corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Manchested United Official thread week Sponsored by Betfred

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Manchested United Official thread week Sponsored by Betfred
Cosmo

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 06 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Was he wearing his trainers Cosmo?

In most of them, but there were a few where he was trying to bend his fat thighs and suck on his toes which were covered in some whiteish gooey stuff
Cosmo

22nd Nov 06 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW Marc....we showed tonight how to beat a side and qualify top of your group with one game to play
Hammer

22nd Nov 06 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
one on one game? its the last three times including your own team what more can we do than beat whats in front of us

One and one as in you might play against an English team every other season. If you were playing week in, week out against english teams you would be a middle of the table side.

and you have derived this fantasy from what fact's? if we move to the premiership we will attract the same players the big teams attract both the old firm have the potential to be in the top 5 revenue earning football clubs in the world if it weren't for tv revenu restrictions.

We earn less tv money then the likes of colchester stoke burnley etc etc yet we can attract Gravesen, Hesselink, Nakamura and the likes. You all live in a wee bubble down south where your the best at everything
mav

22nd Nov 06 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo

22nd Nov 06 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and you have derived this fantasy from what fact's? if we move to the premiership we will attract the same players the big teams attract both the old firm have the potential to be in the top 5 revenue earning football clubs in the world if it weren't for tv revenu restrictions.

We earn less tv money then the likes of colchester stoke burnley etc etc yet we can attract Gravesen, Hesselink, Nakamura and the likes. You all live in a wee bubble down south where your the best at everything

Ive answered this above somewhere....

Yes you will be one of the wealthiest clubs (kind of like Newcastle getting great crowds, etc.) and be able to spend a lot of money on top players offering them silly amounts.

BUT the majority wouldnt want to move upto Scotland, simple as. Christ Utd and us have a hard enough time getting them to move upto Liverpool/Cheshire way, let alone even further up!
Hammer

22nd Nov 06 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why wouldn't they move up north the weather in Glasgow is almost identical to that of Manchester/Newcastle.
Cosmo

22nd Nov 06 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why wouldn't they move up north the weather in Glasgow is almost identical to that of Manchester/Newcastle.

nothing to do with weather (is a little, but as you said its not really much different) its just the image and idea people have of places up there. I know there are nice places, and have been to many of them alot as some of my family are scots, but people have an idea of the place and it works against it.

The same goes for up by us aswell to some extent.
Danny P

22nd Nov 06 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not read the thread, cant be arsed but can guess what it will be about. Im bored so here's a few off my comments on things:

A) In't first half Man Utd ran the game, they dictated the play with lots of the ball, just couldn't find the killer ball. Giggs made a fair few runs into the area but the pass was always overhit or cut out. The UTD midfield were on top and Celtic couldn't get hold of the ball. Cant really remember many clear cut chances from either team.

B) Second half Celtic changed things round with the formation and cut out UTD dominace from Midfield area's, Giggs went quiet and Celtic started to frustrate UTD, and began to get a grip on the game and push forward more creating a few chances. UTD still had more of the ball but didnt really do anything with it.

C) Celtic goal prob's wasnt a free kick, but in football you have to take your chances, with the fella did with a superb free kick. Penalty was the RIGHT decision in my eyes (you cant charge a ball down with your hands above your head) Poor penalty by Saha who shouldnt have really taken it given the game he had been having, should have been Rooney, Scholes, or Giggs IMO.

D) If Rangers or Celtic came into the Premiership then IMO I think they would struggle for the first few seasons, probably finish around mid table (10th - 15th) but within a few years when the money from Sky and Rewards for league positions came in they would slowly climb the league, coupled with the crowds they get, they would then be able to attract better players and pay better wages, and therefore climb the League. Would both be a top 6 team most seasons.

E) The rest of the Scottish teams are poor IMO. Only Rangers, Celtic and maybe Hearts would have any chance down here. The reason the rest of the Scottish teams are so poor is that fans in Scotland are attracted to the Old Firm instead of supporting local smaller clubs. These teams are never going to develop as long as everyone keeps doing this as they are never going to have a decent enough income to buy/keep good players at thier clubs.

Essay I know, but like I said I was bored
mav

22nd Nov 06 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with the point about fans.Talk to ppl and 70% of the time no matter where you are in scotland they will support Rangers or Celtic...Simple...

Hearts I would say why do ppl think hearts are a good team. they are shite full of over rated lithuanians...They had 1 maybe 2 good seasons...

I'm just waiting on Aberdeen stopping the Old firm again like the 80's
Danny P

22nd Nov 06 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
Hearts I would say why do ppl think hearts are a good team. they are shite full of over rated lithuanians...They had 1 maybe 2 good seasons...

Dont really pay much attention to what goes on on the wrong side of the boarder ( ) so just seen them up the league and presumed they'd have a decent set up. Kinda proves a point about the rest of the league though if a bunch of "overated Lituainians" are playing in the 3rd best team up there.
Hammer

22nd Nov 06 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they're not the third best team and the reason they are full of lithuanians is because the team is owned by a power mad lunatic lithuanian banker.

whats the wrong side of the boarder anyway, his backside?
mav

22nd Nov 06 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3rd who's 3rd Not Hearts anyway.............

Aberdeen Joint 2nd...

But I do feel the English put the scottish league down too much when 95% of english know HEE HAW about it...

Look at Le guen he has a bit of a shock, underestimating the rest of the teams and his Rangers side are struggling in games..After he done so much for Lyon..

[Edited on 22-11-2006 by mav]
Nath

22nd Nov 06 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or maybe the French League is just as shit?

Only joking before I get killed for that comment
mav

23rd Nov 06 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

23rd Nov 06 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyway, countdown to Shuper Shunday I hear Drogba has an ankle injury

Edit - Ballack has a leg injury too, shouldn't matter too much as hes rubbish anyway.

[Edited on 23-11-2006 by Marc]
--Dave--
Banned

23rd Nov 06 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ballacks looks nasty big gash down the back of his calf. He'll be fine for Sunday I reckon. Drogba could be a doubt though.
Marc

24th Nov 06 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm loving the build up the media are giving the Chelsea match, after all this it will probably end 0-0
Marc

24th Nov 06 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Team line up taken from ManUnited.com:

Team Line up:

VDS

Neville Rio Vidic Evra/Heinze

Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Giggs

Rooney Saha

Subs: Kuszie, Evra/Heinze, Richardson, Fletch, Smith.

RyanSxi

24th Nov 06 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im going for 2-0 united. we are in good form, the lads will be fired up. and after the defeat at celtic they will want to prove themselves.

ronaldo and rooney/saha to score.

(p.s. think chrissy will have a blinder! )

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Manchested United Official thread week Sponsored by Betfred 23 database queries in 0.0148270 seconds