corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The weekend football thread sponsored by Dean Ashton's Playing Days

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The weekend football thread sponsored by Dean Ashton's Playing Days
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
15th Dec 09 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
It's the Yanks fault. And we'll easily be in the top 4 by Christmas

Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
So you were realistic?

You lost Alonso when you came within a few points of ManUre and now you are crap?

Sorry, didn't ManUre lose their best player and are still up there? Even last season was there a bin-dipper fan on here claiming that Alonso was the centre pin of the team? No.

You over-achieved. You will NOT be top 4 this season.

I still fancy Arsenal for the league and have put my money where my mouth was.

I wasnt as confident as I was at the end of last season, and Im sure I tipped Chelsea for the title. I did think we'd be up there though and so far wrong about that - I do however think we'll be in the top 4 at the end.

Our form isnt just down to Alonso going (although was a big part as he was the quarter back that was essential to getting the ball to Gerrard and Torres), its also down to injury problems. Granted United lost their best player, but they have and had a much bigger squad than ours and have absorbed the loss better than we have - although they havent gone unaffected by the loss imo.

And if last year was a fluke, and the CL was a fluke, etc. etc. then how do you explain the previous seasons form when we were well in the top 4? Hardly like this year is a true example of how we actually are.

Oh, and calling us bin dippers is a bit rich isnt it, arent you from Oldham or some other shit hole of a Manchester area?
Limecat
Banned

15th Dec 09 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
So you were realistic?

You lost Alonso when you came within a few points of ManUre and now you are crap?

Sorry, didn't ManUre lose their best player and are still up there? Even last season was there a bin-dipper fan on here claiming that Alonso was the centre pin of the team? No.

You over-achieved. You will NOT be top 4 this season.

I still fancy Arsenal for the league and have put my money where my mouth was.

I wasnt as confident as I was at the end of last season, and Im sure I tipped Chelsea for the title. I did think we'd be up there though and so far wrong about that - I do however think we'll be in the top 4 at the end.

Our form isnt just down to Alonso going (although was a big part as he was the quarter back that was essential to getting the ball to Gerrard and Torres), its also down to injury problems. Granted United lost their best player, but they have and had a much bigger squad than ours and have absorbed the loss better than we have - although they havent gone unaffected by the loss imo.

And if last year was a fluke, and the CL was a fluke, etc. etc. then how do you explain the previous seasons form when we were well in the top 4? Hardly like this year is a true example of how we actually are.

Oh, and calling us bin dippers is a bit rich isnt it, arent you from Oldham or some other shit hole of a Manchester area?

How do I explain it? Simple - Villa, City and Tottenham have advanced whilst you haven't, if anything by your self confessed Alonso point you have gone backwards.

No. I am not from Oldham. I am from Los Angeles. I hope that clears things up?
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
How do I explain it? Simple - Villa, City and Tottenham have advanced whilst you haven't, if anything by your self confessed Alonso point you have gone backwards.

No. I am not from Oldham. I am from Los Angeles. I hope that clears things up?

We have gone backwards, Im not arguing that and never have tried to. Certain positions we improved on (in fact just the one - RB), but then losing Alonso was a major loss and although we got Aquilani (who could or could not be a good replacement when he is fit) the money we gained through sales was all we spent - zero net spend.

Anyone chasing the title should not be having a net spend of zero unless they have some uber youth system in place.
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and LA is a massive shit hole.
mwg

15th Dec 09 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your right back has improved in attacking but he's shit at defending
Tom

15th Dec 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love how people are so ready to call him shit at defending, ok he fucked up against arsenal but other than that he's played really in the position he's been asked to fill in our system.

How is he 1st choice RB for england if he's shit at defending, don't maure have two english rb's? Why aren't they 1st choice for england?
mwg

15th Dec 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because one of them is too old and probably shouldn't be playing for us either

He is quite often highlighted for being in the wrong position and goals resulting from it, not just in the Arsenal game.
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH he was shit on Sunday, but his defending for us other than that has been excellent.

The fact Carra was exceptionally shit earlier this season, along with both Agger and Skrtel being injured all pre-season and the first part of the season is what has caused our defence to be utter dogshite.
Cosmo

15th Dec 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
He is quite often highlighted for being in the wrong position and goals resulting from it, not just in the Arsenal game.

Thats because English pundits just love to kick an English player whilst he is down, just look when Johnson played for England back in Sept/October and the papers and pundits crucified him.
Tom

15th Dec 09 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly what I was going to say, the donkey's who commentate on england like to have a go at anyone and i'm pretty sure they just sit at home reading SSN and make up there commentary based on the shit they write.

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The weekend football thread sponsored by Dean Ashton's Playing Days 23 database queries in 0.0157809 seconds