corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weeks Champions League Football - sponsored by LFC Beach Balls

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This weeks Champions League Football - sponsored by LFC Beach Balls
Cosmo

User status: Offline
21st Oct 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL at such a weakened United line up and Owen still cant make the first team
mwg

21st Oct 09 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saving him for his 96th minute deflection off a beach ball goal moment of glory
Marc

21st Oct 09 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Van der Sar
Neville Ferdinand Vidic Fabio
O'Shea Valencia Scholes Anderson Nani
Berbatov

Kuszczak Brown, Owen, Carrick, Welbeck, Evans, Macheda

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by Marc]
Cavey

21st Oct 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boring as hell so far this game
corsa - gus

21st Oct 09 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest I would be all for starting from the bottom and working our way up the leagues. Rangers and Celtic would still pull in decent crowds during the time it would take to get through the leagues. However at the current time, I think both clubs would struggle terribly even in the league one.

Hammer

21st Oct 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'd love to see Celtic & Rangers in the Premier League, what reason would anyone not want them?

If they start from the bottom of the Football League pyramid then fine.

I'd take that in a second, I'm fairly certain both boards would as well.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

21st Oct 09 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we'd be fucked if we started from the lower leagues

we'd lose all of our players
Hammer

21st Oct 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
we'd be fucked if we started from the lower leagues

we'd lose all of our players

Doesn't matter, we'd still attract the best players and pay the biggest wages in every league up to the Premiership.
Danny P

21st Oct 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Scotland wasn't joined onto England it would be considered to be arond the same standard as some dodgy little country like Belarus.

Apart from Rangers & Celtic the standard of the rest of the league isn't very good, and recent results in Europe suggest they are getting worse rather than better. The crowds are piss poor throughout the SPL, and IMO it suffers from the way the league is structured. Playing teams 4 times a season isn't good for anyone.

If the Scottish FA want to make the league more competative they need to look at the league and give it a re-vamp. More teams in the SPL to make it more interesting to bring the fans back. Clubs charge less for tickets to get the grounds fuller again, and give the smaller teams a chance of making some money and making the league more competative.

I think Scotlands biggest problem is that it tires to be too much the English league, which IMO is only hindering it.
Marc

21st Oct 09 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Valencia

Crossbar
Cavey

21st Oct 09 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much the only minute bit of excitement for the entire 85 mins so far. Think my missus has the right idea sleeping on the sofa.

Owen scoring would be good for me financially tho
Marc

21st Oct 09 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Valencia
Hammer

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
If Scotland wasn't joined onto England it would be considered to be arond the same standard as some dodgy little country like Belarus.

Then how come it took a club from that poor a league to be the first to win a European cup in Britain?

TV money has drove a wedge between us and the Premiership, La Liga and the rest. When it was on an even keel we could compete with anyone.
Cavey

Bastard Valencia. They have dominated whilst doing nothing at all, so can't complain too much really. Jsut need him to tap out a rebound to Owen, arse
Marc

21st Oct 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Then how come it took a club from that poor a league to be the first to win a European cup in Britain?

TV money has drove a wedge between us and the Premiership, La Liga and the rest. When it was on an even keel we could compete with anyone.

Celtic are easily a top 6 Premiership team that would give the top 4 a run for their money, which they have done in Europe.
Cavey

21st Oct 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree with that, they may have challenged in one-off games, at home, in europe, but when you lose to Motherwell and the likes you're not going to finish top 6 in the prem

edited to put "AT HOME", they're awful away in europe still

[Edited on 21-10-2009 by Cavey]
JM Curdy

21st Oct 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOL @ the cska player thinking he can take an offside freekick in the opposition half
mwg

21st Oct 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Valencia you beauty! That goal was well deserved and been coming for a while. I've got tickets for the home leg, cant wait!
JM Curdy

21st Oct 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
I disagree with that, they may have challenged in one-off games, at home, in europe, but when you lose to Motherwell and the likes you're not going to finish top 6 in the prem

the same way united can go and lose to burnley and still win the league etc?
Danny P

21st Oct 09 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Danny P

Should probably have said before TV money came into play, but your right in what you say. Although in recent history all the better Scottish players have generally come to England to play due to it being a better standard/paying more money.
Cavey

21st Oct 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM Curdy
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

the same way united can go and lose to burnley and still win the league etc?

The point i was trying to make was that they wouldn't beat the majority of the premier league frequently enough to challenge the top 6, imo, they'd be mid-table at best, for the first year at least. After a couple of years of the money, and building on the squad then who knows
corsa - gus

21st Oct 09 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all ifs and buts if we are honest though. Both Rangers and Celtic are a big draw, and can attract larger crowds than most teams even in the Premiership. However the quality of both sides of the Old Firm suffers greatly because of the lack of funding in TV money. Neither Rangers nor Celtic would challenge for a top 6 place in the Premiership with their current squads, infact both would be happy to be mid-table at best. With the money available from broadcasting rights and sponsorship if they were in England they would be established teams within two seasons. I do believe though if they do go to England starting from the bottom and working up would be the best way to do it as it is the fairest way. I don't see it though, mainly due to the baggage the Old Firm would bring to the English game
Cavey

21st Oct 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, not sure why I was arguing, as at the end of the day it's all going to be personal opinion as I don't think it'll happen.

There was talk of a euro-elite league re-ignited again in the last week or two wasn't there? I'd imagine that'd be more possible, but would kill a lot of the smaller leagues in europe.
Cavey

21st Oct 09 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheslea goal very harshly disallowed btw, this game has been better than the utd game already
Nic Barnes

21st Oct 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was offside although i dont see how that made the keeper put it in his own net. let off really.

kaloo proper will doyle'd that last shot.

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » This weeks Champions League Football - sponsored by LFC Beach Balls 23 database queries in 0.0245130 seconds