corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY
Graham88

User status: Offline
31st Jan 08 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye see what you're saying. It should work if it's never been there.

I look forwards to it's launch.
Steve X16XE

31st Jan 08 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
But basically, this is a track day dedicated website?
Pretty much. You in?

Glad someone dumbed it down for me

Count me in
Steve X16XE

31st Jan 08 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by James
P.s. Write the site in .Net
Now that IS a gamble

Explain? Dumb it down though
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 08 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Change the programming.
Fonz
Premium Member

1st Feb 08 at 00:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top idea and I hope it works, sounds very exciting and exactly what is needed!

I know it sounds silly but after going up the strip earlier this month the idea of getting on a track appeals even more! But the opportunity to do so is limited to me – sounds like WR would change that

When people ask me about clubs meets and what we get up to its just general get togethers, meeting at a pub for banter, and typically for me to visit other cars going up the strip at Santa Pod.

My best mate, user Rich7585, who has only posted in reaction to my project thread (see sig [/plug]) is a car fan like me but is less “boy racer” an more “race driver”.
His Dad has been a member of a local motoring club Dolphin Motorclub and they have both competed in Auto-solos and Auto-tests YouTube video. This sort of racing for those who don’t know is typically a marked out circuit with cones at disused airfields typically 90seconds in length with speeds rarely exceeding second gear. As the video shows there is anything there from Pug 106, Nova XE or Lotus! There were even three sets of Father/Son drivers. The age range, like the car range is wide. I have joined them and have been the photographer at one (I’m visible in the background of the video in some shots sitting on the roof!) and enjoyed them. Look at the events calendar and you’ll see very few “track days” and this is due simply to the club size.

Now to my point, if WR was a large club, rather than a forum (as CS is imo) with regular track day events, or even auto-solo/test style events I’m sure it would get off the ground!
There is plenty of interest in simple track day format racing, Dolphin MC has members in Wales and Midlands due to a lacking in local clubs, and if this is the interest WR is aiming at, was targeting and captured then I’m sure it will become a success. Certainly building on the small scale racer to track events
As a dedicated site to track day events I would be put off by “off subject” rooms. CS as much as I love it, is as I describe it to others Corsa fans meeting online and chatting as if down the local at the same bar, and the rooms show that. Off day alone is split 5 ways, none car related (ignoring PS requests in Snap Day). Threads here are just the same as the ones with my mates in the pub, discussing cars (GC) what I think of my boss (OD), the footy results (SD) trying to flog stuff to them (Classified) asking for help/assistance (HZ&MA) and relationship help in PL ( ) etc.

For a true enthusiast and for a committed site to weekend racing this sort of off subject banter would either be non-existent or kept minimal. But that is my opinion for a car CLUB, WR maybe more a forum site.

I know I am no big hitter on CS, relatively unknown so understand if my thoughts are not considered and my opinions maybe to seen to be too conservative but it is certainly something that I would like to see, particularly as the one area I would like CS to excel in is in my experience lacking – Regional Groups.

Sorry for the essay……in short, its sounds like what I would want to be part of (once I move away from my Corsa) and is something I would be looking to join and get others I know to join in the yrs ahead

[Edited on 01-02-2008 by Fonz]
Steve X16XE

1st Feb 08 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also could do something about track day insurance. Bulk buy to get things cheaper.
Paul_J

1st Feb 08 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Track day insurance is a waste of time, just don't drive stupidly and drive with a good bunch of people.
Steve X16XE

1st Feb 08 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes sence.
Steve X16XE

1st Feb 08 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz
For a true enthusiast and for a committed site to weekend racing this sort of off subject banter would either be non-existent or kept minimal. But that is my opinion for a car CLUB, WR maybe more a forum site.

From reading the 1st 4 pages thats what i understand to be happening. If you don't want to know about/talk about track events then stay on CS. But if that is all you want to know then that'll be perfect for those that are just interested in that.
Rob E

1st Feb 08 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a brilliant idea
Steve
Premium Member

1st Feb 08 at 01:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whatabout if i want to discuss track driving but dont want to goto any events
TheCam

1st Feb 08 at 04:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds like a good idea but imo the name lets it down. sounds like were all gonna be meeting in mcdonalds car parks lol

jus my 2p worth
Corsa_Joel

1st Feb 08 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a good idea
Jules

1st Feb 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seen this

Seems a bloody good idea and there is a hole in the market which I think CS can plug.
I'll certainly be signing up, ok so I'm not going to throw my coupe round a track but the social aspect would still make it viable for me.

Good idea Ian (et al) and best of luck with it.
Liam

1st Feb 08 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you allowed to be on the forum, if you don't have a "track car" but just want to join in??
All Torque

1st Feb 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheCam
it sounds like a good idea but imo the name lets it down. sounds like were all gonna be meeting in mcdonalds car parks lol

jus my 2p worth

Pffft, it won't be http://www.gloynboyz.co.uk
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Feb 08 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
Are you allowed to be on the forum, if you don't have a "track car" but just want to join in??
Yes, I thought I had made this clear in my other posts. An ability to take part will mean you get the most from the place but an interest in what is going on will mean you are permitted to register.
Liam

1st Feb 08 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
Yes, I thought I had made this clear in my other posts. An ability to take part will mean you get the most from the place but an interest in what is going on will mean you are permitted to register.

I didn't read it tbh, was in a rush. That sounds good though.
marklaruk

1st Feb 08 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not soemthing i will really bother with i don't think but good luck does sound like a great idea
Andrew

2nd Feb 08 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a really good idea in theory. It will be hard work running two web sites, not even taking into consideration all the programming an updates, and having a full time career. But saying that, Ian is not afraid of a few all nighters.

I wish Ian and Tim all the best in this little project. I hope as many cs members that can support this will.
Adam_B

3rd Feb 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs a different name
jr

3rd Feb 08 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ssssssshhhhhhhhh
Marc

3rd Feb 08 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Needs a different name

Midweek Racer?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

3rd Feb 08 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats wrong with weekend racer?

too chavvy?
Adam_B

3rd Feb 08 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » NEW PROJECT - Weekend Racer - READ THIS AND REPLY 22 database queries in 0.0220761 seconds