corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jimmy Carr

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jimmy Carr
Ryan

User status: Offline
21st Jun 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
While I agree about the whole tax and council house thing where would all these people that are sponging off us go? You'd probably get shanty towns start popping up, they'd be breaking in to our houses and stealing things from us. It'd be like living in a 3rd world country once you set foot outside of your high walled guarded house

IMO homeless shelters or hostels etc. You don't need a house to survive, just somewhere with a roof on it, and bread, water soup etc.

Wonder what percentage of council tenants would sort themselves out? I suspect the uptake would be lower than it currently is.
Baskey

21st Jun 12 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
While I agree about the whole tax and council house thing where would all these people that are sponging off us go? You'd probably get shanty towns start popping up, they'd be breaking in to our houses and stealing things from us. It'd be like living in a 3rd world country once you set foot outside of your high walled guarded house

We have these areas already in Bristol
LeeM

21st Jun 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Tax on your wage is out of order in general, just because its become commonplace dosent give someone the right to your money you earnt!

Everything should be privatised and you pay for what you want. Why i should pay into the system for cunts to be on the dole when its a service ive never used and never plan to use! I should get tax relief for not been a scumbag imo

what if you ever injure yourself and need 6 months+ off work? you got enough saved up to support yourself and your family for that time or would you end up on the streets when your savings run out and youre unable to work or pay anymore bills?
a privatised police force would be interesting, corruption would run wild.
privatised army would end up with military coups
private education would end up with an even greater rich/poor divide when the poor cant afford an education.

next thing we're a third world country. our system works well, just needs tightening up a bit.
Ben G

21st Jun 12 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
I just think its a disgrace for someone to pay 50% when others don't have to... Not a fair system.. We should all pay the same %

agreed. everyone should pay the same amount whether they earn 1k or 1million.

it's not the rich guys fault he bettered himself whilst some bin dipper didn't bother.
LeeM

21st Jun 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if they did that it would be 30% with no allowance. everyone would be buzzin then
Dave

21st Jun 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be interesting to see how much people would have to pay if current income tax contributions were shared equally. Can't help but think people earning 20-30k wouldn't have much of their wage left.

Society needs the people doing low paid jobs just as much as it does doctors/accountants/lawyers etc. Arguably more so.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
21st Jun 12 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
i dont see why some scuffy builder or mcdonalds employee who makes a pittance should pay less proportion of tax than me just because they couldnt be bothered to better themselves :/

quote:
I just think its a disgrace for someone to pay 50% when others don't have to... Not a fair system.. We should all pay the same %

Out of interest do you both agree on personal tax allowances?
Jules S
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cameron really pissed me off today.

Typical politico; calls tax avoidance 'repugnant' then when it's pointed out that Saint Barlow and pretty much all of his financial supporters are doing the same it's; 'I'm not going to comment on specific people'

Siberia

24th Jun 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cAcjntGQuCU
taylorboosh

24th Jun 12 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone should pay 20% on everything
Aaron

24th Jun 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Everyone should pay 20% on everything

Disagree.
taylorboosh

24th Jun 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job im not in charge then
MarkM

24th Jun 12 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
you arent you pay a portion of your wage as tax. if you dont like it dont live in the country. everybody is in the same boat and without tax money the country wouldnt be able to function.

if ive had to pay tax and struggle on a grand a month why should some millionaire get away without paying his way? its not our favourite outgoing, but tax is a fact.
its not talkin about gettign away with it though, its about losing half your wages to tax

as a higher rate payer (not 50% though, clearly) and as someone who has worked damn hard to get where i am today, i dont see why some scuffy builder or mcdonalds employee who makes a pittance should pay less proportion of tax than me just because they couldnt be bothered to better themselves :/

Correct. Obviously should have tried harder at school.
MarkM

24th Jun 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flat rate tax for all. No dole or housing assistance after 12 months of being out of work. Child support stops when they start school.

Wonder how many bums would get off their arse if the above was implemented.

It annoys me that my taxes are given to the dregs of society yet I never see any of it back and probably won't do.

They should be forced to work if they refuse to get a job. If they still refuse to work they should be given a tent and forced to live on the outskirts of Reading.
Nath

24th Jun 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM
Flat rate tax for all. No dole or housing assistance after 12 months of being out of work. Child support stops when they start school.

Wonder how many bums would get off their arse if the above was implemented.

It annoys me that my taxes are given to the dregs of society yet I never see any of it back and probably won't do.

They should be forced to work if they refuse to get a job. If they still refuse to work they should be given a tent and forced to live on the outskirts of Reading.

It does take the piss. My mate is in a position where if he doesn't get a job for at least £7 an hour then he'll actually end up worse off. How the fuck can that happen?! ANY job should mean a better life than no job. But with the hand outs this government dishes out he has that situation. No job should mean eating beans on toast for dinner every night. Not being able to pick and choose what you do.
mwg

24th Jun 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love money threads on this site
Nath

24th Jun 12 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I love money threads on this site

What watch do you have mate?
mwg

24th Jun 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pfft, that would imply I only have one expensive watch rather than several
Nath

24th Jun 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Pfft, that would imply I only have one expensive watch rather than several

It was a test, which you passed, congratulations.
neil h

24th Jun 12 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
It does take the piss. My mate is in a position where if he doesn't get a job for at least £7 an hour then he'll actually end up worse off. How the fuck can that happen?! ANY job should mean a better life than no job. But with the hand outs this government dishes out he has that situation. No job should mean eating beans on toast for dinner every night. Not being able to pick and choose what you do.

Just as a thought but you do realise the current benefit system was established by the previous Labour government and not the Coalition?
Nath

24th Jun 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
quote:
Originally posted by Nath

Just as a thought but you do realise the current benefit system was established by the previous Labour government and not the Coalition?

Why does that matter?
neil h

24th Jun 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cus it's not a system they put in place, it's something there stuck with courtesy of Labour.
Nath

24th Jun 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter. Makes no difference to the situation.
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 12 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can someone tell me if Dr pepper or fad have commented over the last 6 pages, appreciated.
Nath

24th Jun 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Can someone tell me if Dr pepper or fad have commented over the last 6 pages, appreciated.

No mate. Afraid not. I think Dr Pepper is still typing something since Friday.

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jimmy Carr 22 database queries in 0.0227470 seconds