corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  59    60    61    62    63    64    65  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
Wrighty

User status: Offline
18th Apr 14 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have just stripped out the interior so road noise would mask any clunks from your shonky BC's, then there would have been no need to swap coilovers 100 times and be in the situation in the first place no symphathy...thats what you get for been such a tart mate

ps whos looking after it while your stateside?
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Apr 14 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no idea
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Apr 14 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
should have just stripped out the interior so road noise would mask any clunks from your shonky BC's, then there would have been no need to swap coilovers 100 times and be in the situation in the first place no symphathy...thats what you get for been such a tart mate

ps whos looking after it while your stateside?

It's 10x worse with interior out

I've been at a top secret storage location today, clearing out the garage. Fits nicely, bit of a depressing job to do

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeetleGav

18th Apr 14 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a cover over it. They don't half get covered in shit when in a garage for a while
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Apr 14 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it got a nice layer of dust after just 10mins

Not too fussed tbh, it's not in there to stay clean - just in there to stay out of the way as parking is at a premium on my estate.

Looking forward to the end of July when I'll be back for a few days, can wash it then

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

18th Apr 14 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at fraz
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Apr 14 at 14:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My MOT will expire whilst I'm away. Can the car stay sat in that garage until I return, then be driven to an MOT centre?

Don't want to leave it up to the fella who's garage it is, as the car needs a special MOT

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
jorded94

20th Apr 14 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure its aloud if you have already booked the car in, so if you are stopped they can phone them and check?
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Apr 14 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I think I read that. Read a few conflicts on google with regards to whether the cars insurance remains valid? I can't see why not if it's not going to be driven.

Mainly concerned about if it gets nicked/burned down

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

20th Apr 14 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please tell me those ladders are tied back? You're insane if they aren't.
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Apr 14 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye behind a wooden holder thingy.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

20th Apr 14 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ok, thats fine then.

Had visions of you opening the garage door on your return to be greeted with an absolute mess of a front end.
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Apr 14 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, car didn't want to go into hiding without a fight - blew a headlight bulb

Final treat and job before I go away:

Seem a load brighter than the Phillips ones I had before, will stare at a wall in the dark tonight for the last time

I depart tomorrow, so other than the occasional "I bought some parts" post, that'll be the thread resting for the year.

KW say the coilovers will ship end of next week, so got them being delivered to a friends house.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeetleGav

28th Apr 14 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sad times
Get something interesting in the states so we can still have a decent build thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Apr 14 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, will pimp out my Toyota Corolla (or similar) for sure...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well my Toyota Corolla (or similar) ended up being a VW Jetta, badass

Did see this too:

[Edited on 01-05-2014 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 18:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After just a day driving around, can see just how dire Subaru's situation is in the UK. Every third car on the road here is a Subaru of some description, loads of Legacy's and Foresters - but a fair few Impreza's of various eras too.

Saw three of the newer hatch shaped ones last night which were all slammed right down with massive mudflaps and roofracks... looked pretty cool

Seeing a Subaru of any flavour in the UK just seems to be a rare sight nowadays, but they're very much a mainstream brand here.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Simon_16v

1st May 14 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coilovers and wheels for the jetta?
Wrighty

1st May 14 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the classis were only made in coupe over there and pretty sure they were carried on after 2000 too but they arnt turbos...which isnt really a problem. so jelly of your outing man
Ben J

1st May 14 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How long you in States for?
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
the classis were only made in coupe over there and pretty sure they were carried on after 2000 too but they arnt turbos...which isnt really a problem. so jelly of your outing man

Yeah an Impreza with a turbo here didn't exist until the bugeye, and every turbo engine has been the 2.5 which didn't arrive in the UK until the Hawkeye (and the US 2.5 doesn't blow up either).

I think... either way, Subaru are selling loads of cars here - makes the UK outfit look like a joke, maybe something to do with 20mpg being an achievement over here

I'm here for three months on this "stint", return to the UK on Friday 25th July, then on tuesday the 29th I fly to Florida with the missus for a holiday. We return to the UK on the 13th August and then I fly back to the US for work on the 18th August. After the Florida trip, I'll likely be working 3-4 weeks in the US and one week in the UK, rotating until I max out my visa allowance sometime in December.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Simon_16v
Coilovers and wheels for the jetta?

Don't do coilovers mate

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

1st May 14 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds a fantastic opportunity
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st May 14 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is professionally, location aside I'm stepping out of my comfort zone with the actual job too - doing stuff I'd probably not get the opportunity to do for a fair few years back in my old position - so hopefully I'll come back with a pimped out CV and a few stories/photographs etc.

Personally it's a nightmare though, I liked my life at home - I like the UK and I miss my cat.

and girlfriend.

If anyone is on Flickr, I signed up to keep a bit of a photoblog type thing going (requested by family/friends/etc). Look me up "townendk" if you're bothered.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

1st May 14 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find the normal people see an impreza or any subaru as a chavvy thing. Not saying it is. Just the mindless people instantly seem to make a boyracer/chav joke if you mention the word subaru or impreza.

<<  59    60    61    62    63    64    65  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0366828 seconds