tbh, for what we actually get, I wish I'd never bothered.
Cardiac Kid

22nd Feb 12 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's right. HCPs shouldn't state where they work, it's against the rules. Conflicts of interest arise from stating such things. You have to be careful.

Cardiac Kid

22nd Feb 12 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, I see, Dave. Best to let the women deal with it then.
John

22nd Feb 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't ask where you work, only asked doing what.
James

22nd Feb 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's right. HCPs shouldn't state where they work, it's against the rules. Conflicts of interest arise from stating such things. You have to be careful.

Really? My best mate is training to be a surgeon and he always tells people where he works, and what he does.
Cardiac Kid

22nd Feb 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm an HCP (as stated) and we shall leave it there. I'm not prepared to discuss which discipline. It's not about me or my occupation.

James

22nd Feb 12 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate no beef.
Cardiac Kid

22nd Feb 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

Really? My best mate is training to be a surgeon and he always tells people where he works, and what he does.

It's not totally frowned upon to mention your role, but for example, if he goes on a message board and says "I am so tired after working on ward X" there may be a slight chance that someone from the area has a relative on that ward, has an issue with the HCP's behaviour on the boards and hell ensues.

I wouldn't take the chance. I just sold a corsa once and prefer to have a little bit of discussion here, it's busier than most.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Do you work? 24 database queries in 0.1356108 seconds