corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Premiership games

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek Premiership games
Rick Draper

User status: Offline
11th Feb 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
quote:
Rafa is terrible in the transfer market, while ferguscum finds £10m players worthy or wearing the strip the waiter finds £10m-£20m shithouses.

Oh, and forgot to ask - who are these great players fergie has signed for that amount?

Ronaldo, Vidic, Evra to name three

I agree, Vidic, Heinze, Evra, Ronaldo....

3 of those were less than £10m.

If you want between 10-20m then include Nani, Tosic, Hargreaves, Anderson, Valencia.

Christ if you want to expand the bracket up a bit then Veron and Berbatov.

Difference been United can afford to have failings in the transfer market, net spend rafa is well up there. IMHO If i was the owners i would not give him another penny to spend, as they are clearly learning now.

Rafa is not shrewd enough (he is no MON) and has so far destroyed Babel rather than developed him wasting liverpool £12m in the process. The fact is your just a mid table club now, nothing more nothing less.

[Edited on 11-02-2010 by Rick Draper]
Cosmo

11th Feb 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Difference been United can afford to have failings in the transfer market, net spend rafa is well up there. IMHO If i was the owners i would not give him another penny to spend, as they are clearly learning now.

Rafa is not shrewd enough (he is no MON) and has so far destroyed Babel rather than developed him wasting liverpool £12m in the process. The fact is your just a mid table club now, nothing more nothing less.

Net spend he is not right up there. I think you mean gross spend - and you cant judge someone on gross spend as its not like they are given it all at the start of his time with the club and told to spend it. He is given a small amount, spends that where he can, given a little bit more and makes this up by selling some crap and trading up, etc. etc.

And they are not giving him money as they have none, its not a choice they have made

BTW, your attempt at bait is shockingly poor
Nath

11th Feb 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rick Draper

11th Feb 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Net spend he is not right up there. I think you mean gross spend - and you cant judge someone on gross spend as its not like they are given it all at the start of his time with the club and told to spend it. He is given a small amount, spends that where he can, given a little bit more and makes this up by selling some crap and trading up, etc. etc.

And they are not giving him money as they have none, its not a choice they have made

BTW, your attempt at bait is shockingly poor

Selling crap and trading up Your whole squad is crap, worse than it was 2-3 seasons ago.

For all you know the owners could have millions (IIRC the do they are just unwilling to invest and will bleed you dry) and just dont want to give him any to spend. Would you trust a man who spent £25m on a crocked italian

NET spend:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6888955.ece

Liverpool total net spend 2004-09: £122m loss
Manchester United total net spend 2004-2009: £27m loss
Chelsea total net spend 2004-09: £186m loss
Arsenal Net spend 2004-09: £27m profit

BTW the stats must be wrong as rafa is god....

Nath

11th Feb 10 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo never backs down on this topic Rick.
Rick Draper

11th Feb 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

He needs to pull his head out of his arse tbh. The figures do not lie.
Nath

11th Feb 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Cosmo will say they do lie
Conway563

11th Feb 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not trying to stick up for Cosmo however according to that article Rooney cost £20m. According to most sources I've seen he was at least £25m
Cosmo

11th Feb 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Selling crap and trading up Your whole squad is crap, worse than it was 2-3 seasons ago.

For all you know the owners could have millions (IIRC the do they are just unwilling to invest and will bleed you dry) and just dont want to give him any to spend. Would you trust a man who spent £25m on a crocked italian

NET spend:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6888955.ece

You're contradicting yourself, as one minute you say they arent giving him money, and next you say we are spending more net than most others - which is it?

And you cant just go comparing it like you have above, as the United squad already included many expensive players, including the likes of Rio, RVN (who is then sold and his profit included in those figures), same with Kleberson, and Heinze.

The only club I'll give credit to is Arsenal, as they do (even though they spend big on some youngsters) build up from youth and sell players for vast profits.

Nath

11th Feb 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
I'm not trying to stick up for Cosmo however according to that article Rooney cost £20m. According to most sources I've seen he was at least £25m

I always thought it was £25.6m
Tom

11th Feb 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

quote:
Would you trust a man who spent £25m on a crocked italian

I'm affraid yours do.

Also are you trying to say babel is now worth err £0? He hasn't worked out, but just because he cost us £12m doesn't mean he should be allowed opportunity after opportunity, i'm sure he'd (rafa) be under more criticism if he was playing babel and he wasn't delivering.

If you follow liverpool at all then you will know that our current crop are better than 2-3 years ago, regardless of this seasons results.
Conway563

11th Feb 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what Wikipedia says Nath so that's at least £5.6m not included in those figures from the times
Nath

11th Feb 10 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's what Wikipedia says Nath so that's at least £5.6m not included in those figures from the times

Cosmo

11th Feb 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Torres also wasnt £26.5m (Nath ), and Keane never cost the full £20.3m as all the conditions were wiped off when we sold him back 6 months later, so we only paid something like £15/16m (wont know until the accounts are out) and got something like £12/13m back.
Rick Draper

11th Feb 10 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

NET spend:

You're contradicting yourself, as one minute you say they arent giving him money, and next you say we are spending more net than most others - which is it?

And you cant just go comparing it like you have above, as the United squad already included many expensive players, including the likes of Rio, RVN (who is then sold and his profit included in those figures), same with Kleberson, and Heinze.

The only club I'll give credit to is Arsenal, as they do (even though they spend big on some youngsters) build up from youth and sell players for vast profits.

The now are not giving him money but he has had plenty to spend over the years and imho has spent terribly, he will never win you the league as he does not seem to understand it. Its now no wonder the owners dont wish to invest in him or the squad any further.

Even including those players Liverpool would have still spent more than United.
Nath

11th Feb 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Torres also wasnt £26.5m (Nath ), and Keane never cost the full £20.3m as all the conditions were wiped off when we sold him back 6 months later, so we only paid something like £15/16m (wont know until the accounts are out) and got something like £12/13m back.

Does it show a price for Garcia leaving?
Tom

11th Feb 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its now no wonder the owners dont wish to invest in him or the squad any further.

Seriously, are you joking? Why would they tie him to a 5 years contract if they didn't beleive in him The reason they can't/won't invest in him any further is down to the debt the club is in, nothing else.
Cosmo

11th Feb 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The now are not giving him money but he has had plenty to spend over the years and imho has spent terribly, he will never win you the league as he does not seem to understand it. Its now no wonder the owners dont wish to invest in him or the squad any further.

Even including those players Liverpool would have still spent more than United.

Im sorry, even including the cost of Rio, RVN, Kleberson and Heinze (and the many others in the squad when Rafa took over at Liverpool) he'd of spent more?

Cosmo

11th Feb 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Does it show a price for Garcia leaving?

Yes, but that was never part of the actual deal anyway. He went about a week or so before the Torres deal was even completed.
Nath

11th Feb 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo

11th Feb 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Its now no wonder the owners dont wish to invest in him or the squad any further.

Seriously, are you joking? Why would they tie him to a 5 years contract if they didn't beleive in him The reason they can't/won't invest in him any further is down to the debt the club is in, nothing else.

And the debt they are personally in.

Both having to sell up their American sports assets to stay above water.

Hicks even had to sell up his Ski home for £18m to raise some cash
Tom

11th Feb 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

And the debt they are personally in.

Both having to sell up their American sports assets to stay above water.

Hicks even had to sell up his Ski home for £18m to raise some cash

Don't be stupid, they are both uber cash rish and are waiting to appoint curbishley in the summer before spending any more money.
Cosmo

11th Feb 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, they'll give him a £200m budget and let him go crazy
Nath

11th Feb 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crazy like a fox.
Cosmo

11th Feb 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crazy like Rafa did when he was given his £200m cheque and told to go and spend.

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Premiership games 23 database queries in 0.0150280 seconds