corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  62    63    64    65    66    67    68  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Sep 11 at 08:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you bought MOH and want 48 hour early access, you'll need the MOH disc to play the BF3 beta.

quote:
Even though the Battlefield 3 beta is waiting on Sony and Microsoft for approval, you'll still need your disc. Twitter user @CodyReed asked the official Battlefield twitter how exactly users will access the BF3 beta early with their MoH:LE copy. The official answer is yes, console players will need their discs to get into the beta before everyone else. So if you're a console player and eagerly awaiting to get into the Battlefield 3 beta, we suggest that you find your disc!

I think you may see the beta this weekend, all they're waiting for is Microsoft and Sony to authorise the console versions.
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 08:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hopefully we will see it soon, my new mouse turned up this morning its nice!
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris show me your rig
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, part 2 of the guillotine trailer is tomorrow as it says on the video. People are assuming it's part 2 of the trailer anyway, as it says to be continued or something like that. For all anyone knows that could be the start of the beta too, would make sense being a Friday. Especially with the news of the PC beta being ready now.

[Edited on 15-09-2011 by DannyB]
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 10:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how can i show you it? you mean take a pic of its insides?

i can list the components if you like.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, the whole thing, take the side off too so I can have a nosey
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea sure ill take a pic for you tonight.

list of components as follows

Asus Rampage II Extreme Motherboard
i7 920 Do-Stepping
H50 watercooler
Corsair 8gb DDR3
Triple RAM fans
SLi 2x GTX 460 Cyclone 1GB
Big ass power pack
400gb SATA HDD

have i forgotten anything ? lol
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 11:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really don't know if I should buy an overclokced bundle from Scan or just ring them up and get them to build something from scratch, the overclocked bundles are very well priced though.
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my gear is all gaming/overclocking stuff. the cpu i believe can be overclocked from 2.9 to 4.2 if you have a watercooled setup like mine. thats per core mind. the graphics card, ram and mb can all be clocked too very easily.

if my machine runs the beta quick just get the same system as mine with better cards etc. shouldnt cost more than 4/500 + cards now.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 11:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, could always do that. Cards will be a big issue with this game, hence why all the preview vids on PC have been on a rig running 2 £500+ cards, not everyone will be able to afford that.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris what do you think of these, what would you choose?

http://3xs.scan.co.uk/Category.asp?SystemMasterCategoryID=38
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for components the one at 550.99 but you could get it cheaper to build yourself. 4.7ghz per core is good tho i havent clocked mine so its still running 2.9ghz and its not struggled on much if anything.

crysis 2 in 1920x1080 in full everything runs fast 100+ fps but drop dx11 and it starts to get choppy, 30/40fps but nothing is clocked at all.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new Video from the Tokyo Game Show, cam copy and in 2 parts.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/15/battlefield-3-video-emerges-from-tokyo-game-show/

edit: it's console footage

chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anything of interest in the vid? ive stopped watching them as i dont wanna spoil it for myself..
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No very short cam copy of the guillotine mission, horrible console player at the controls. The city scape looks amazing though. Best just waiting for the official release tomorrow.
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 14:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just going to wait for the beta.
Sunz

15th Sep 11 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny, have you use scan before ? I've a lot of problems with them in the past, I personally wouldn't trust them.

And bundles ! I thought you was going to build it yee self !
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 14:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idvorder the bits from ccl and get them delivered. i go every 2 years and spend 1k upgrading the comp
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 14:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've used Scan for 5 years, not had one problem and I've always found their customer service to be excellent.

I'll still be ''building'' it, as them bundles don't come already built. You just buy them as a bundle. Supposedly works out cheaper. No different to me buying a bundle to me buying parts seperate. Scan also do very good deals on bundles on their Today Only page.
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some new screenshots

http://imgur.com/a/GP5PV/all

Battleblog 11 just released too, every MP mode explained

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/09/15/battleblog-11-every-battlefield-3-multiplayer-game-mode-explained.aspx##

JonnyJ

15th Sep 11 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If you are familiar with this game mode from Battlefield: Bad Company 2, you might want to know we are refining it for Battlefield 3 in a number of ways, based on player feedback. Some of the gameplay tweaks we are bringing to Rush are:
* You cannot use explosives or shoot at the M-COM to take it out. Only arm and disarm.
* If the attacking team arms the M-COM but runs out of tickets, the match will continue until the M-COM detonates or defenders disarm it
* If the defenders start disarming an M-COM just before it’s about to blow, the explosion is prevented until the disarm is accomplished. If the defender gets killed during the disarm process, the M-COM will instantly blow

Excellent

Hate it when people were using anti tank mines to destroy the m-coms. Like the idea of still being able to disarm it while its very close to blowing too
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sunz

15th Sep 11 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No more quads with c4 then
DannyB
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome, is that PSU only 580w?
chris_uk
Premium Member

15th Sep 11 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  62    63    64    65    66    67    68  >>

New Poll